Please reduce huttball pop rate.

Going

Can the rate at which huttball modes pop be reduced? It's driving me insane. :(

In one hour of play, I've had 4 in a row.

edit ...5

2nd edit......would of been 6 but i left the match.

Edited by Going

edit ...5

Yep, as I reported after doing my own testing months ago, combined Hutt Ball type maps dominate the pop with over 40% of your match pops.

Tis needs to be fixed.

The only solution I’ve been able to come up with is group all Hutt Ball maps as one type because there are 3/9 Hutt Ball maps

The way it would work is the queue pops “Hutt Ball” and then rolls the dice again to decide which Hutt Ball map to give you.

This reduces Hutt Ball back to a 1/7 chance and not a 3/9 chance.

No.

I enjoy huttball, its a unique game mode compared to other objective-based pvp I've done in other games, including SWG. Compared to arenas, quite frankly, if it came down to huttball or arenas, I'd gladly take huttball all the time if it meant I'd never have to do an arena again. In fact, I think they've already lowered the chance once when they released Vandin. (EDIT: obviously after the initial weeks of it being favored)

But the point is that everyone has maps/modes they love, like, are neutral about, dislike, hate, and everything in between. My dislike of arenas is no more of a justification or reason to delete them from the unranked pool than someone else's dislike of huttball, or any other map/mode.

Edited by phalczen

No.

I enjoy huttball, its a unique game mode compared to other objective-based pvp I've done in other games, including SWG. Compared to arenas, quite frankly, if it came down to huttball or arenas, I'd gladly take huttball all the time if it meant I'd never have to do an arena again. In fact, I think they've already lowered the chance once when they released Vandin. But you're right, we all have our preferences, and that's fine.

But the point is that everyone has maps/modes they love, like, are neutral about, dislike, hate, and everything in between. My dislike of arenas is no more of a justification or reason to delete them from the unranked pool than someone else's dislike of huttball, or any other map/mode.

That's exactly how I feel about 4 vs 4/ arenas, I'd [vastly] rather always do 4 vs 4. The longer the warzones are drawn out, the more cr@p that tends to be played out with it, with the Napeleons Jrs - it's more of a nuisance, and 4 vs 4 feels a lot more focused.) Also, it's easier for smaller guilds to get a group of 4 for ranked, rather than 8 (as ranked is pretty underutilized.)

Edited by Willjb

No.

I enjoy huttball, its a unique game mode compared to other objective-based pvp I've done in other games, including SWG. Compared to arenas, quite frankly, if it came down to huttball or arenas, I'd gladly take huttball all the time if it meant I'd never have to do an arena again. In fact, I think they've already lowered the chance once when they released Vandin. (EDIT: obviously after the initial weeks of it being favored)

But you have to admit that HB is over represented as far as maps go. 3 out of 9 are Hutt Ball, which is a third of all maps.

While you might love HB, the same as I used to, many, many players hate it or are starting to hate it because it pops more than 33% of the time, it’s more like 40% of the time.

The other problem is Hutt Ball has the worst dysnc in the game, which can make it unplayable at times and is only getting worse when they add any new content into the game. It doesn’t even need to be related to pvp.

And let’s not forget the multitude of bugs that keep creeping into the maps, with Vandin and Quesh being the worst.

So when people constantly get broken HB maps with too much dysnc, they get angry and leave or they just don’t try to play the match properly

All of those reasons are why Hutt Ball needs to have the percent of pops reduced so it’s once again 1/7 pops and not 3/9 pops.

No.

I have to agree with the other posters, they're right, huttball pops way to much and its pop rate really needs to be reduced.

Huttball and arenas have the fastest completion times as it is on a fast timer compared to other WZ. Some players including myself just want to queue and get the daily/weekly done quickly and efficiently for conquest etc. Fastest matches also = faster rewards earned end of match which is a good thing. Edited by Visorknight

edit ...5

DEFINITELY.

And remove Quesh completely if possible, it is completely useless.

They need to make another huttball map based on grappling hooks. Imagine how much fun it would be if the "arena" were only 9 or 12 broken platforms distributed around, and to get from one to the other you'd need grappling hooks. The ball could spawn in any of 4 or 5 different places.

Another idea would be a verticle tower-style huttball where there would be nothing but two winding staircases around a central pillar. Getting up or down would mean finding the right staircase and fighting through the mob. 1 team's goal at the top, and the one at the bottom.

P.S. - I hate huttball these days. Nerf it to 1/10 pops.

They need to make another huttball map based on grappling hooks. Imagine how much fun it would be if the "arena" were only 9 or 12 broken platforms distributed around, and to get from one to the other you'd need grappling hooks. The ball could spawn in any of 4 or 5 different places.

Another idea would be a verticle tower-style huttball where there would be nothing but two winding staircases around a central pillar. Getting up or down would mean finding the right staircase and fighting through the mob. 1 team's goal at the top, and the one at the bottom.

P.S. - I hate huttball these days. Nerf it to 1/10 pops.

I know you are being sarcastic, but please don’t even joke about it because it might give them ideas :eek:

• 2 weeks later...
reduce Huttball pop rate to zero.............

Correction, reimburse me for all the countless trashy hours of huttball pops I've had to endure since beta testing.

EA, you owe me 39797832987329872398237 valuable seconds of sanity.

Instead of making more Huttball maps, make more maps like Novare Coast.

I said it before and I will say it again.....Huttball is the best warzone in the game! I enjoyed the frequent pops last week for example, but Vanden didnt pop at all.

Each to their own. I use to feel the same about HB till Vandin came along. Now, my personal tracking shows that HB style of play pops nearly 40% of the time and that’s even more than what it should probably average out at 33%.

30-40% of one style of play is too much, even for many people who like HB it becomes like ground hog day.

I don’t want HB removed. I just want the pops to be inline with the rest of the play types.

But one thing that makes HB pops worse is people refuse to play it properly. Which is a total waste of my time and anyone else who might enjoy HB when played properly. It’s frustrating as hell.

I don’t mind carrying a HB team if I get some support. But I quit if I’m the only person on my team trying against a team that has 3-5 players trying to play properly. It’s pointless.

When I requeue and pop another HB and it’s the same and I have to rinse and repeat 5 times, my hate for HB pops grow. I’m sure I’m not alone.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

pop hb played (x3), pop hb left (x4), swap to another toon, pop hb played (x2), pop hb (x4) left... swap toon and pop... hb x6 in a row... ... ... close the game and going about other stuff...

this has been my routine for past couple of days during prime time. learning to log in during very off time to get a few arena or something else. I cant take this constant hb pops anymore. but not much we can do if devs doesn't respond ...

• 3 months later...