View Single Post

JediBoadicea
07.11.2018 , 12:14 AM | #14
Ok, I finally finished copying all those characters and grinding up all those prefabs, and was able to buy all the new Martial decos and test them out. Below are my suggestions for changes to the hook sizes. The truth is that this was much better than I was expecting, so please excuse some of my salt in the earlier post in this thread (I've just been so traumatized by so many decos in the past that were given deeply frustrating hook assignments).

Nothing was too egregious with these Martial decos, but I think there is definitely opportunity for making these more versatile than they currently are, particularly with an eye to making them useful tools in building PVP obstacles. As such, all of my suggested changes below are not so much corrections to poorly applied hooks but rather suggestions for ways you could allow decos to go over a hook size in one dimension provided they don't overlap it in all dimensions.

This wouldn't be an issue at all if floor spaces were completely carpeted in hooks, but they're not; hooks are always frustratingly spaced out and staggered, and so limited x/y axes combined with limited hook assignments make it impossible to put some decos flush with each other without some revisions being made. Those are the revisions I suggest below.

I also called out a few decos as being particularly great and crying out for smaller versions (see the text in blue).

Desert Settlement Wall - No change in hook size needed on this one. However, just because this is a great deco and creative decorators could do so much with this in the Tatooine SH especially, I would love to see a "Small" version of this that could fit on a Large or Medium hook.

Dromund Kaas Boulder - No change in hook size needed, as it looks like it might run the risk of completely covering a Narrow hook.

Fabrication Droid (Martial) - No change in hook size needed.

Fortified Barrier - Please make this fit on both a Large (as it currently does) and a Medium. I know that the wall itself is longer than a Medium hook, but it is still narrower and thus would still be able to be picked up from a Medium hook if placed there. Allowing it to go on a Medium (presuming that is possible) would make a big difference in versatility.

Gormak Barricade - No change in hook size needed.

Imperial Barricade - No change in hook size needed.

Imperial Scaffold - No change in hook size needed.

Imperial Wall - Please make this fit on both a Large (as it currently does) and a Medium. The wall itself is longer than a Medium hook, but as best I am able to calculate at its middle point it is still narrower than a Medium and thus would still be able to be picked up from a Medium hook if placed there.

Kaas City Wall - Please make this fit on both a Centerpiece (as it currently does) and a Large. The wall itself is longer than a Large hook, but it is still narrower than a Large and thus would still be able to be picked up from a Large hook if placed there.

Large Training Area - Obviously no change in hook size is possible here. But placing it did make clear a lot of other issues with the hook layout while this deco is in use, which I will post in the main feedback thread.

Makeshift Scaffold - No change in hook size needed.

Military Barricade - No change in hook size needed.

Rebellion Barricade - No change in hook size needed.

Reinforced Barrier - Please make this fit on both a Large (as it currently does) and a Medium. The wall itself is longer than a Medium hook, but it is still narrower and thus would still be able to be picked up from a Medium hook if placed there.

Reinforced Wall - Please make this fit on both a Large (as it currently does) and a Medium. The wall itself is longer than a Medium hook, but it is still narrower and thus would still be able to be picked up from a Medium hook if placed there.

Republic Barricade - No change in hook size needed.

Republic Wall - Please make this fit on both a Centerpiece (as it currently does) and a Large. The wall itself is longer than a Large hook, but it is still narrower than a Large and thus would still be able to be picked up from a Large hook if placed there.

Security Fence - Please please ABSOLUTELY make this fit on a Medium as well as the Large it currently fits. This particular deco is crying out to have four placed square to make a cage and yet in almost any hook layout in any stronghold this would be impossible as Larges are never 4-by. This deco is narrow enough that you could even let it go on a hook as small as a Narrow and it we'd still be able to pick it up afterward.

Settlement Barrier - Please make this fit on both a Large (as it currently does) and a Medium. The wall itself is longer than a Medium hook, but it is still narrower and thus would still be able to be picked up from a Medium hook if placed there. In fact, this deco is so narrow that it could also go as small as a Narrow hook.

Sith Statue Wall - Oh goodness is this a great deco. Please do make this fit on a Medium as well as the Large it currently is limited too. As with all the others I've suggested a change for, while it is longer than a Medium it is more than narrow enough to fit on one and still be something we can pick up. Like the Desert Settlement wall, I would love to see a "Small" version of this deco that could fit on hooks as small as a Narrow, because this would make amazing "art" placed flush against a wall, or with the versatility of a Narrow hook could be used to completely "panel over" an existing wall to make an entirely new facade.

Starship Wall - Please make this fit on both a Centerpiece (as it currently does) and a Large. The wall itself is longer than a Large hook, but it is still narrower than a Large and thus would still be able to be picked up from a Large hook if placed there.

Stone Wall - Please make this fit on both a Centerpiece (as it currently does) and a Large. The wall itself is longer than a Large hook, but it is still narrower than a Large and thus would still be able to be picked up from a Large hook if placed there. Though this one isn't quite as striking as the Sith Statue Wall or the Desert Settlement wall, it's still unique enough among stronghold assets that it would be nice to see a "Small" version of this one too that could fit on Mediums or even Narrows. This would be great for blocking off areas in Yavin, or creating a maze on that Yavin plaza.

Tree: Fallen Alderaan Log - Please make this fit on both a Large (as it currently does) and a Medium. It is more than narrow enough to still be able to be picked up from a Medium hook if placed there.

Tree: Fallen Dromund Kaas Log - No change in hook size needed.

Voss Boulder - No change in hook size needed.