Pvp stats, just expertise or stats in general?

Grisher

Alright, this is not a thread which is meant to complain about class imbalance or anything.

It is merely an inquiry from someonbe who wants more knowledge on the pvp system!

When i started playing this game Bioware claimed that expertise was the primar stat needed in pvp, from what they said you could get the idea that gear without expertise was useless! The purpose of this was to make sure that players doing warzones wouldnt get ganked by someone wearing good raidgear.

Never the less, there are many players using a hybrid gear build from wearing some expertise stuf and the rest from operations. And they do just as good as players wearing primarly expertise stuf, if not better!

So my question is, is bioware ripping of those players who spend most of their time online doing warzones?

Have they made ops gear efective in warzones?

Edited by Grisher

I think the theory crafting jury is still out when it comes to putting a few PvE mods in your gear. The argument is that Expertise has diminishing returns, so sacrificing a few points of expertise to gain other stats can be worthwhile.

I have chosen to use PvE armorings in my belt and bracers, but everything else has expertise. I'm just under 1300 I think.

At the end of the day, the time you spend worrying about these tiny gear differences would be much better spent thinking about becoming a more skillful, aware player.

Hmm...im not worrying my efectivity in pvp might be afected. I am a crap player in warzones and i have no problems admitting it.

What i am worrying about is that the time i spend grinding warzones out, will not be rewarded equal to time spendt! I know the diference from the gearbuilds will not make up for the skills i lack, but like i said...i dont want to spend time on ******** when i could do something more constructive!

Hmm...im not worrying my efectivity in pvp might be afected. I am a crap player in warzones and i have no problems admitting it.

What i am worrying about is that the time i spend grinding warzones out, will not be rewarded equal to time spendt! I know the diference from the gearbuilds will not make up for the skills i lack, but like i said...i dont want to spend time on ******** when i could do something more constructive!

i dont get it. if you dont like PVP and doing WZs is a "grind", then why do you even need any PVP gear?

there really is no diminishing returns on any of the 3 expertise bonuses now.

however, once you are within 2% of the maximum expertise, it becomes somewhat beneficial to swap out a few mods for higher main stat.

And thats what my concerns is about, cause where can you get better mods than the ones in pvp gear? The only mods i know about are the ones dropping in operations. Thats why im wondering if doing operations is more beneftial than it should be. i guess it comes down to how much better the replacemnets mods are. If you get 200 more endurance it will give you an aditionally 2k health! Sounds beneftial enough to me, and when those mods also have strength (if ur a sentinel) and other bonuses it sounds like its worth it.

Edited by Grisher

And thats what my concerns is about, cause where can you get better mods than the ones in pvp gear? The only mods i know about are the ones dropping in operations. Thats why im wondering if doing operations is more beneftial than it should be. i guess it comes down to how much better the replacemnets mods are. If you get 200 more endurance it will give you an aditionally 2k health! Sounds beneftial enough to me, and when those mods also have strength (if ur a sentinel) and other bonuses it sounds like its worth it.

It's not about mods, its about armorings/hilts/power crystals. Once you are full WH, you can trade some of those for the PvE equivelent and push your stats a bit higher and make medpacks and +HP talents, scale a bit better.

You can get LvL 63 PvE (~EWH)ones directly from a crafter, from the GTN, or from Operation drops. I have 5 of these items and I haven't been on a raid in 5-6 months. The easiest way to obtain them is:

1. RE WH gear for Molecular Stabilizers and Synthetic Matrix cubes.

2. Obtain the additional mats in-world, from your own crew skills, or from the GTN,

3. Then going to your server forum and finding a reputable crafter that will make them for you (give em a tip too).

Edited by L-RANDLE

Use power crystals instead of expertise ones because they trade at a 1:1 ratio, and that's pretty much all you need to do.

It's not about mods, its about armorings/hilts/power crystals. Once you are full WH, you can trade some of those for the PvE equivelent and push your stats a bit higher and make medpacks and +HP talents, scale a bit better.

You can get LvL 63 PvE (~EWH)ones directly from a crafter, from the GTN, or from Operation drops. I have 5 of these items and I haven't been on a raid in 5-6 months. The easiest way to obtain them is:

1. RE WH gear for Molecular Stabilizers and Synthetic Matrix cubes.

2. Obtain the additional mats in-world, from your own crew skills, or from the GTN,

3. Then going to your server forum and finding a reputable crafter that will make them for you (give em a tip too).

RE WH gear? Dont think i understand what RE stands for.

RE WH gear? Dont think i understand what RE stands for.

Reverse engineer. If you have a crew skill such as Cybertech/Armormech/Synthweaving/Artifice, you can disassemble WH gear or WH parts(among other PvE items) to get a crafting material called Molecular Stabilizer (They sell on the GTN for upwards of 150,000cr EA) 1 piece of WH gear can potentially net you 3-4 Stabilizers. A "PvE equivelent" piece such as Dread Guard armoring requires 6-8 of these. So you can actually get all the mats without having to raid (which was thought to be the only place Stabilizers were dropping from in-game, and the RE thing was not "discovered" until sometime around September)...

Edited by L-RANDLE

Can you? Didnt know that, will give it a shot:)

Well now you have to decide on whether you want the pieces or the credits? :D

when I found out... I had 42 "junk" WH pieces across two toons since WH was available in 1.2. Using legacy gear, and Bio/Cybertech/Artifice toons, I got the mats to make my own pieces and sold the rest to the tune of 8 million... to date I would suspect I have made over 30 million on stabilizers. I spent alot on legacy unlock for 5 toons though...

5x rocket boots HO!!!!

Edited by L-RANDLE

Well now you have to decide on whether you want the pieces or the credits? :D

when I found out... I had 42 "junk" WH pieces across two toons since WH was available in 1.2. Using legacy gear, and Bio/Cybertech/Artifice toons, I got the mats to make my own pieces and sold the rest to the tune of 8 million... to date I would suspect I have made over 30 million on stabilizers. I spent alot on legacy unlock for 5 toons though...

5x rocket boots HO!!!!

I asume your point is they sell well on the Auction?