Bounty hunter fixes

JackNader

I think death from above should be improved.

Make it Immune to interrupt and NO minimum range.

Give bounty hunters an intercede type abillity or a short jet speed boost that works similar to force speed. They have a jetpack for christs sake. They should be way more mobile than they are.

Edited by JackNader

Is there any reason you want those buffs?

My only issue with the ability is that therre are no talents that are specifically centered around it. It's the class's most iconic ability and there is no real way to improve it. 'Unload' and 'Rail Shot' can get some attention if you like those abilities. The focus tree is all about the 'Force Sweep', but 'Death From Above' is just some AoE ability that both Bounty Hunters get.

Maybe if there were a talent around it.

Also, while I wouldn't change the animation, the whole "fly into the air and rain missles' does really scream out, "Hey! Please interupt me!"

Almost like the Commando Healers 'Big green lazer'.

Make it Immune to interrupt - Disagree

NO minimum range. - Makes sense. Same for trooper mortar. Yeah it sounds silly, but so does being able to call a freighter fly by or orbital strike on your own head with no damage.

Give bounty hunters an intercede type abillity or a short jet speed boost that works similar to force speed. They have a jetpack for christs sake. They should be way more mobile than they are. - Gotta hook up troopers then too.

Edited by Joesixxpack

Well for death from above it has very limited use in pvp and even in pve its kind of a pain in the *** to line up on stuff that is right next to you.

As for immune to interrupt... Ravage is immune to interrupt and its on a 30 second cooldown. All sniper abilities are immune to interrupt. Tankassassin HD is immune to interrupt. Death from above is on a 1 minute cooldown. I don't think it is unreasonable at all to actually give bounty hunters the ability to cast it free from interrupt given its lengthy cooldown.

Obviously the mirror class gets the added benefits. I would really like to see more mobility out of the bh/trooper classes. Would make huttball far more interesting having mercs etc carrying the ball lol!

Edited by JackNader

By all means give Commandos a passive talent to make it uninterruptable.

Vanguards, however, don't need any fixes or additional tools. Tanks maybe (in PvP) but their problems won't be fixed by an uninterruptable Mortar Volley.

I personally would like the bounty hunter to have a reason to use missile blast. It has a hight heat cost and does little damage, so has little use. Now, if it had a snare, or a root was attached to it, I would mix it in to the rotation in pvp a lot more.

By all means give Commandos a passive talent to make it uninterruptable.

Vanguards, however, don't need any fixes or additional tools. Tanks maybe (in PvP) but their problems won't be fixed by an uninterruptable Mortar Volley.

I do MV with my vanguard, but that's just as a quick interrupt on multiple targets. whether or not it's interruptable is kind of moot. I can't imagine it changing vg dps at all. that also means vg's don't need the uninterruptable buff.

mercs/commandos really need full auto/unload to be uninterruptable. it can, however, proc a lot in the middle tree, so that might make it a lot worse than ravage. my argument would be that for FA to really do dmg, you'd have to put 3 grav rounds on the target first, which is an awful lot of prep work as pvp goes.

I don't think it would have much effect on assault commandos. they'd still be CC'able. so, like ravage, you can still "interrupt" at a higher cost (resolve).

there's just a ton of stuff you could do to commandos that seems reasonable. iunno where to start. lol