SURVEY of Rated WZ team composition

funkiestj

Can I be an internet hero too? I wish I was cool enough to be on pot5... Oh wait, I was. And then got bored and left because there was nothing resembling skill while I was there. Dang, this is fun, no wonder ya'll do it.

And for the record, we deal with it just fine when we have to.

Lol yeah yet you're holding hands and not using legit game mechanics to play with against because it's too hard.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol yeah yet you're holding hands and not using legit game mechanics to play with against because it's too hard.

9/10 of our games are played "the way it's meant to be played" if you really want to call it that. So we deal. Doesn't mean we like to, but we deal. I don't believe for one second that you actually enjoy bubblestun either. So make fun of us more internet hero. Come on now. You've got to do better than that if you want to survive on these forums.

9/10 of our games are played "the way it's meant to be played" if you really want to call it that. So we deal. Doesn't mean we like to, but we deal. I don't believe for one second that you actually enjoy bubblestun either. So make fun of us more internet hero. Come on now. You've got to do better than that if you want to survive on these forums.

Then why cry about it and try to not use it if you just do it anyways?

Who does like bubble stun against them?

And yeah I'm making fun of you for being carebears. Problem? Seriously to boycott something that is "op'ed" like that makes you look so bad.

And yeah I'm making fun of you for being carebears. Problem? Seriously to boycott something that is "op'ed" like that makes you look so bad.

Sorry brospeh, I just had to take the opportunity to laugh at you. 90% of our games on the Bastion are played w/ smash and bubble stun. It definitely isn't 'carebear' if both teams are doing it.

TBH I think you're just mad because you don't know how to play annihlation/carnage.

Who's crying? I only see people stating that we avoid it when its possible. We actually like competition in our pvp. If a guild is trying to queue but doesn't have the ideal comp available, then the other team adjusts too. My guild sometimes has troubles finding a marauder (of all things lol) to play carnage, so our opponent usually agrees to play without a carnage mara as well. We already know where each guild stands on our server, nobody needs to prove anything anymore. So rather than just have the same teams faceroll the same teams, we mix it up for competition, so that everyone can improve and thus raise the competition even higher. I guess pot5 doesn't want actual competition, you guys seem perfectly happy to slam the same teams into the dirt and not prove anything. Fine by me.

Honestly Xerain, you were one of the last people I was expecting to have to discuss this with, your posts are usually more constructive. But I've devoted far more time to pot5 internet heroes today than they deserve, so I'm done. Have fun being uber 1337, I don't really care at all.

Healer 1: Sorc, cheesebubble spec

Healer 2: Op, energy spec (med/leth hybrid)

Tank: Sin, high endo dps gear w/shield

Dps 1: Mara, carnage spec for faster pred

Dps 2: Mara, anni spec for free group heals

Dps 3: Jug, smash spec mainly for taunts/intercede

Dps 4: PT, pyro spec

Dps 5: whatever, preferrably something with taunt or another mara

You almost can't have too many maras because even if they're not the best dps to have in every situation, they're still competitive and bloodthirst having more uptime, not to mention the other two group effects, more than makes up for any deficiencies.

I never claimed to be great. You did that for me. Thank you for the compliment sir.

You just descended to common troll level.

We've been having this discussion months ago, you're saying nothing new, nor are you answering to any of the arguments stated earlier in this thread.

On the Red Eclipse server we went from 2 or maybe 3 ranked teams to 15 to 20 teams.

Maybe you're just jealous.

Comp 1

Healer 1: sorc(bubble)

Healer 2: operative

Tank: jugg

Node guard: assassin

DPS 1: carnage mara

DPS 2: smash jugg(hutball who doesn't love 2 tanks?)

DPS 3: pyro pt

DPS 4: Sniper(Imo need to have this forces people to over extend, can break bubbles, and provides a lot of AoE in a variety of wzs makes it a lot easier)

Comp 2

Healer 1: Operative

Healer 2: Operative/sorc

Node guard: assassin

DPS 1: jugg tank hybrid

DPS 2: mara(carnage/smash)

DPS 3: mara(carnage/smash)

DPS 4: PT pyro

DPS 5: sniper

Comp 3

Healer 1: Operative

Healer 2: Operative/mercenary

Healer 3: Sorc(bubble or AoE)

node guard: assassin

DPS 1: carnage mara

DPS 2: jugg smash

DPS 3: sniper

DPS 4: PT(pyro, possibly AP)

i like how every thread regarding RWZ eventually degrades into a pissing contest

Truth!

ON TOPIC: This weekend I will tabulate the responses to date and follow up with the results. Thanks for all the responses.

TANGENT: thanks to the people who attacked me on the PvP gree/ilum daily. I didn't seen any DMV lines today. GG community! I would have been disappointed if it was too easy.

Edited by funkiestj

It's only the top teams on the bastion who have done this no smash/bubble stun agreement. The guilds that we have done this with (Synergy) is: Don't Panic, Hey im mvp, strictly business, and nothing personal.

To be very fair, the other guilds that queue when the aforementioned listed guilds queue, dont really have much of a chance in the games. Regardless, since its a small rated community, 99 percent of the time, everyone on the teams know if its one of the other "agreed on" teams in the game.queue, based off of being in each others voicechats and streams. Or even just /waving once thegame starts. For example, we were queueing against one of the aforementioned teams with no bubble stun. It took us only a few seconds to realize we were fighting some other random guild, and our team had the option of respecing right away.

It's only the top teams on the bastion who have done this no smash/bubble stun agreement. The guilds that we have done this with (Synergy) is: Don't Panic, Hey im mvp, strictly business, and nothing personal.

To be very fair, the other guilds that queue when the aforementioned listed guilds queue, dont really have much of a chance in the games. Regardless, since its a small rated community, 99 percent of the time, everyone on the teams know if its one of the other "agreed on" teams in the game.queue, based off of being in each others voice chats and streams. Or even just /waving once the game starts. For example, we were queueing against one of the aforementioned teams with no bubble stun. It took us only a few seconds to realize we were fighting some other random guild, and our team had the option of respecing right away.

That sounds all fine and dandy on a "respecting other peoples guilds and their skills", but no guild owes another guild leniency.

I have a problem with making excuses for another guild, and if my guild wants to roll lets say a smash or bubble I wouldn't and I shouldn't feel sorry for another guild if they are not as gifted as my guild with it.

It sounds little too smoochy and lovey dovey for my blood, I am not a fan of bending my tradition of kicking every guilds butt the way I see fit and agreeing to settle down on skills the game has so that the other guild don't cry about it.

More power to ya if that is what you guys do.

Edited by Caeliux

With smash and bubble stun

1 sage healer bubble stun

1 op healer

1 tank guardian

1 shadow

1 smasher

1 combat sentinel in hutball or smasher in rest

1 assault van

1 more smasher or assault van

fortunately on my server we have a no bubble stun/limited number of smashers and pyros agreement. As such typical composition is:

1 op healer

1 sage healer (no bubble stun) or op healer

1 tank guardian

1 shadow

1 combat sentinel

1 smasher

1 assault van

1 good player, class irrelevant; typically though a tank/dps hybrid is preffered

Edited by MusicRider

On the Red Eclipse server we went from 2 or maybe 3 ranked teams to 15 to 20 teams.

^ This. Constant Ranked pops each night. Constant communication between teams and a lot of mutual respect including helping new teams find their feet/learn without getting 4xSmash 1xBubblepop to the face. It may be what some consider "carebear" but it's kept the Ranked community alive on the Red Eclipse.

should b able to deal with bubble stun on a rated team to the point where it's not too annoying no? :)

I think the point is that whilst all the rated people posting in this thread CAN deal with smashers and bubbles, the games are more fun if both sides avoid using them. Since we all play the game for fun, coming to a mutual agreement with the opposition that increases everybodies enjoyment factor seems sensible.

I think the point is that whilst all the rated people posting in this thread CAN deal with smashers and bubbles, the games are more fun if both sides avoid using them. Since we all play the game for fun, coming to a mutual agreement with the opposition that increases everybodies enjoyment factor seems sensible.

Indeed. It also means a more varied selection of classes being brought to the table :)

If teams try to innovate and break the meta...ignoring the established standard they will find that what they thought wasn't viable might not be so bad after all...

True that... I've been wanting to play around with some different set ups and some are up for it and some aren't. We have some players who are I think afraid to break away from the norm because they have the mentality of "if it ain't broke don't fix it". Personally I would like to try more unorthodox set ups just for the sake of experimenting.

I'd love to run 3 snipers against Synergy and their smash heavy teams. I like the idea of 2 assassins now. We've tried a 3 healer team with 1 tank against Synergy and that went pretty well.

Def would want to experiment more but hard to break people away from the norm, especially when good guilds like you guys and Synergy are q'ing. People are afraid to take a loss, or go against the better guilds for the sake of experimenting.

Edited by UGLYMRJ

2 juggernauts is worse than 2 assassin in huttball. the entire point of huttball is to get the ball to your tank juggernaut. From there you simply need to keep him alive. He should be able to carry the ball on his own or die trying. In high level games you can't afford to pass very often because of intercepts so having that second jugg tank is kind of pointless If you're at the point where your juggernaut can't carry the ball you have a whole different problem on your hands.

meanwhile 2 assassins....one can stand in endzone for the juggernaut intercede while the other camps mid in stealth waiting to get the ball. It is best to have the endzone assassin leave and go to mid while the juggernaut waits to score. Huttball is all about control of mid so having two stealher, knockbacking and shrouding tanks is way more important than having a second juggernaut which won't even make a difference.

also the extra pull is incredible in huttball.

I don't play that much rated, but with two assassin the designated mid camper could respec prior to a warzone and wait to see if you get huttball. I would have them run the 23/17/1 spec in huttball. It has immense survivability to move the ball forward and eat a ton of incoming DPS, especially if they carry a WH shield offhand in the inventory to provide survivability and solid dps. Even though your giving up df and instant cast whirlwind, you still can whirlwind people and have access to stun nads and with DPS a secondary in huttball its a good ball carrier spec because it leverages more force speeds and lowers the cooldown on force shroud, with sprint breaking roots.

I use the build a lot in huttball. I also like stealth and reseting the ball verses turning it over to the team which a juggie cannot do.