Force Barrier bugged?

Martyrofsand

So I'm trying to figure out how the heck Force Barrier is suppose to work. I read the tooltip and I see "this ability does not respect the global cooldown and can be used while controlled" and my initial response is awesome if I can CCed I should always be able to depend upon this spell either as a form of defense or even as a trinket in a pinch. Many times it's work exactly as it should, I can use in while CCed and have no issues. Other times this goes completely out the window. The ability will literally grey out denying me the ability to use it at all, I have plenty of force power to use it, it isn't on CD but it will not let me cast the ability.

Why am I able to use it during CC only part of the time, shouldn't I be able to use it during any CC and is there a specific type of CC that I should be looking out for that denies me the ability to use it? Is this just some type of bug I have to learn to live with?

So I'm trying to figure out how the heck Force Barrier is suppose to work. I read the tooltip and I see "this ability does not respect the global cooldown and can be used while controlled" and my initial response is awesome if I can CCed I should always be able to depend upon this spell either as a form of defense or even as a trinket in a pinch. Many times it's work exactly as it should, I can use in while CCed and have no issues. Other times this goes completely out the window. The ability will literally grey out denying me the ability to use it at all, I have plenty of force power to use it, it isn't on CD but it will not let me cast the ability.

Why am I able to use it during CC only part of the time, shouldn't I be able to use it during any CC and is there a specific type of CC that I should be looking out for that denies me the ability to use it? Is this just some type of bug I have to learn to live with?

There are some CCs in PvE that are not meant to be broken, neither with the stun-break ability nor with the force-barrier.

Yeah I found out about Electro Net and the hindered effect in a different post after I made this post...I hate that ability :(

For reference there is still a way to use Barrier (or any disabled ability) if you get an enet on you.

You stunbreak to remove the enet ability blocking and then you use Barrier (or whatever).

It's not free but if using the ability is really important there is a way.