What is the monolith?

LordRapheus

I have done the storyline on four out of eight of the character classes right up to the traitor missions, and I don't remember an explanation ever given as to what the monolith on the sanctuary deck of the Gravestone is. Anyone have an idea? Is it an artificial intelligence of Iokath origin?

I think it's cut content!:rak_02: Although Valkorion seemed to be attracted to it, and then Senya went there to sing. Voices came from there. seemed interesting, sad it didn't get used. Seems a lot more force related rather than Iokath's droids. Edited by Eshvara

It's a pity that they didn't went through with their original story plan. There are so many interesting things which were simply forgotten. The monolith is one of them.

Instead we got an operation that takes a year to be completed and which 97.5% of the player base are not interested in. And the 2.5% who are interested have been disappointed because of the long development time.

I will never understand how this scheme is better than the previous 1-chapter-a-month plan. A pity indeed.

It's a plothole.

Maybe in a year or two, Charles Boyd will come rolling in with a truck-load of nonsensical guff and fill it. :rolleyes:

There are so many holes in the story since Makeb/Oricon that its a wonder anything stays in.

IDK about anyone else, but when I started my writing career, I was told "Show not tell" - And that still holds true as much now as it ever did.

But yeah, Monolith. Thing on Gravestone and fearsome creature(s) on Ziost. - and droids on Iokath All under utilized IMHO. - Shame that all those brains couldn't come up with a different name for each.

:)

Edited by Storm-Cutter

I believe it's some kind of energy source.

The funny thing is that a few days ago I saw something similar in the game called "Agents Of Mayhem" : A spaceship or something like that fuelled by a giant crystal.

In Expandec Universe - now Legends - there was once a giant crystal on Yavin 4 which contained lots of souls of ... people. I think even Jedi and Sith alike.

Always reminded me of the Thought Bomb.

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

When it wasn't explained in KOTET I assumed that it was intended as a red herring to misdirect player expectations.

Admittedly, that's an awfully charitable theory that gives BW a lot more credit than their recent storytelling abilities deserve.