What is the best class?

GragorArtis

I have all classes. Im just putting this up for people to voice their beliefs. I believe the best class is the inquisitor for they can heal,dps, and off tank the best. The best tank class is Juggernaut. The best healing class tho is Sorceror for they can battle rez. The best dps class for soloing stuff i believe is the Mercenary for they can just shoot and run with little channeling. Feel free to argue with me.

I've played almost all 8 classes. (Just got my Commando to level 10...) Here's my favorites. I like tanking, so I might be a little biased.

Powertech - Way more fun than Vanguard, even though they're the same. Love love love this class.

Guardian - I play DPS specced and it's a blast.

Assassin - Have to stay loyal to my main.

Scoundrel - So much fun, haven't gotten to the difficult parts yet, though. I hear they get really squishy later on.

Sniper - Pewpewpew pewpew

Sage - They're okay. I wish I had a ranged basic attack to go with my RANGED class.

Marauder - Just... meh.

And I haven't played enough of Commando to make a judgement on them.

The best dps class for soloing stuff i believe is the Mercenary for they can just shoot and run with little channeling..

What on earth am I reading? Mercenary = rooted like a stone in 2 out of the 3 specs, and the 3rd isn't that much better. They all involve huge amounts of casting/channeling.

This is very subjective and all people are going to do is if they're bad they're class sucks, this thread is major troll food and I suspect it will get out of hand, I bet bad maras will even say they're class sucks. I have 4 high level classes, assault vanguard, balance shadow, scrapper scoundrel and a watchman sentinel, I've leveled all the other ac's to at least 20, but those 4 are my mains and highest levels that I rotate with.

And the verdict is, I wreck face with all of them, I think every class in this game is viable but there are a lot of bad players that don't how to play. So imo all classes are the best classes I'm sure people will say omg maras are the best omg well you know what if you don't face tank ravage and stun them when they do ravage it helps immensly, if you stand there and take hits while they are using undying rage then yeah you're dumb, you just know how to react in certain instances. All classes are good, nuff said.

I need to get more classes to higher levels but I still don't know that I could call any of them "best" at anything. I play each differently and, like yesterday in sub-50 PvP, I played on my marauder and got 8 medals; then switched to my healing merc, got 8 medals. Some the same, some obviously not and all acquired in a very different way. I think that is why I like playing all the ACs in this game. They are all different outsides mirrored classes.

If I had to chose a favorite, I like my sniper the best.

I have all classes. Im just putting this up for people to voice their beliefs. I believe the best class is the inquisitor for they can heal,dps, and off tank the best. The best tank class is Juggernaut. The best healing class tho is Sorceror for they can battle rez. The best dps class for soloing stuff i believe is the Mercenary for they can just shoot and run with little channeling. Feel free to argue with me.

All healing classes have a battle rez...

From the 3 ive tried- merc, sage, n jugger... Imo- the best, funnest, yet most challenging, is the juggernaut. The damage reduction, stuns, n mobility i just love n have success with. Also the damage is decsent if u know how to use the class n rage bar. In warzones, with a non-damage class, in immortal spec i do 120-180k damage. Not great, but solid frm defense-non damag class. Sage n merc r easier, but not as good or fun imo

Okay, any healing class can battle-rez, even the ones that don't spec for healing. Inquisitors can't both tank and heal, your advanced class makes you pick on or the other.

Okay, any healing class can battle-rez, even the ones that don't spec for healing. Inquisitors can't both tank and heal, your advanced class makes you pick on or the other.

This guy.

I'm putting $20 on the OP not having all classes.

All are very good imo and I have everything but a PT and mara 40+.

With that being said I'd say that each of them has their unique playstyle ... the one that best matches your playstyle will be the one you will have the most fun with...

Also class balance is pretty damn close and if you have ever played any mmo you will know that what the community considers the best class right now might possiblly become the worst class tomorrow. Pick a playstyle and stick with it ...

As for me my fav is the sniper =)

• 6 months later...
  • 7 months later...

From my perspective each class has positives and negatives. My favorite class in terms of story and theme is Trooper, but I dislike the way it actually was put together in terms of powers and abilities. Jedi Guardian is also a lot of fun, but has some other irritating design decisions (some of your most important abilities involve glowing in ridiculous fashion) as well as some fugly end game gear (and most of the cartel market gear isn't pretty for it either.)

Imperial Agent I love mechanically, but the story ties my stomach in knots and I never feel 'right' playing one. Sith Marauder and Jedi Sentinel are both boatloads of fun at least at the lower levels, but like the Guardian have some fugly gear choices and now the weird DBZ flaming effect when they've built up enough stacks of their inherent buff.

I haven't played the others far enough to judge; but from my experience every class has things I love about them and things that drive me nuts about them, and so it's impossible for me to say "This class is best for me."

I just got back into the game a few weeks ago and I went with the Juggernaut. I was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoy the play style, gear and story line. Not one regret so far. (my only gripe is that the companions are a little meh compared to the other classes)

My best class is shadow. I love tanking as one, and I love being able to solo a lot. And Tharan Cedrax is a double win, because, since he uses Holiday as an aoe sleep effect at lvl 35+, and she's onvolved in some conversations, it's like having two companions in one. However, as far as soloing, I've been able to solo a lot more with powertech, just because of the higher damage reduction.

This guys is clueless. The bounty hunter class can dps, tank or heal as well, but not in the same AC, none of them can. You have to choose either heal/dps or tank/dps. Plus any AC that can heal has a battle res. My thoughts are that he only has a sorc, and maybe looked at a jugg and merc without any knowledge of them or any other class.

There is much more context PvP, PvE and/or solo? Different classes excel in different areas.

I'm setting my choices based on how much fun I have playing each class, not how effective they are. I believe the best class is the one I have the most fun with! I haven't played every class so not everything is accounted for and I'm not differentiating by faction.

1. Gunslinger/Sniper - The most fun DPS class overall. Each spec is unique and a blast to play in PvE and PvP.
  2. Sage/Inquisitor - I solely heal and while that's nice, I like Sages for their utility. Rescue alone is what makes this one of the top classes to play. Still waiting for that Area Rescue so I can wreck havoc during Ops.
  3. Sentinel/Marauder - A blast in PvP and pretty nice in PvE. The amount of abilities this class has is fantastic, but the DPS trees it has don't feel great. Watchman is a bit boring, Combat feels clunky at times, and Focus is unwieldy in sustained PvE.
  4. Vanguard/Powertech - Tanking isn't difficult but satisfying nonetheless. Assault DPS is pretty basic for my interests, but Tactics is amazing! Tactics has one of the best, if not the best, DPS rotations in terms of feel for me. However, it still has its issues in many fights due to the reliance on Pulse Cannon. Tactics is good in theory for me but not great in practice.
  5. Scoundrel/Operative - DPS can be fun and healing is good, but nothing really stands out to me with this class. It's my favorite class to heal with during PvP, but PvE healing can get mundane with the Slow-release spam.
  6. Commando is only 30, Juggernaut only 14, and I haven't start a Shadow/Assassin yet. These are all not applicable at the moment.