are there too many small guilds on this server ?

sir-rob

first off thanks to the ones that ansewered my last thread now i get why player aren't doing ranked as much as normal wz.

over the last week a few small guild have asked me to join them and this got me thinking (witch hurt a little lol) that maybe there are too many small guild trying to start up and do pvp and that is why its hard to get numbers for ranked. i have been playing his game for a while now and have noticed there are 2 top pvp guilds on each side, if you play pvp you will know them iam not going to name them. as well there are 2 part time pvp guild on each side. so my thought is maybe same of the small guilds should try and join the bigger guilds to boost there numbers so they have the numbers to do ranked more offen. i just think there are to many guilds on this server for the number of people that play.

so what my thought is that if most pvpers are in the top 4 pvp guilds they will then have numbers to do moe ranked games . what do you guys all think?

Edited by sir-rob
left samething out

simply no top pvp guilds don't want 2 things: 1 being a tonne of people and the other being filled with people that aren't nessacerly good at pvp, a perfect example of this going wrong is "whats wrong with your face" they over recruited and got the not so good as well as the good besides smaller guilds want to be small if they wanted to join a bigger guild they would of from the begining instead of creating thier own guilds.

now please stop with this justification for ranked crap

simply no top pvp guilds don't want 2 things: 1 being a tonne of people and the other being filled with people that aren't nessacerly good at pvp, a perfect example of this going wrong is "whats wrong with your face" they over recruited and got the not so good as well as the good besides smaller guilds want to be small if they wanted to join a bigger guild they would of from the begining instead of creating thier own guilds.

now please stop with this justification for ranked crap

That's not true! I mean... I got in MVP and I'm not exactly... good...

That's not true! I mean... I got in MVP and I'm not exactly... good...

Lol joining MVP is nothing special whatsoever. There are plenty (and I mean PLENTY) of crap pvpers in MVP who seemingly think they are special because they are in MVP and wear it like a badge of honor. These players firstly get smashed in one on one fights without other people helping to kill their target and secondly, these people are riding the coat tails and efforts of people like Steelclaw (1,000 blessings upon her :)) who are legitimately awesome pvpers. The percentage of great pvpers in mvp is a lot smaller then you think.

But I digress, back on topic, you will find that a lot of these so called "Small Guilds" are just a bunch of friends who form a guild together and play together. And more power to these people. I don't think Dalborra needs to be populated by mega guilds. A lot of guilds do their own thing and I am fine with that. And yeah I too have been invited by these guilds I have never heard or seen before. Some just outright invite me without asking me which I hate.

Bottom line: Yes there are plenty of small guilds on Dalborra, some are private. Others are trying to grow. All guilds have to start small at some point remember. :cool:

Gotta disagree with the getting smashed 1 vs 1 = bad player. I have seen plenty of pvpers that are excellent as a team although they are bad 1 vs 1. ( As in they know their role, how to cap/defend/pass, etc but tend to lose in a 1 v 1 encounter) Edited by Penang

Gotta disagree with the getting smashed 1 vs 1 = bad player. I have seen plenty of pvpers that are excellent as a team although they are bad 1 vs 1. ( As in they know their role, how to cap/defend/pass, etc but tend to lose in a 1 v 1 encounter)

The truely bad players are the ones that fail at pvp objectives AND lose 1v1. On an unrelated note, how is zargor these days?

Gotta disagree with the getting smashed 1 vs 1 = bad player. I have seen plenty of pvpers that are excellent as a team although they are bad 1 vs 1. ( As in they know their role, how to cap/defend/pass, etc but tend to lose in a 1 v 1 encounter)

That's true. Though everyone has their own criteria for judging ability. I was once berated with paraphraphs of whispers from a DPS Sage who disliked that I received more votes than he did, despite "clearly beating me" (beating someone on your own team, you wonder? Confused me, too.)

Of course, a smart player knows that a total DPS score is not comparable between a ranged DPS, capable of pummelling anyone in field of vision, and a single target back-stabber who has to chase his victims around. Especially on Voidstar, where a good stealther in defence serves his team better at times by hiding, to get that last second interupt so that his team can respawn... But yes, all of that is obvious to a smart player :)

Back on point, 1 v. 1 survivability wouldn't be a fair measure of a PvPer universally. It discounts healers. It discounts any Commando or Sentinel who comes across a Scrapper (sorry). It discounts context... I can't help cringing a little when someone has jokingly bragged about killing me after a match, and the only times I can think of is situations of gang rape... were you one of my rapists? Sorry, I didn't catch all of your names. But to some people, that counts as a personal 1 v. 1 victory, as not everyone is aware of all the sources of damage you're taking, or that you've only just burnt through all your CDs or were chasing an objective rather than engaging them/... Many players aren't even aware of how much they are being HEALED, or that they're being healed at all. <--- Context is a big one.

I would say a Scrapper or a Shadow/Sin can be fairly judged by how well they kill others in isolation. That's what their class will be doing often as they try to cap nodes or... just generally be a nuisance everywhere.

Snipers/slingers are more heals dependent, but they'll be outputting a lot more damage overall if they know what they're doing. Likewise for most DPS PTs/Vanguards. Huge total DPS, but they can't achieve that alone. And why should they? It's a team game. (I still like to tease them about it, though)

...what the hell is this thread about, anyway?

Edited by Namedsc

I was once berated with paraphraphs of whispers from a DPS Sage who disliked that I received more votes than he did, despite "clearly beating me" (beating someone on your own team, you wonder? Confused me, too.)

If he beat you in dmg, kills and medals and he feels he did a hell of a lot of work more then you and you go and get medals for no visible reason, I can see his point. I seen healers do over 400K healing but get no mvp votes (Beside my vote) despite the clear fact said healers helped keep the team alive clearly with a score like that. I know the lazy path is just to vote for the person who got the most medals in the game or fellow guild members but when I vote, I usually vote for healers who either helped keep me alive (Important as a melee warrior) , healers who clearly kept the team alive as a whole or players who did the best kills by far of anyone in the team. As we all know, its easy to get medals when defending so for me, someone who does epic healing or killing are the people to vote for. These are the players who let you stealthers do what you got to do and makes it easier for us melee warrior class to finish what they started.

As for beating someone on your team, what's to be confused about? Competition within a team to do the best is healthy and never hurts anyone but the enemy!! :D

...what the hell is this thread about, anyway?

Lol you comment but don't read the thread first? OP brought up an opinion where he believed there were too many small guilds and thinks that these small guilds make it hard for people to do ranked when there seems to be only 4 big guilds doing ranked and if your not in these guilds, this makes it harder for anyone else to do so.

Fact is yes there are LOTS of small guilds but as I said before. there are people who form guilds as a group of mates and don't care for certain aspects of the game but to play with one another. And if OP wants to do ranked, it's not that hard to get into a ranked group usually as there are normally ranked PUG groups forming often enough to catch one of them. :cool:

Edited by kharathos

Haha, I remember his name but I don't want to embarrass the poor fellow. I was told he often complains about votes/lack thereof.

He had about 50k more damage, and more defensive medals because I'm not a gun turret - I fight around the doors not necessarily on them (keeps me away from AOE stuns and better for dropping combat to make last second capping interupt)

If I cared about medal farming, I'd play to earn more of them. A lot of game changing/winning moves, though, aren't recognised. Interupting reinforcements to cap node, harrassing opposition's node to prevent them the time to form an attack, interrupting caps, floating inbetween nodes to call early incs.... All things considered, it was just very very strange to have someone moan at length about MVP votes, or consider a higher DPS score to = better contribution.

Yeah, I make the mistake sometimes of thinking the healers are guaranteed votes, so give mine to high protect or the people I'm grouped with....Then feel bad when I see that no one else voted them either...

My last comment was sarcastic, 'cause this thread is very similar to the other one OP posted. :p

Edited by Namedsc

"I was once berated with paraphraphs of whispers from a DPS Sage who disliked that I received more votes than he did, despite "clearly beating me" (beating someone on your own team, you wonder? Confused me, too.)"

lol i all ways "win on my sage"with most deaths/damage taken:eek:

This is a topic I have been talking about quite frequently as of late, now there a lot of guilds that do the same thing i.e. PvP & PvE but struggle in both aspects due to numbers but if they merged they would have nothing but positive gains. Although either Guild wants to lose its name so nothing happens and both Guilds go on struggling.

I once heard an American player say that’s an Australian problem “as you all the form a SBFC (Super Best Friends Club) and then cannot join with another SBFC, due to losing the name that you and other members of the SBFC came up with which has respect, recognition and strikes fear into other SBFC’s. Americans don’t have that problem we go to the guild we think is the best and if you can’t get into that one then you go to its rivalry.”

I hope some of these Guilds can recognise who they are and make the necessary hard changes to both find the positive gains which will only benefit there guild and its members.

Edited by Aztang

wtb +500 defender points for each interrupt on a node. :D

Multiplied by the number of people that are stuck in spawn...

Back on topic - Gimp has been expanding its ranks.

But I noticed MVP seems to have splintered?

Edited by HolyFrogx

• 2 weeks later...
Back on topic - Gimp has been expanding its ranks.

But I noticed MVP seems to have splintered?

You notice right. I know a few from MVP who have quit mostly because other players who they used to PVP with have walked away from the game or the Guild itself.

Nor am I seeing MVP much in pub pvp anymore either. Makes me wonder how many peeps are left in the guild.