After maxing out my crafting at Level 50, I can tell you its worthless...

Sevenpifers

So.. Wait. I don't get it.

You don't want to Raid to get gear on par with raiders.

You don't want to PVP to get gear on par with PVPers.

But you do want your crafting gear to be on part with Raiders..?

So, you're saying, you don't want to work for your gear. You just want to craft the greatest and the best without working as hard as the raiders and pvpers.

Sums it up.

It's pretty obvious you have to raid to get the raid materials and the raid schematics.

Raiders have to raid to get gear.

PVPers have to pvp to get gear.

Crafters can craft to get gear.

Or even more advanced for your brains:

Raiders who craft can raid for better crafted raiding gear.

---

FYI, this isn't SWG. This is SWTOR.

Enlighten me if I get it wrong because I'm just seeing a bunch of QQing.

Okl, I will enlighten you. You got it wrong. The OP is not saying he wants raid quality gear wihout raiding. He is saying he doesn't get raid quality gear after he has raided.

There you go...you are now enlightened.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If crafting gear was as good as or better then raid gear, then why would anyone raid for raid gear? Oh wait, BW made it so that you had to raid to obtain the mats to create gear that compares, closely, to raid gear..

You guys realize that the games only been live for 5 days now right? They'll be adding more content and items soon enough. Like next month.

You have missed the point of this post entirely.

no it does not. 10+ hours of raiding is your preference. it does not surpass the preference of someone who is 'sitting' at the fleet 'sending companions' to crafting missions.

the fact that you see 'sitting at the fleet', crafting as something 'less worthy' is a pointer in itself. i, personally, see raiding as an utter idiocy - you rendezvous with 19 other people on a certain date and hour, you indenture yourself to mashing keys for 4+ hours, you cant even stand up and easily go to the loo whenever you need it, and in the end something with 1% chance may or may not drop - something which will make your gear progress 0.1% or so - of course, that is if you actually have the right to loot it in dkp. ah, also this is probably the 5th or 8th run of that particular raid.

its silly. and utter waste of time. it is definitely not a 'game'.

but this is a GAME. its not work/job. there is no other way of seeing this.

noone's fun has to be get hampered due to your personal preferences.

THIS x1000000 well said!.

no it does not. 10+ hours of raiding is your preference. it does not surpass the preference of someone who is 'sitting' at the fleet 'sending companions' to crafting missions.

the fact that you see 'sitting at the fleet', crafting as something 'less worthy' is a pointer in itself. i, personally, see raiding as an utter idiocy - you rendezvous with 19 other people on a certain date and hour, you indenture yourself to mashing keys for 4+ hours, you cant even stand up and easily go to the loo whenever you need it, and in the end something with 1% chance may or may not drop - something which will make your gear progress 0.1% or so - of course, that is if you actually have the right to loot it in dkp. ah, also this is probably the 5th or 8th run of that particular raid.

its silly. and utter waste of time. it is definitely not a 'game'.

but this is a GAME. its not work/job. there is no other way of seeing this.

noone's fun has to be get hampered due to your personal preferences.

Except that you assume that gear and reward don't factor into his enjoyment of raiding. People often engage in activities and enjoy them in large part because of the reward. If you make it so that it is blattently idiotic for me to raid because I could spend the same 8 hours that get me a 1% chance to upgrade a given piece of gear and get a 100% chance, my past-time that I enjoy is now hampered because it is empirically stupid to participate in it. Will I still complete Operations? You bet. Once. Which means that in order to keep me and my friends engaged in their game, Bioware has to churn out a new Operation within 4-6 weeks of my friends and I completing the last one.

I'm not saying that the mats and patterns should be BOP and restricted to only raiders, but allowing crafted gear to supersede dropped gear would be the height of foolishness for Bioware. As long as the casual player can make gear that is almost as good as raid gear, they're not going to quit the game because the raiders have +15 more endurance, or willpower, or whatever. Raiders, on the other hand, will drop like flies if they just need to level crafting and be done with it.

I don't really understand the complaint. If you don't want to raid for materials, and you don't want to pvp for pvp gear, what do you want to do to get the materials for the highest level crafting schematics?

If materials were so easy that you could just go farm them solo, it would overshadow gear obtained through group play. And if you don't want to do any group play, why do you need the gear in the first place?

I'm all for there being crafting schematics that are equal to, or slightly outshine, operation gear. But be realistic; if the gear is going to be that good, you're going to have to put in a similar amount of work to attain the materials for them.

The complaint is, plain and simple, that craft gear is INFERIOR to raid/daily gear, EVEN WITH RAID COMPONENTS.

I was hoping that armormechs could at least sell orange armor shells and players would be able to take their mods out of that (horrific-looking) champ/centurion/etc. gear and have the look that htey want... they can't even do that.

The reason alot of us armormechs want to be able to craft top gear is to have a wide variety of looks. In fact, I thought that was the point of orange armor. Now, idk.

I was hoping that armormechs could at least sell orange armor shells and players would be able to take their mods out of that (horrific-looking) champ/centurion/etc. gear and have the look that htey want... they can't even do that.

How come ? Is there a confirmation that set bonuses are not bound to mods ? Because if they are orange gear = raid gear when slotted with raid mods/enhants.

What makes it foolish?

As I put it later in the post, if I can craft the best gear in the game without setting foot in Operations, I (and many of the people I play with) will only run an Operation to completion once. Then many of us will cancel our subs until the next Operation is released. This isn't intended to threaten Bioware, but simply a fact. What keeps many of us involved in the game is the "lotto" for BiS gear that involves raiding. Without it, once we have conquered the challenge of a given boss, there is no desire to repeat the experience.

What makes it foolish is that Bioware wants to keep players engaged in the game for the long-term. This means making as many facets of the game compelling as possible. Making it possible to gear my alternate characters up to near-raid level or Heroic level gearing through crafting is plenty of incentive. As long as the difference between raid gear and top end crafted gear is not astronomical, I'd rather crafter gear be slightly inferior. This is due to the "reliability" of crafted gear. Once a crafter can make crafted gear, it can be "reliably" created on demand. Raid gear is a crapshoot. Every time you defeat an encounter there is a chance that the item you want will be looted. The reliability already makes the crafted gear more attractive and many Operations participants will have gotten the crafted gear in order to optimize themselves for the Operation. What is really a bigger problem (as others have repeatedly pointed out) is that crafted gear isn't even competitive with quest, commendation, and PvP gear. This means nobody is going to the trouble of making crafted gear when they can just do a couple days worth of dailies to grab a better mod, piece of gear, etc. Or playing some PvP and getting better gear, even with the loss of itemization through Expertise.