Force Charge/Leap

Psychevore

I absolutely don't get this. I don't know if this is bugged or intentional and if it's intentional...Why?

As an Immortal Juggernaut, I tank frequently. Mobility is extremely important for that since I'm melee, I need to be able to quickly get to enemies attacking my friends, or use it to put myself back into play after being knocked away or dodging an aoe.

Now, Force Charge/Leap is on a charge system. Default is 1 charge, once you use it, you have to wait. How long? Well, my Force Charge says its cooldown is 15 seconds...Okay, that's fair. BUT WHY DOES IT TAKE 20 (TWENTY) SECONDS FOR THE CHARGE TO RECHARGE?

All in all, this by itself is a change I could live with. Provided the utilities work.

There are two utilities specific to force charge/leap. One lowers its cooldown by 1 second every time you get hit per 1.5 seconds. The other utility fully recharges force charge. enrage and saber throw when you exit combat.

Guess what?

Neither of these utilities work with the new Force Charge/Leap. I tested it constantly, on a Guardian and a Juggernaut and nada.

This completely and absolutely ruins the flow of combat for me and has severely impacted my enjoyment of the game. So can someone please tell me how this is supposed to be? Cause either the utilities are bugged, or they're working as they should and the class just now has two absoltuely pointless utilities that should have been altered and/or removed with 6.0.

I have noticed this as well. I’m hoping none of this was intentional, which I’m hoping it gets fixed soon. The tooltips still claim to function as per usual, but obviously it doesn’t. Utilities not working properly, force push doesn’t reset the cool down of force charge, though it still claims it should. not having the utilities working for guardian really screws up game play. It’s lack is really noticeable in pvp.

-Eric please fix this

I absolutely don't get this. I don't know if this is bugged or intentional and if it's intentional...Why?

As an Immortal Juggernaut, I tank frequently. Mobility is extremely important for that since I'm melee, I need to be able to quickly get to enemies attacking my friends, or use it to put myself back into play after being knocked away or dodging an aoe.

Now, Force Charge/Leap is on a charge system. Default is 1 charge, once you use it, you have to wait. How long? Well, my Force Charge says its cooldown is 15 seconds...Okay, that's fair. BUT WHY DOES IT TAKE 20 (TWENTY) SECONDS FOR THE CHARGE TO RECHARGE?

All in all, this by itself is a change I could live with. Provided the utilities work.

There are two utilities specific to force charge/leap. One lowers its cooldown by 1 second every time you get hit per 1.5 seconds. The other utility fully recharges force charge. enrage and saber throw when you exit combat.

Guess what?

Neither of these utilities work with the new Force Charge/Leap. I tested it constantly, on a Guardian and a Juggernaut and nada.

This completely and absolutely ruins the flow of combat for me and has severely impacted my enjoyment of the game. So can someone please tell me how this is supposed to be? Cause either the utilities are bugged, or they're working as they should and the class just now has two absoltuely pointless utilities that should have been altered and/or removed with 6.0.

Lets us not also forget the baseline ability, Force Push, which also reset the cooldown of Force Leap, but also doesn't work now, as you can push the opponent away, but now have to run to them, to close the gap, due to the charge system.

What I think they should do, is give those abilities and utilities that work with lowering cooldown of it, a way to also give a charge, or simply just remove the cooldown all together, and say that Force Push and such gives a charge instead of removing the cooldown

Just watched some reviews of the class back from september pts, and there force charge was working normally no stupid "mechanic" like now.

Its a direct nerf to mobility,no idea why, previously that was one of the reasons im kinda liked juggernaut/guardian more that sentinel/marauder because of faster cooldown on force charge(mara still has predation and force cloak).

Not to mention like you guys sad previously force push isnt remove cooldown, "warmonger" utility as well as out of combat one are useless now. How can be this overlooked during testing is complete mystery.

Same here.

Moreover, since there are many sinergies with utilities using Force Charge/leap (at least 5 utilities around this ability and other ones), it is particularly annoying to make a build that's supposed to be a mobile and reactive one and to feel like an arthritic jedi/sith.

Regards :)

OM*G I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE THAT NOTICE THIS BS. ITS KILLING MY STYLE OF PLAY. EVEN ON MY MARAUDER WITH INTERLOPER UTILITY I HAVE TO WAIT FOR THE ABILITY TO CHARGE AGAIN EVEN THOUGH IT SAYS I CAN USE FORCE CHARGE AGAIN WITHIN 7.5 SECONDS. W*H MAN :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: Edited by Lt-Snake

I truly believe this is just an oversight. Usually, they would at least change the tool tips if this change was intentional. That being said, everyone needs to make sure they submit a big ticket in game, if they haven’t already.

This is my feeling too. I was suggesting that having so many sinergies between utilities and abilities around Force Charge/Leap could not, to my mind, let this kind of changes undocumented.

Edited by Kurton

99% sure that this issue was not there on the PTS. Something must have gotten messed up in moving the patch to prod.

That said, please fix this quickly. This is absolutely maddening and really breaks the flow of gameplay for these classes.

I wonder if they'll just ending up coding it as "push grants a leap charge", with you ending up with 2 leap charges if leap was already off CD. Prob not though, unless you take the Nimble Master double leap set bonus.

Idk how they're going to change the mara interloper/intercessor talent code (not that it's worth taking compared to other things). It doesn't fit in with the charge system at all. They may have to be lazy and just duplicate the Nimble Master set bonus for it, giving you 3 leap charges if you take both.

Also hopefully they can correctly code the Warmonger/Battlefield Command jug talent to speed up the recharging of a leap charge when hit. It currently does absolutely nothing.

It has to be a bug. The Shadow skill Shadow Stride has one charge..but having the Utility that allows it to be used again if you defeat the mob it was used on within its time limit instantly recharges it and things work as they did before. I suspect it will be fixed. I have not checked on the scoundrel/operative version yet.

It has to be a bug. The Shadow skill Shadow Stride has one charge..but having the Utility that allows it to be used again if you defeat the mob it was used on within its time limit instantly recharges it and things work as they did before. I suspect it will be fixed. I have not checked on the scoundrel/operative version yet.

Yes, I agree. Phantom Stride resets work correctly, but the variety of things that are supposed to reset the CD on Force Charge/Leap don't (Push, Preparation, etc.). Seems pretty straightforwardly bugged.

I also agree that this is probably a mistake, oversight, bug, etc. However, each day they don't release a hotfix and I can't really play my character because my entire combat flow is messed up is another day I'm losing sub time and questioning why I'm even paying for this game any how.

I also noticed that Force Push no longer removes the cooldown on Force charge. I used to love pushing them away and leaping again.

I noticed this too. The tooltip still says it's supposed to reset, so it might be a bug.

It's especially bad in PvP, where you use force push as a stun of sorts and charge back to the target with the reset. Now using force push is just screwing yourself over cause you gonna have to walk up to the target.

Edited by Nemmar

99% sure that this issue was not there on the PTS. Something must have gotten messed up in moving the patch to prod.

That said, please fix this quickly. This is absolutely maddening and really breaks the flow of gameplay for these classes.

On the pts the bug was there but only if you equipped the set bonus that gives you two charges, I reported it two weeks before the expansion came out but I guess it was not a priority.