Why does Powertech even have a gun?

Calamar

I've been gone for about two years and when I came back I noticed a lot of changes notably 2 new abilities, Energy Burst and Shatter Slug. The descriptions of these sound like they would use your pistol so I admit I was a little excited as we lost unload and only have Rapid Shots as a pistol ability. I was disappointed to find out that SS fires from your wrist and EB is just a recolored Magnetic Blast. I get that the BH is supposed to have a lot of gadgets in his armor but this all in one wrist weapon is getting ridiculous. It feels like all of my attacks are the same animation we need a little something to break it up. We need more attacks that use our fancy pistol.

I've been gone for about two years and when I came back I noticed a lot of changes notably 2 new abilities, Energy Burst and Shatter Slug. The descriptions of these sound like they would use your pistol so I admit I was a little excited as we lost unload and only have Rapid Shots as a pistol ability. I was disappointed to find out that SS fires from your wrist and EB is just a recolored Magnetic Blast. I get that the BH is supposed to have a lot of gadgets in his armor but this all in one wrist weapon is getting ridiculous. It feels like all of my attacks are the same animation we need a little something to break it up. We need more attacks that use our fancy pistol.

Dude... Pt needs far away from ur fancy, outlook changes. Both dps pt specs are useless in all kinds of pvp (including team ranked where only pt tank is viable). The spec is DEAD, and ur writing about useless ability view. No one plays dps pts so who cares?

Dude... Pt needs far away from ur fancy, outlook changes. Both dps pt specs are useless in all kinds of pvp (including team ranked where only pt tank is viable). The spec is DEAD, and ur writing about useless ability view. No one plays dps pts so who cares?

It's not just a problem for DPS Powertechs. Tanks don't get to use their gun for any major abilities either.

• 2 years later...
True, I think people responsible for the current PT need to stop putting more things into left hand wrist because it looks ridiculous for a long time... Weapons. Cyborgs. Droids. Ergonomic chairs. Electromagnetic anti-gravity howitzers. What else they will put into this wrist gadget thing?! Heat Blast once used this fancy blaster shot animation(cowboy style, from the hip) they should return to it. Another skill that could use this animation is rail shot. After changing projectile flame burst could be changed to use pistol(since there are searing wave and flame sweep that already use flamethrower). There are many options to fix this issue... Knowing how devs are working on this game I expect soon pistol will be removed completely and they add another stat stick(wrist cannon proficiency or something). Edited by Davook

• 4 weeks later...
True, I think people responsible for the current PT need to stop putting more things into left hand wrist because it looks ridiculous for a long time... Weapons. Cyborgs. Droids. Ergonomic chairs. Electromagnetic anti-gravity howitzers. What else they will put into this wrist gadget thing?! Heat Blast once used this fancy blaster shot animation(cowboy style, from the hip) they should return to it. Another skill that could use this animation is rail shot. After changing projectile flame burst could be changed to use pistol(since there are searing wave and flame sweep that already use flamethrower). There are many options to fix this issue... Knowing how devs are working on this game I expect soon pistol will be removed completely and they add another stat stick(wrist cannon proficiency or something).

I doubt it.. redoing animations and creating an entire new weapon I just don't see happening. Each faction has their one special weapon (trooper cannon, sniper sniper). And with The Mandalorian being the new norm.. his pistol does nothing but shoot.

• 1 month later...
I doubt it.. redoing animations and creating an entire new weapon I just don't see happening. Each faction has their one special weapon (trooper cannon, sniper sniper). And with The Mandalorian being the new norm.. his pistol does nothing but shoot.

Yeah but he has a flamethrower...

• 5 months later...

it was bad enough they took away true ranged tanking from us way back in the day, then got rid of all the gun abilities...

Abilities like flame burst should come from our pistol, just like ion burst for vanguards comes from their rifle.

pt dps is useless? are you kidding me? your calling the class that can either turbo burst people to death or cleave people to death useless. also pt tank is not viable, whether in group ranked, regs, or solo ranked. jug tank is practically the only viable tank rn for pvp. also saying that no one plays dps pt is kinda ignorant ngl.

pt dps is useless? are you kidding me? your calling the class that can either turbo burst people to death or cleave people to death useless. also pt tank is not viable, whether in group ranked, regs, or solo ranked. jug tank is practically the only viable tank rn for pvp. also saying that no one plays dps pt is kinda ignorant ngl.

Dude, that was a 2018 post, and back then it was very true.

And I think the gun isn't going anywhere cuz Cartel Market. But still, just carrying it without using feel very weird.

Edited by Voroschuk

Abilities like flame burst should come from our pistol, just like ion burst for vanguards comes from their rifle.

Yea, I like that idea, Searing Wave and Flame Sweep is enough for flamethrowing abilities, and Flame Burst can be replaced with some blaster shooting ability with elemental dmg. And if Searing Wave will become a speeded-up Flame Thrower (not a channel, but something like Ravage) it would be even better.

• 2 weeks later...
What should Sages and Sorcs say then? They have exactly the same problem. PT animations are good like this. And about the DPS PT being dead i just wanna say that is not about the DPS output if few ppl plays it, is for the lack of proper defensives and cheese abilities that makes the class an easy target in PVP. Especially AP can still take down enemies in a matter of seconds.

What should Sages and Sorcs say then?

If you ask any sorc/sage main about it you will get 1 of the 3 following responses:

- " I want BW to remove the saber "

- " I'd like to use my lightsaber as a weapon and not as a rave stick "

- " I remember I was confused about it some time ago but now I kind of tolerate it "

• 3 weeks later...

AP PT dps is great for any kind of PvP, it has weak armor, have to mitigate incoming dmg, but the burst dmg can be brutal as mentioned above, know the rotation and defensive/healing cd's timed just right, you will put up big dmg everytime, I play AP PT for pvp all the time

Edited by BladeAX

Shotgun mainhand when? :D I'll even take a straight up Vibro with the pistol as the lesser alternative (like the Blaster vs Sniper/Cannon idea). I love my 4 PTs but man, this has always bothered me.

Nah, Powertech should get tech-staffs and tech-blades, like companions can use.

I mean they are already pretty much a meele-class, with some ranged skills.

Why not give them some Beskars and let them be the Mandos they always wanted to be?