For DPS's, the FOH wait time too long!

I just recently got my Commando to level 55 and I wanna do some damn Flashpoints and Operations...but...IT TAKES TO DAMN LONG TO PUT ME IN ONE!. I really don't understand why the wait time is so...DAMN...LONG!?. Its shorter for heals...but for DPS?, its like a freaking 4 to 5 min wait!. In my view...DPS is a LOT more important than heals, because DPS...comes 1st...Tanks come 2nd and Heals come last!. Heals don't do the damage, they support!. Tanks don't do the damage, the absorb the damage!. DPS...DO THE DAMAGE!.

Here is some teaching from me!;

Heals: A much harder class to learn because there are lots of healing abilities involved...that are used to keep your fellow allies alive during hard times, and if you use the wrong healing ability...it would cost you your allies life!.

Tanks: I have none for this one, but I will soon!.

You got it all wrong. DPS is the lowest of the three because it takes the least amount of skill and knowledge to execute. Big flashy numbers do not mean you're the most important role. :rolleyes: Heals come second with tanking being the most engaging and the role with most responsibility.

Now settle down a bit and enjoy your 5 minute wait times for GF to pop. I wait 20+ minutes with my sentinel and that' during peak hours on the server.

:confused:

I suppose (hope) this is completly ironic otherwise i wonder how such a dumb one handles it to breathe and walk at the same time.

Roll Tank , and try to get to lvl 20 via Instances without ragequitting a single time, then come back and read this again, turn red & appologize.

5 min waiting time as a Dd is a dream, with such an attitude you deserve a waiting time of 5 hours.

Edited by Woebearer

Atleast it's a hilarious read.

You got it all wrong. DPS is the lowest of the three because it takes the least amount of skill and knowledge to execute. Big flashy numbers do not mean you're the most important role. :rolleyes: Heals come second with tanking being the most engaging and the role with most responsibility.

Now settle down a bit and enjoy your 5 minute wait times for GF to pop. I wait 20+ minutes with my sentinel and that' during peak hours on the server.

Honestly, guess you're one of those Tanks or Healers that enjoys feeling important? A good DPS is like a blessing from heaven and makes a healer or tanks job so much easier. Well let me correct that, it makes a healers job easier, for Tanks it's the other way around, a braindead DPS makes our lives so much harder. I personally very much enjoy the moments I get around one, it's very noticeble. It's quite off-topic since it doesn't relate to queue-times, but wanted it of my chest nonetheless.

I just recently got my Commando to level 55 and I wanna do some damn Flashpoints and Operations...but...IT TAKES TO DAMN LONG TO PUT ME IN ONE!.

In my view...DPS is a LOT more important than heals, because DPS...comes 1st...Tanks come 2nd and Heals come last!. Heals don't do the damage, they support!. Tanks don't do the damage, the absorb the damage!. DPS...DO THE DAMAGE!.

Heals: A much harder class to learn because there are lots of healing abilities involved...that are used to keep your fellow allies alive during hard times, and if you use the wrong healing ability...it would cost you your allies life!.

I think I understand why it takes you longer than usual to find a group HMFP/Ops- chances are you made it to the "ignore" list of a lot of tanks/healers.

All three roles play an equal and interdependent role in this game. Without Tank healers and DPS will cop too much flak, rendering the fight moot,. a tank's job is to make sure the 5k hits the boss is about to draw only lands on him and not healers/DPS (if he can help it).

Without Healers, the trash mobs alone will ensure a swift and painful death. along with a lovely repair bill.

Without DPS, Tanks will will not be able to beat enrage timers. A healer can only heal so much when you're taking 200% damage.

Now if you feel that what I have stated above is factually incorrect (i.e. the Trinity is an outdated game mechanic), please take a group through HM Mando Raiders with no tank in the group and let us know how you feel after facing Braxx and his pooches. if you want another, more worthy Challenge - HM Czerka Corporate labs without a tank.

I just recently got my Commando to level 55 and I wanna do some damn Flashpoints and Operations...but...IT TAKES TO DAMN LONG TO PUT ME IN ONE!. I really don't understand why the wait time is so...DAMN...LONG!?. Its shorter for heals...but for DPS?, its like a freaking 4 to 5 min wait!. In my view...DPS is a LOT more important than heals, because DPS...comes 1st...Tanks come 2nd and Heals come last!. Heals don't do the damage, they support!. Tanks don't do the damage, the absorb the damage!. DPS...DO THE DAMAGE!.

The reason queues are so much shorter for healers and tanks is because there are less of them. Why? Because the jobs come with responsibility, which is something most people are too lazy or too afraid to take on.

DPS has the longest queues because there are WAY WAY WAY more of them. It's purely a numbers game. There's more DPS in the queue so they have to wait longer.

You don't like it? Make a healer or a tank and be part of the solution instead of part of the problem.

all 3 roles are equally important, that´s why it´s called a trinity. and I disagree saying DPS is the easiest one to do, same as tanks and healers, it´s easy to be an ok dps but it takes knowledge of rotation and timing to make a good dps. And with good dps in a lot of fps you can actually survive and kill bosses if the tank accidentally died. Plus dps´s job is not only stay there making damage, you have to know which mob to attack to reduce the tank´s burden, I´ve seen 2 dps attacks 2 different elite mobs, none is the one tank is focusing on, resulting in tank losing aggro here and there. Also, dps needs to care about healers when tank loses aggro, you are the one should be hit not the healer. so in all, all 3 roles are important and take practise to be good.

I assumed that the OP was just trolling, but given that he's got just 4 posts total and all seem equally clueless, I think he's for real.... :eek:

nah, he's trolling allright... but i'm playing along, this forum can be sometimes too serious and boring :D

Edited by wainot-keel

all 3 roles are equally important, that´s why it´s called a trinity.

Actually, it's called a trinity because it consists of three roles.

And the dps is the least important of those three roles because it's much easier to recover from a loss of one, even two, derpiesses than it is to recover from a loss of a tank or a healer. As far as rotations are concerned, I don't give them much weight in deciding the quality of a dps. I mean, you can have the most perfect rotation in the world but if you're standing in aoe stressing the healer, if you're not interrupting that enemy heal or if you're ignoring target priority - you're still a bad dps.

The dummy doesn't fight back. That's why it's called a dummy.

I don't agree with either. I think with the new ops, all 3 roles are vital and collaboration among roles is maxed out. If you don't DPS well enough, you all die (when boss enrages). If you don't cleanse and heal well enough, you all die. If you don't hold aggro and mitigate damage well enough, you all die.

But, more to the point, why not do something else while you wait in GF? Do a daily or do some crafting. 5-minutes is nothing.

And I was speaking in general. As far as the ops are concerned, enrage timers and scripted mechanics are the lowest form of making content challenging to beat.

They could add random one-shots and a lot more knockbacks that would make things interesting ;)

DPS aren't any less important than tanks or heals, there are just much more so you can easily replace a bad DPS, what IMO leads to the prejudice about them being not as important as the other roles.

Edited by Never_Hesitate
better sentence

Who said dps wasn't important? :confused:

And no, instagibs and knockbacks would not make things interesting. What would make things interesting are completely new mechanics and design approach.

Edited by slafko

Who said dps wasn't important? :confused:

I rewrote it to better reflect what I meant

And no, instagibs and knockbacks would not make things interesting. What would make things interesting are completely new mechanics and design approach.

:eek: What they wouldn't? :eek::rolleyes:

What would be the difference between "completely new mechanics" and "scripted mechanics"?

They would still be scripted even if they implemented completely new mechanics.

Edited by Never_Hesitate