Vote for what you want most for future content...Pick up to 5  

15,252 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for what you want most for future content...Pick up to 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 908
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great poll. I hope this helps guide the devs into some insight for what to work on next for us.

Its actually kind of funny: on the one hand, if the poll results happen to reflect what the devs actually want to do, then they point to them and say "see, we're doing what the community wants!". On the other hand, if the poll results show something that the devs dont want to do, then they say "only a very small percent of the players actually read the forums, so the results do not reflect what the majority of the playerbase wants". Its pretty comical :o

Its actually kind of funny: on the one hand, if the poll results happen to reflect what the devs actually want to do, then they point to them and say "see, we're doing what the community wants!". On the other hand, if the poll results show something that the devs dont want to do, then they say "only a very small percent of the players actually read the forums, so the results do not reflect what the majority of the playerbase wants". Its pretty comical :o

Well, aside from the poll bias, this is at the very least a statistically significant sample. All that was really needed was about 1000 replies for a plus or minus 2 variability scale. So.. they can say what they want, but the number of responses make it a data point worthy of investigation at the very least.

Well, aside from the poll bias, this is at the very least a statistically significant sample. All that was really needed was about 1000 replies for a plus or minus 2 variability scale. So.. they can say what they want, but the number of responses make it a data point worthy of investigation at the very least.

If the people on the forums were actually a true representation of the overall playerbase, sure. But human nature is such that people are *more likely* to be vocal when they are upset about something than they are when they are happy. So what that means is, the forums of any game are always going to have a higher percent of people who are unhappy about *something* than the overall playerbase. Because of that, the forums can never be a truly accurate representation of the overall playerbase. The only way to get that kind of info is with an in game poll(which Bioware certainly has the means to do, but apparently not the will).

If the people on the forums were actually a true representation of the overall playerbase, sure. But human nature is such that people are *more likely* to be vocal when they are upset about something than they are when they are happy. So what that means is, the forums of any game are always going to have a higher percent of people who are unhappy about *something* than the overall playerbase. Because of that, the forums can never be a truly accurate representation of the overall playerbase. The only way to get that kind of info is with an in game poll(which Bioware certainly has the means to do, but apparently not the will).

There is poll bias, but you are missing my point. Given the over all population of players, the number of responses or the sample is significant. That is all that is needed to make something relevant. It doesn't make it accurate, it makes it a point of investigation.

In all fairness it has been done in the market now, more than once. So it's not as odd a request as it used to be.

So you want SWToR players to wait around for the next 7 year waiting on that "new engine" like the players of Anarchy Online have?

Or would you rather the players be given 7 years of content in that time?

By the way, graphical upgrades such as LotRO and WoW have done over the years =/= new engine.

You can count the number of mmos that have had actual new engines added on one hand with fingers left over.

So yes, it is just as odd to request it now as it has always been.

Edited by Zorvan

I hadn't considered the forums not being representative of the player population as a whole and you have some other good insights as well. Particularly your mention of an in game poll sounds excellent; I wonder if your idea has ever been brought to the attention of the devs. The players guiding the devs on where to take the game next seems like a win/win. We get what we want and the devs don't have to stress too much about what will make their players happy. :rak_03:

I voted for PvP, Class Story, Ops, mini-games, and space content.

PvP and Ops because they're challenging and tons of fun. Space content because pew pew pew, and minigames because they add immersions and give us a few moments we spend not killing everyone and everything around us.

Now, as for class stories, it's because that's what's good for the MMO. When they released it, it was with the advertisement that this was gonna be the best storylines in any MMO. It was gonna be our "Personal Star Wars Saga". Needless to say, that has attracted a ton of people from the single player crowd, who are only here for the Star Warsy stories.

Maybe if during release they had different goals, this would not be a priority. However they decided to cater to people that like single-player storylines. They have to keep these players, because they're gonna be the most loyal. Class stories are the main unique thing about SWTOR, the one thing that sets it apart from the majority of other MMOs (aside from the SW in the title :p ). They have to keep releasing new personal storylines to keep that playerbase happy.

Not at the cost of other MMO-features of course, I still think endgame should be a major priority, but Class Stories should be up there as well.

I wish more life on my ship. My Crew stand just holes in the air. In me3 Bioware show us, they can bring some kind of Life in a ship. Why not here. Some ne voices and conversations. Damn... let them walk around and Talk to each other. Just a bit for the begining. My crew stand just there, every time on same pos. Oh no, thats not true. Sometimes hang out some time in my cargo bay:eek:

The Walking Crew... sad, very sad only