The foundry advice, please

Hi all,

I would like to ask some advice of the forum.

I have just hit lvl 55 with my Juggernaut and have started the HK-51 series of quests and only have the part to obtain from the Foundry left to get. I have spent most of my time just doing missions and have only done two FP's (Black talon, and The fallen emperor) so far. I spend most of my time soloing due time constraints, as i can end up being afk a lot, so did not feel i could always fully commit to FP's.

Is it advisable to be totally kitted out in purple gear to run the hard mode foundry FP, or can this be run with adaptive gear/weapons fitted with lvl 53 or 55 armouring/mods and hilts.

Is it actually worth going through all this hassle to get HK-51? does he make much of a difference? or should I abort this until I can get better gear?

I don't want to waste my time, or that of anyone who ends up stuck with me in their group, hence me asking these questions.

I love playing this game, it's awesome, much better than WOW.

Thanks in advance for any advice you could give me.

Take care all

if you are 55 then you can get 58 purple gear from Makeb planetary vendor or got some 66 blue gear while running Makeb

that will be good for running 50HM flashpoints - they provide 61 loot so they are supposed to run with lower gear

but you'd better read tactics and hints before - it can be annoying wiping for a group because of lack of expirience :-)

HK-51 makes a lot of difference, at least for me. I unlock him with cartel coins on all of my characters. When I hit 50 I have a well geared companion with 15k health to take down the final class missions. So yes its worth it. Cause trust your other companions will lack gear at that point.

I've not done the Foundry in hard mode, but the Republic equivalent with a friend and our companions. It was very very hard just equipped with Makeb's purple mods (20k health and so.) To get significant better gear you'll have to run a lot of dailies or spend credits in the GTN.

If you're not familiar with the layout, you might want to run first in story mode while reading a guide to anticipate the possible troubles. Also scout the hard mode alone, to see up to where you can go. If you find a group, announce your time is limited and you'll want to rush for the droid part and have checked the tactics. Flashpoints run shouldn't last more than 30 minutes with a fast group. More if accidents...

Edited by Nkya

You talking solo or with a group? Foundry is one of the game's original FPs and is therefore tuned for fresh 50s with a mix of 50 lvl purple gear and whatever you leveled with.

It's a challenge for anybody on solo but not too bad if you're in a group.

The gear you can get via comms from the Makeb vendor is more than enough to run the FP with a group, as long as everyone sort of knows what they're doing. I would suggest reading up on the boss tactics beforehand, though.

I do think HK51 is worth it, yes. He does great damage! And I did miss my snarky, murderous droid from KOTOR I&II, so if you've played that... he'll be a nice substitute. "Target locked... Death imminent." :p

Thanks for the advice everyone.

I was hoping to solo it, but will think twice about that now. I just ran the normal version solo to get my bearings. I will go to makeb first and up my commendations, so i can get some better mods/armouing, Before trying the hard mode.

Hopefully when I try the group finder, i will find a decent group of people, not a bunch of keyboard warriors.

Take care all and thanks again.