What to do about a level 51 idiot

Katpoohtoo

On Tython I'm playing my new character which is level 6 and some level 51 idiot keeps harassing me for a duel. Some of my other characters could wipe the floor with him, but of course my level 6 can't. My high-level characters would feel too much shame challenging a low level character to a duel. How on earth can this level 51 guy think that he's some kind of champion by dueling with single-digit characters?? That's kind of sad.

It’s the ability differences that give the lvl 51 the advantage, not the lvl or gear. He has way more abilities to attack with as well as DCDs

and more gear iirc. you can't even slot items below a certain level. and some of the shells you can wear don't have mods that low. not that it matters. I'm pretty sure you can auto ignore duels.

On Tython I'm playing my new character which is level 6 and some level 51 idiot keeps harassing me for a duel. Some of my other characters could wipe the floor with him, but of course my level 6 can't. My high-level characters would feel too much shame challenging a low level character to a duel. How on earth can this level 51 guy think that he's some kind of champion by dueling with single-digit characters?? That's kind of sad.

You could always just get the point and laugh emote, and everytime he challenges you, use it ;)

Korriban during double XP week a guild (I'm not mentioning names so don't ask) had about 7/8 members all high levels 50+ all standing outside at the bottom of the academy. They were trying to duel any low level players (only low levels never anyone higher than 10) that walked out from the tombs, a lot of them maybe were new players and accepted blindly, they were subsequently beaten and then trolled/harassed in the chat for how bad they are. Anyone who declined received that same trolling/harassing in the chat for being wimps/scared etc: the usual. This went on until I finished and left for fleet so who knows how long they stayed challenge low levels.

You could always just get the point and laugh emote, and everytime he challenges you, use it ;)

I like this idea. :cool:

The level 51 is scaled down to starter planet maximum level. I don't see a problem here.

Even if the 51's ability list and stat set was pruned to be that of a level 12 (starter planet maximum level), which it isn't, the character would still be able to instasquish a level 6.

Use the ignore function in chat, and report him for spamming. He'd have to use another character to harass you after that, if he does, contact the moderators, and keep ignoring him in chat until something is done about it.

Edited by BellumEstBellum

Over many years there have been requests to have an auto-ignore for duel requests. I have played many MMOs and this is the only one I can think of that does *not* have that.

It is a totally incomprehensible design decision.

Over many years there have been requests to have an auto-ignore for duel requests. I have played many MMOs and this is the only one I can think of that does *not* have that.

It is a totally incomprehensible design decision.

It is, indeed, totally incomprehensible, but at least it allows SWTOR to serve as a concrete example of "game that doesn't allow auto-decline for duels" when people suggest adding duelling to GW2. Duelling is antithetical to an assortment of GW2 design principles, but the suggesters often assume that "of course" an autodecline function would be included. I can currently use SWTOR as an example of why one should not assume that auto-decline would be included.

why i got the feeling that is IN the game, i think i saw it near the auto-ignore group and such.

I just double-checked. It's definitely not there, although everything else under the sun has an auto-decline.

Considering how many people have asked for it, I would think they'd announce it when and if they finally added this.

• Dev Post

Hey!

I would definitely use some of the advice that others have posted here. Ignore the player and if they are being harassing, definitely report them in-game. I suspect the team is already aware but I am going to raise it up that there is no auto-decline for duel requests.

Thanks.

-eric

Hey!

I would definitely use some of the advice that others have posted here. Ignore the player and if they are being harassing, definitely report them in-game. I suspect the team is already aware but I am going to raise it up that there is no auto-decline for duel requests.

Thanks.

-eric

Excellent news! Thanks for letting us know you're pushing for this!

Hey!

Thanks.

-eric

Great news, thank you.