How to kill Bonethrasher in HM???

Hello, we do it the following way :

We spread out in all the room, when he targets you, you should not move, juste take his cleave, but everyone else got to be on his back or very far from him. the fact is if you turn while he casts his cleave, he turns with you and cleaves every body in front of him. Only one personne should be hit by the cleave, not more.

(Sorry for my spelling mistakes, i was just cheking the english forums and found that topic, so i tryed to help)

We spread out in all the room, when he targets you, you should not move, juste take his cleave, but everyone else got to be on his back or very far from him. the fact is if you turn while he casts his cleave, he turns with you and cleaves every body in front of him. Only one personne should be hit by the cleave, not more.

(Sorry for my spelling mistakes, i was just cheking the english forums and found that topic, so i tryed to help)

i see, still in OPs now, gonna give it a few tries.

so how do you position your guys when the adds (not his food) come?

You just cc the adds. Make sure people don't use aoe abilities. Have people assigned to cc them throughout the rest of the fight. Sorcs cc's end just as they come off cooldown. BH mercs cc cooldown is actually shorter than the length of the cc, so it's really easy to keep the cats cc'd if a bh merc is doing it.

After Bonethrasher is dead, kill the cats.

We dont have a real position when that happens, we just stay spread as much as possible and focus the same target (we put a sign on one of them) this is the hardest fase of the fight, you have to dps the adds but keep in ming that the boss is still here, so nothing changes, you tell your healers when you are focus and they keep you up when you take the cleave, and everyone else far from the boss.

You just cc the adds. Make sure people don't use aoe abilities. Have people assigned to cc them throughout the rest of the fight. Sorcs cc's end just as they come off cooldown. BH mercs cc cooldown is actually shorter than the length of the cc, so it's really easy to keep the cats cc'd if a bh merc is doing it.

After Bonethrasher is dead, kill the cats.

i see. still in fight. but we just discovered that we can push the cats to the acid. gonna try that in the next try.

This, plus move closer to middle if he targets you so you don't get knocked off.

Tell one person in your op to use alt+T (target of target) to see who the boss is targeting and call out that player's name. Whoever get targeted stay one place or keep the boss far from the others,this will help with the confusion and postion. Sorry for my bad English :) .

Our guild spreads out in a semi circle from the front of the boss. We've done this 2 ways: A) had both healers on opposite ends and stayed there, B) Being a sage I moved around avoiding swings and kept the other healer in the center of the semi circle. For me the movment worked better than staying still but however you go about doing it.

If he targets someone they should move to mid but not run through him. moving closer prevents getting knocked off and also keeps the swipe away from others around the targeted member(They should strafe left or right just in case to avoid the swipe when the targeted member runs inwards).

If you keep the semi circle going then you will only have to watch one side or the other(if doing it way *A* then Gamorrean guards will spawn by the healers and at 50% same spots for the two adds) When the two cat adds spawn we went about it by killing one and CCing the other near the ledge and left until boss is down(If you dps them both down you lose a LOT of time off the boss).

Another ability to take note and EXTREME caution over is the "Slam" where he pummels you into the ground, the one targeted gets a debuff that will make them take increased damage from swipe and the aoe slam. It WILL kill them in one hit while the debuff is on the target if not a tank.

We used one tank for this fight and only had 2 melee(one dps other was the tank) Rest were ranged.

If your group has more melee and the boss is kept near the middle they need to face the boss away from the raid(if you still have your semi-circle then you face the boss opposite way.) and have the targeted one eat it.

This is a bit all over the place but should help if followed. We did hit the enrage a few times and it CAN be lived through the only issue is his AoE slam will wipe the group. Sage shielded and topped off can survive and kite/dps him down to save the fight if the boss is at 5%(I'm healing sage and did this almost during one attempt...got him to about 1%).

I hope this helps on giving you some ideas.

OMG!!! i *********** hate this!!!

rakata smuggler gear dropped, none of us are smugglers!!! **** this they gotta fix this what's the point?????!!!

Random drops are random ;P

If it makes you feel better...all JK gear dropped off him for us on tuesday and the only JK in the guild won it all xD. He's our MT and has both columi/rakata tank and dps sets ready.

Edited by Ainrehtea

Okay, here are a few tips to make it easier next time:

You have to assign the 4 ranged DPS to each of the metalsockets, that look into the room. The players stand before the inner side of them.

Reason: You want Bonetrasher to run as much as possible, but also to control the fight as much as you can.

When one of your DPSers get targeted, the player moves 10-15 meter into the room, so he lands on the outer ring, and not in the acid, when he/she gets knocked back.

If he does the slam where you get the damage debuff, they have to move too, otherwise he will kill them!

The DPSers tell the healers when they are focused, and its easy to heal the damage out.

Now, the tank, melee and the 2 healers spread out in the room, but try to stay centered, so they are not likely to get knocked off.

Depending if there are many others next to them, they should stand still, or run away if focused.

When you start to control the fight more and more, you will see progression!

For the adds: We have 2 Commandos assigned for the cats, and they are on the left and right static position of the gates where they come out. Both our healers are Sages, so we assign one for each of the cats, for the rare occasions, when one of the Commandos is dead.

We normally mark em, so if something happens the healer knows within a second which one he is assigned to, if he has to help out with the cc.

Extra tip: When someone gets kicked into the acid, he has a chance to jump on the panels if he/she is lucky. When they manage to do this, your Sages can pull them into the arena again! Helped us many times!

Edited by Silberfalke

Okay, here are a few tips to make it easier next time:

You have to assign the 4 ranged DPS to each of the metalsockets, that look into the room. The players stand before the inner side of them.

Reason: You want Bonetrasher to run as much as possible, but also to control the fight as much as you can.

When one of your DPSers get targeted, the player moves 10-15 meter into the room, so he lands on the outer ring, and not in the acid, when he/she gets knocked back.

If he does the slam where you get the damage debuff, they have to move too, otherwise he will kill them!

The DPSers tell the healers when they are focused, and its easy to heal the damage out.

Now, the tank, melee and the 2 healers spread out in the room, but try to stay centered, so they are not likely to get knocked off.

Depending if there are many others next to them, they should stand still, or run away if focused.

When you start to control the fight more and more, you will see progression!

For the adds: We have 2 Commandos assigned for the cats, and they are on the left and right static position of the gates where they come out. Both our healers are Sages, so we assign one for each of the cats, for the rare occasions, when one of the Commandos is dead.

We normally mark em, so if something happens the healer knows within a second which one he is assigned to, if he has to help out with the cc.

Extra tip: When someone gets kicked into the acid, he has a chance to jump on the panels if he/she is lucky. When they manage to do this, your Sages can pull them into the arena again! Helped us many times!

ah i see. ya range dps have immense advantage over melee, we only have 2 range DPS it makes it extremely hard.