It’s Raining CXP, Daily

EricMusco

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at the thread its totaly obvious that people want this to stay. The Devs should totally see this, CXP is still an issue in the game, even though 5.0 came long time ago, people still seem to struggle getting to rank 300 ON THEIR MAIN!

Personnaly i cant imagine that, but not everyone does the same stuff in game as I do, or has so much time to play. So please for Yodas sake, leave the CXP as it is!!

So, thanks for all the ideas. We'll decide what to do next week, but in the meantime, take advantage of this massive CXP change. I'm confident that'll help guide us in our discussions and decision about what to do next.

---Keith

Nice stance on this :-)

Suggestion: Just make the weekly quest award a substantial number of CXP, maybe as high as 10.000.

Another nerf to make the grind longer and harder. When will you people realise you are driving people away by nerfing things that don't need it and with this ridiculous attitude of making the game less fun. All my friends and partner have quit the game because you just don't understand the players need for fun and not work.

Listen to the damn feed back of your players or if you don't care about it, at least be honest and tell us so we stop hanging around in the slim hope you'll get your act together.

I'm already being pressured by my partner and friends to unsub and go play another game and you continue to give them more ammo to convince me,

^ This.

Every time I see a Yellow Post that says "whoops that's giving too much CXP, we are going to lower that to what it should be" I shake my head in disbelief.

There is NOT A PROBLEM with any content giving too much CXP.

The IS A PROBLEM with nearly all content giving TOO LITTLE CXP.

All The Best

^ This.

Every time I see a Yellow Post that says "whoops that's giving too much CXP, we are going to lower that to what it should be" I shake my head in disbelief.

There is NOT A PROBLEM with any content giving too much CXP.

The IS A PROBLEM with nearly all content giving TOO LITTLE CXP.

All The Best

Well, the problem with the current system was that it gived too few crates who already had poor loot chances.

To make this viable and interesting they either had to increase the loot chances of each crate (make a crate have more chance to drop legendary item), which wouldn't require to augment the drop rate of crate (who is quite slow without any cxp boost, making the grind to 300 a real pain, even for a main character).

Or they could do it like this, and increase the cxp reward, so people would get more crates, who would have the same drop rate as before. Who clearly would be best and more interesting. It's basically the same as CM hypercrate. You get a lot of them, with a "chance" of getting interesting gear. This way it keeps people focused on the grind thing, because it can potentially reward way more.

Let's hope we'll see multiple changes like this for other activities as well.

This "bug" or "exploit" got me back into playing this game. Even WITH the bug, even with the power levelling of galactic command, I am still getting a ton of trash in my command crates. This bug proves more than anything that the galactic command system should be scrapped or have RNG element (in terms of main gear) removed. RNG is fine for cosmetics/pets etc. Yes I know we have tokens however it is still not as good as it was pre 5.0.

Hey all,

When I found out about the substantially increased CXP in the daily areas I had to go check if it was real. So, I tested it on my main characters, and validated it across a variety of other characters, and sure enough, it was true. I even used the CXP Perk, and the CXP 100% boost, just to see how much I could get on each quest.

Then, realizing we needed to stay indoors for the weekend, I decided to see how many Command Ranks I could gain on just one toon, by doing all the Daily Areas each day, along with daily FPs, and other normal activities. I managed to gain 200 levels and to echo a lot of your comments here, it was fun to see so many others on Yavin, in Black Hole, over on Iokath and Section X. I also did Oricon and had forgotten how fun those quests were to do, too.

There's a legitimate reason to lower the CXP values as they are out of whack with the rest of the game, but there's an even more compelling reason to not lower it all the way back to 75 and to review the values across the board. I like a lot of your suggestions about rotating it, finding a good compromised amount, giving you a reason to visit these areas, and substantially reducing the time it takes to level up your alts (catch-up mechanic).

So, thanks for all the ideas. We'll decide what to do next week, but in the meantime, take advantage of this massive CXP change. I'm confident that'll help guide us in our discussions and decision about what to do next.

---Keith

I believe the "REAL" reason this "bug" is staying for a couple days is b/c Keith didn't want to have to take action against himself for knowingly using this CXP "exploit." :p;)

I believe the "REAL" reason this "bug" is staying for a couple days is b/c Keith didn't want to have to take action against himself for knowingly using this CXP "exploit." :p;)

I'd be VERY surprised if he actually played to get things, instead of spawning them via console or something. Seriously. I know he's pulling the "one of us gamers" card hard, but come on. You can't really be swallowing that hook, line and sinker, can you?

This "bug" or "exploit" got me back into playing this game. Even WITH the bug, even with the power levelling of galactic command, I am still getting a ton of trash in my command crates. This bug proves more than anything that the galactic command system should be scrapped or have RNG element (in terms of main gear) removed. RNG is fine for cosmetics/pets etc. Yes I know we have tokens however it is still not as good as it was pre 5.0.

Well, it's here that we begin to enter the difficult matter of RNG in a MMO.

Deception Assassin is based of RNG in order to burst efficiently. Most of my parses are affected by it because I'm crap at being lucky ("lol, L2P" :rolleyes: ). On the other hand, I don't usually have any problem with the rng crate, where a friend of mine will have crap luck with those... It's also the same with Solo Ranked PvP. You can get very lucky and get into a really good team, or can get a really bad team and have your whole season affected by it.

Again, I prefer having more chance to open crate rather than opening fewer crate with higher drop chances. Because the reward can be really bigger if you manage to be lucky with a big numbers of crate, rather than being more lucky with only one or two crate.

Still, I agree with you about the tokens. At the time it was definitely easier to get those. But that's not the point of the topic. ;)

I just did Section X on my Dark V and my Light V toons and no impact. When you submit the bug, please try to identify everything you were doing/did - like I logged out when I finished the Aurora Cannon quest, or what you did immediately after leaving Section X. Don't give the details in this thread as it'll just get lost and our QA team won't pick it up.

Thanks,

Keith---

i had the same thing happen but didnt notice it until later on when i happened to get an artifact. from the google search it seems to happen when you log out from SX or if it was the last place you were before logging out. when i can log back into the game (tonight--crosses fingers) ill put in a report.

Hey folks,

When we released Game Update 5.4 last week, we also introduced a bug which many of you have already noticed. The Daily Missions for Czerka, Oricon, Black Hole, Yavin 4, Ziost, Section X, and Iokath are rewarding substantially more CXP than intended. Instead of giving 75 CXP per Mission, they are currently awarding 1125. That’s a lot of CXP! Proooobably a little more than we would like you to get. For that reason it was our intent that we would address this bug in tomorrow’s patch. Well, the gods of Iokath were the only ones strong enough to overcome it. After tomorrow’s patch, only Iokath’s Dailies will be back to the appropriate CXP values. The other 6 Daily Areas will still be bugged, which means they will continue giving you crazy CXP (during double CXP!) until we fix them next week.

Until they are fixed next week, enjoy them. We tried to fix the bug, the bug didn’t want to be fixed (pretty sure Keith sabotaged it, he loves all that CXP). So enjoy the extra CXP for a few more days.

-eric

How could this happen, you clearly do not do ANY testing prior throwing the patch to live?

Yep, it's a Vanguard. I keep doing the quest with the staged bonus mission that's supposed to cause the bug, tried loggin out while on the quest, tried just finishing the final stage (that same weird bug on both factions...) but nothing happens. Guess I don't get to exploit this bug :p

It happened to me yesterday.

I had just killed the final Champion droid in "Key to Decryption [Area]" quest and logged out to do some other stuff for about 15 minutes (I had the CXP boost running and didn't want to waste it). When I came back in and logged on POOF, my light side attunement was gone. Can't use my saber.

Now I am suppose to grind out 100,000 light side points.

Hey all,

When I found out about the substantially increased CXP in the daily areas I had to go check if it was real. So, I tested it on my main characters, and validated it across a variety of other characters, and sure enough, it was true. I even used the CXP Perk, and the CXP 100% boost, just to see how much I could get on each quest.

Then, realizing we needed to stay indoors for the weekend, I decided to see how many Command Ranks I could gain on just one toon, by doing all the Daily Areas each day, along with daily FPs, and other normal activities. I managed to gain 200 levels and to echo a lot of your comments here, it was fun to see so many others on Yavin, in Black Hole, over on Iokath and Section X. I also did Oricon and had forgotten how fun those quests were to do, too.

There's a legitimate reason to lower the CXP values as they are out of whack with the rest of the game, but there's an even more compelling reason to not lower it all the way back to 75 and to review the values across the board. I like a lot of your suggestions about rotating it, finding a good compromised amount, giving you a reason to visit these areas, and substantially reducing the time it takes to level up your alts (catch-up mechanic).

---Keith

I came here specifically to beg y'all not to obliterate the CXP rewards for these dailies when you fix the bug because as others have said, not only has the GC grind felt rewarding for once, it has been cool to see people on these planets again. Real players instead of credit farmers on Yavin! Enough people on Iokath to maaaaaaybe finally get to do the Colossus Droid!

But now I don't have to beg :D

Thank you, Keith, for listening to us and for letting us know that you are. It really means a lot.

Now I understand why there were so many people on Oricon and CZ earlier today. I didn't even notice that something is off, because I never look at the numbers. I bought a CXP bonus item and then there is the bonux CXP event and I thought that this is all legit.

What really makes me wonder though: How is it not possible to fix all the CXP numbers in this patch? What could possibly make it so difficult that they only manage to correct Iokath? I don't know about their code, but wouldn't this be nothing than an adjustment of numbers? What could this break?

Anyway, I am glad they are not able to patch a bunch of numbers. It makes fun to team up with others and not be the only one in daily areas.

Bonus effect: I got today 3 different warzones + 2 arena matches between 12:00 and 13:30 Central European time! I don't even remember when I had that many PvP pops at prime time. And 3 of those 5 were balanced and even, rep vs. imp. Only 2 were clearly for the imps, because we were only 6/7 vs. 8. PvP was fun today! First time in a very long while. Thanks for your bug, BW! My motivation to play was completely at the bottom. Today, I got some hope again.

P. S. For the record: My main is now GC level 180. I play a lot, but I refuse to grind. It took me that many months to get to this point. Dear devs, I think if it takes that long to get to this level without grinding your buttocks off, it's just way too long.

Edited by JattaGin

How could this happen, you clearly do not do ANY testing prior throwing the patch to live?

Give me a break. Criticize them for not really understanding their engine (I won't because I'm not a game developer), but do you really expect developers to run through literally thousands of hours of old content for every patch to make sure there aren't any unintended bugs? And for those on the PTS I would prefer they focus on identifying bugs in the new content, not go around running Oricon dailies to see if new bugs pop up in random places.

Edited by bdatt

What really makes me wonder though: How is it not possible to fix all the CXP numbers in this patch? What could possibly make it so difficult that they only manage to correct Iokath? I don't know about their code, but wouldn't this be nothing than an adjustment of numbers? What could this break?

Setting all dailies to 1125 CXP may be as simple as one SQL line: SET cxp=1125 WHERE repeatable="daily"

Undoing this is more complicated since some dailies (e.g. the GC missions) actually should grant those 1125 CXP. So I guess they went for the safe path and started fixing only the quests they recently added, where they exactly know how to filter them out in order to change them without having to manually edit every single quest entry. Those other quests, created 4-5 years ago, will be a nice little extra exercise for the guy who botched it in the first place. (Thanks, BTW :p)

Edited by Mubrak

Give me a break. Criticize them for not really understanding their engine (I won't because I'm not a game developer), but do you really expect developers to run through literally thousands of hours of old content for every patch to make sure there aren't any unintended bugs? And for those on the PTS I would prefer they focus on identifying bugs in the new content, not go around running Oricon dailies to see if new bugs pop up in random places.

Furthermore, for once this bug made peoples happy for playing the game. Sure, bugs are bothering, but on this one I prefer seeing it as a QoL improvement. :p

Hey all,

---Keith

This is a reaction of a dev playing this game. i'll hope more reflexion like this in the future. we all see thsi bug just make the game and areas with this bug alive.

alive you know...when a bug can give good ideas, nice statment and hope. :o

Hey all,

SNIP...

---Keith

It's great that you recognize CXP values were too low (and yes these are too high) but if the best you have to offer as a "meet in the middle" is to double or even triple the old value.

Don't bother.

That content is still old, stale and done to death. If you want gamers to stay interested in daily areas after this bug fix. At least make the CXP actually worth going after and not some paltry amount.