Divorcing companions - Clarification?

Stenrik

Hey, I'm at the point as a smuggler where I can marry one of my companions (actually I have 2 fighting over me).

There's one I want to marry (Risha), but how will that limit me in the future? If BW adds more companions in a later expansion, I want to know that my options are still as open as they are for those who never married. Also I want to make sure that all the companion-specific quests will be open to me still, if I tie the knot.

So far, all I've heard is that you can still choose the flirt option with your other female companion after marriage. But does that mean you can follow that through and divorce your current wife if desired?

Thanks.

Edited by Stenrik

My understanding is that if you start a romance with a second companion after you have married a first, the conflict dialogue will still fire between the two of them. You can use this to presumably cancel out of your current romance(divorce). I would assume any romances added in the future would behave the same way.

If you have already had the conflict dialogue then one of your romances isn't active any more, and at the moment there is no way to reactivate the deactivated one. There may or may not be such a way in the future.

The only way to get a conflict dialogue after marriage is to just not advance your second potential love's companion conversation to the point where you are dating till after you are married(easiest way is to just never talk to them on your ship).

Thanks, that clarifies it a bit.

I've married Risha, but I still have Akaavi's dialogue where I can have an affair with her and get confronted by Risha to choose. So it's like a permanent option to switch or have neither, but can only be done once.