Please vote to stop warzone hacking/cheating!! ;)

NoaFlux

That's it. Just please read just this top paragraph and post your vote at minimum. Thanks!

Many people have blogged about solutions yet Bioware doesn't even seem to make an effort within the game to stop this. Please encourage Bioware to add a "Vote out of Warzone due to hacking" button as the current button doesn't work that way, or to add a "Vote to send hacking report" button. When you vote please thank Bioware for their hard work, and amazing game, they do make external efforts to stop hacking.:D

***If someone is a jerk on this post please report them, or ignore them and do not let them get to you as there will be lots of mean spirited people commenting ;)

If you don't believe in hacking (cheating)....just do a Google search on how to hack SWTOR...and you will see that it works. There are entire websites about how to cheat. There are some very extensive bot (fake players) programs, and glitches...like the 11 player queue cheat. Bioware's account was hacked into before the game was even released.

**A lot of people hack ON BOTH SIDES. So don't just take anyone's word for it. Though it seems to me that the Empire cheats way more...as I have lost Novare coast 14 out of 16 times in the last two weeks. But other levels seem slightly more fair..yet not by much.

***Also after various updates I have seen things shift, as far as victory's. This is probably because patches have stopped hacking at times, or because Bioware made adjustments to certain characters. Just something to keep in mind. This may be further evidence of hacking.

*****Another thing to consider are guilds. We often lose in Warzones because you are playing a skilled, and character calculated guild. I encourage you to make your own if you lose a lot. So don't think everything is cheating it may be this.

Thank you for your time!

Edited by NoaFlux

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG I think I'm gonna get sick now... I thought most of those reports were rare cases or lack of knowledge of other classes but just a quick search on google lead me to a site where gazillions of hacks are being offered (and somtimes sold for money?!) where users would mock how easy it is to speedhack or go through voidstar doors undetected...

This is a big hit for me regarding BW's credibility. If they don't sort this out for rankes WZ the PvP aspect of this game has certainly no future :[

Edited by Sullax

I'm pretty sure the 8+ people thing has been fixed a while back, not sure about the others.

I doubt a 'vote' will change anything, especially since lots of people will keep claiming 'I don't see it' (well, often times you not seeing it is the point of a cheat)

I've definitely had the 'window glitch' happen to me in novare coast. though that one is not that bad when you know how to be able to target them anyway, I'm sure not everybody knows how to, though (there's a specific spot inside the booth that lets you click them, instead of outside where for some reason you will get the 'target not in sight' message)

Still haven't seen any hacks in this game.

Then you dont pvp obviously. Or i will say something very derogatory.

It happens is frequent and sometimes people get caught. There is nothing to do but report them and move on.

They guy using force speed with the hutball for 1 min up and down the entire map is not cheating no. Insta heal from almost 0 no no cheat, and lag switching to goal not cheating.

Just talk to them i do.

I honestly don't think they care about bug/hacks.A few months ago,while playing with my settings to try increase my fps in warzones,I came across a pretty gamebreaking voidstar bug/exploit.I submitted a ticket,described in great detail what happened and how...The ticket was locked and deleted in a few hours..

Now,a few months later,the bug is still there and working.

I honestly don't think they care about bug/hacks.A few months ago,while playing with my settings to try increase my fps in warzones,I came across a pretty gamebreaking voidstar bug/exploit.I submitted a ticket,described in great detail what happened and how...The ticket was locked and deleted in a few hours..

Now,a few months later,the bug is still there and working.

They do care and are investigating every report people make. We have had our share of suspicious warzones and BioWare is checking to see if some players are outside their margin.

That's it. Just please read just this top paragraph and post your vote at minimum. Thanks!

Many people have blogged about solutions yet Bioware doesn't even seem to make an effort within the game to stop this. Please encourage Bioware to add a "Vote out of Warzone due to hacking" button as the current button doesn't work that way, or to add a "Vote to send hacking report" button. When you vote please thank Bioware for their hard work, and amazing game, they do make external efforts to stop hacking.:D

***If someone is a jerk on this post please report them, or ignore them and do not let them get to you as there will be lots of mean spirited people commenting ;)

If you don't believe in hacking (cheating)....just do a Google search on how to hack SWTOR...and you will see that it works. There are entire websites about how to chat. There are some very extensive bot (fake players) programs, and glitches...like the 11 player queue cheat. Bioware's account was hacked into before the game was even released.

**A lot of people hack ON BOTH SIDES. So don't just take anyone's word for it. Though it seems to me that the Empire cheats way more...as I have lost Novare coast 14 out of 16 times in the last two weeks. But other levels seem slightly more fair..yet not by much.

***Also after various updates I have seen things shift, as far as victory's. This is probably because patches have stopped hacking at times, or because Bioware made adjustments to certain characters. Just something to keep in mind. This may be further evidence of hacking.

*****Another thing to consider are guilds. We often lose in Warzones because you are playing a skilled, and character calculated guild. I encourage you to make your own if you lose a lot. So don't think everything is cheating it may be this.

Thank you for your time!

HAcks aren;t as obvious as they were in the beginning. Now you have hacks that simply don't apply combat slow, reduce the efrect of slows. make it where you can't be knocked off ledges, etc. Subtles things that players may not realize because it's not as blatant as running aroun dat 500% normal speed. There is a sniper on my server who never suffers the in-combat speed reduction; A sentienel who ALWAYS has that speed buff up (always sprinting in combat). This chick flies off the speeder in Aldeeraan sprinting so she definitely hasn't gained 30 centering. There was an entire guild that was CC proof and could not be knocked of ledges. I report this stuff, but Bioware never does anything about it.

Maybe Bioware should just make hacking legal and give us hacks. At least it would be even.

This chick flies off the speeder in Aldeeraan sprinting so she definitely hasn't gained 30 centering.

Are you sure its not valorous call? it grants 30 centering and has a 3 min CD. I'll use that sometimes and speed buff to save my force leap for a knockback.

Are u sure its hacking, because as a ops it seems I gain a speed boost just from casting certain moves like debilitate and kolto probe, (I know debilitate is suppose to for 4 secs with talent, but it lasts a lot longer then 4 secs for me) I know kolto probe says nothing about a speed boost, but it jsut seems sometimes in warzones I cast it, and the more and more a cast it the faster I go, I dont know if its me or somebody else doing it, but it seems like its my kolto probe, it seems to happen only when im in combat and when I switch directiosn a lot, if I run in a straight line I dont get it. I think biowares game is just glitched lol, Edited by TriviumIsGOAT

Are u sure its hacking, because as a ops it seems I gain a speed boost just from casting certain moves like debilitate and kolto probe, (I know debilitate is suppose to for 4 secs with talent, but it lasts a lot longer then 4 secs for me) I know kolto probe says nothing about a speed boost, but it jsut seems sometimes in warzones I cast it, and the more and more a cast it the faster I go, I dont know if its me or somebody else doing it, but it seems like its my kolto probe, it seems to happen only when im in combat and when I switch directiosn a lot, if I run in a straight line I dont get it. I think biowares game is just glitched lol,

It's hacking/cheating. Too much of the game is on our PCs. Just pull your combat log and look for a hit that does 0 damage, be sure to pull your combat log parsed and ensure it's not a glance. You'll see them and this is the easiest cheat to spot and report.

Are you sure its not valorous call? it grants 30 centering and has a 3 min CD. I'll use that sometimes and speed buff to save my force leap for a knockback.

Does it last indefinitely? Because she never slows down. Ever.

That's why I reported it. She is NEVER running at normal in-combat speed. She is fast 100% of the time.

Man did OP lose a WZ match?

I want my game to be hacking/cheating free... I wish BW ban all hackers.

However on the side note, I've been called a hacker for some of the following hacks that apperently I didnt even know I could do...

"Anti-force push hack"

"Anti-knockback hack"

"double damage hack"

"force speed lasts 60 seconds hack"

"force lightning ignoring armor hack"

"anti-root hack"

"93 talent point hack" as well as

"8 men premade queue hack".

oh did I mention they also called me anti-ball pass hack as well? because if I am attacking them sometimes it permanently shuts off their ability to pass hutball until they die.

I guess I am the super hacker of the pvp :D

I could take this more seriously if 98% of hack/cheat accusations weren't totally false and coming from player that either don't understand how all the classes work or are just plain bad and refuse to accept they lost.

I've been accused of cheating for using Guardian Leap in Huttball (I liked how you jumped to your teammate, nice hacks there buddy) and speccing unremitting (he's cheating, I can't stun him after he starts attacking me and his resolve bar isn't full!) as well as just plain crying due to gear gap (he did 5k damage to me with Dispatch, he has to be cheating!).

Then someone says, "No I saw the real cheats" but you never see them come up with evidence or proof.

Again, am I saying it doesn't go on? Hardly. But just as big a problem as actual cheating, is the fact that 98% of cheating accusations are 100% false, and if Bioware acted on every one, nothing would ever get done.

sure, there are many that cry wolf too soon, but there are also valid complaints.

It's not a question of whether hacks exist or not. They do. Anyone willing to put in 30 seconds on the net can find them.

Reporting hackers is the only way to get them dealt with as well, as it seems BW is rather lacking in the investigation department unless some gets reported. The hackers even point out that the only hackers that get busted are the ones that are reported.

They are also getting more skilled at throttling their hacks to gain advantage without being too obvious, but sometimes they still make mistakes....guy last night hit me for 8356 dmg (no screenshot...happened too fast). I have 1203 exp in full BM heavy armor and had no debuffs on me as I had just engaged him from the spawn area. I went from 100% to 50% in a 1vs1 in 1 GCD...if that wasn't a hack...it would seem a solid argument for a class nerf.

Those who "claim" to have never seen hacks in this game fall into a few simple categories.

Liars or cheaters themselves

Do not fully understand the game mechanics and limitations of the classes, so have no idea what a hack looks like.

Do not PvP

Trolling

Either way, there is a TON of hacking that occurs in SWTOR. I see hackers almost every time I PvP for a reasonable length of time. The best part is....since they are hackers, it usually means they absolutely suck, cannot play their character for crap, and are very pwnable.

Hackers blow......

despite what is their view i see all the above posters that agree that hack in swtor exist.

With the rated wz coming this will multiply and will create big problems for a community that can not take another fail from the developers. PvP in this game goes from bat to worse to non existent (eventually if we keep on that track), and a extensive hack problem on rated wz will lead it there.

The higher incentive to cheat coze of the top dog rating, will create a norm that the non cheating team will never achieve high score in the game despite skill.

So BW please fix the gaps in you coding that permits such cheats or at list police wz a lot better.

for once my poor machine can not handle constant recording of wz and i can not report with evidence the few so far hackers that i see on my server.

Personaly i dont get why poeple hack in a game, i meen people selling hacks i get them, they are making a living.

but players man, if you sucks, then suck! loose, and loose and loose there is nothing wrong with it!

but come on! dont hack the game, dont cheat, specialy if is not for money! lol!

Security and freedom are inversely proportional to each other. If you want more security you got to give up your freedom (like let Bioware install spyware in your computer, like Blizzard does). Blizzard gets to get away with it because they are, well, Blizzard, but generally for everyone else, they value their freedom and would not rather your MMORPG snooping what terms you're searching on Google (Blizzard does that and they could ban you if you search for 'WoW hacks' even if you never used them, if they wanted to). However valuing freedom means games are inherently insecure. At least, there's no way a game that doesn't snoop on you like SWTOR can be anywhere as secure as WoW where it's basically spying on you the whole time.

Yeah but there's always the most progressive, and widely used option of letting the players fix it them selves. That's what this post is about.

A possible example ....

IF enough player voted against a given player that player would be temporarily banned for an hour from being queued with those votees. If 8 players voted against them...or maybe if 20 players did over the week they would be penalized in this or another way. The option should be universal too, i should be able to vote against some one on my team as I don't want to be playing with a cheater.

*I think the 20 player option I mentioned above is smart...as it gives the hacker time to think about it...and intimidates them...as their number goes higher to stop. It also gives them time if it's not true (false accusations) to see what the mistake might be and to clear it up with people while he's playing.

Yelp....is a website where people help restaurants by giving critique.

IMDB let's people vote on movies to see what customers want and to even out the voting score against critics.

Bioware has to let us help them in a similar way.

It is a little different but again it's about US helping THEM.

Edited by NoaFlux

There is no doubt that hacking does take place, when you have websites giving away free speed hacks and bots it will be inevitable. I think Bioware are aware and do patch to stop them, but all that happens is the hacks are re-released post patch.

As has been stated elsewhere in this thread, the only way to stop the minority of players who use hacks is to report them whenever you see them and eventually they will be removed from the game. It probably will never be stamped out completely but it can be greatly reduced, so help Bioware to help you by reporting them.