Darth Malgus VS Darth Malak

Microidz

No I am not discounting the "story" of TOR, I am discounting the statistics. When the Imperial player classes fight with Revan at around level, what 30-35? Revan is by no means at the peak of his powers, need I remind you that The Emperor has been leaching off Revan's power for the last 300 hundred plus years? Beside that fact, there is no way a level 50 in this game, could ever be comparred to a level 20 Revan in KOTOR. Levels are just numbers, they do not determine the power of a character in a continuety. The player classes being at thier peak when fighting Malgus, does not equal the peak of Revan's or Malak's power.

Therefore Malak wins hands down, for being more powerful than Revan before he was converted back to the light, and Revan being more powerful than Malgus could ever be.

Epic necro is epic.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Darth Malgus hands down wins this fight , hes kinda like Revan and Malek put into one character .

Malgus is a skilled Combatant , who will aggressively attackyou and eventually disarm you and proceed to kill you before you even knew what happened .

Malgus would kill his own mother without a single thought to do otherwise , as he did his injured Master and his wife who he himself credited his only weakness .

Darth Revan was playing with Malek when he took his jaw , Malgus would not play at all with Malek .

To me Malgus looks like Malek taken to the extremes .

I do not even see how this is even a matchup , Malek was a pawn who barely had time as leader of his Empire he took by luck from Revan .

I like Malek , I thought his scenes where worth watching but Malgus is a beast .

Personally, i think this would be a good fight (Malak would do better than Lord Adrass thats for sure), judging power id say Malak surpassed Revan as a Sith but was weaker than him as a jedi in regards to Malak. Malgus id give him an edge over some DC members simply due to his accomplishments alone. Id have to give the nod to Malgus simply cause while both fight like brutes trying to overpower there opponents Malgus has shown superior skills in that category in terms of entering a Rage with the dark side to supress pain and also being able to achieve Oneness with the Dark Side. As for Revan vs Malgus that would depend. Revan as a sith would definitely lose to Malgus, Revan as a jedi would probably lose to Malgus (60%Mal, 40%Revan) but i wouldnt count him out by any means i think it would be a good fight), Revan Reborn would beat Malgus in my opinion and heres why. Malgus wasnt on the dark council (albeit he could prob beat at least 4-6 of em but overall theyre the strongest sith in the empire apart from the emperor) Revan at FP easily beat Darth Nyriss (a DC member who had just whupped the Exile and Scourge easily) and claimed she was nothing. Also the emperor had killed about 9DC members at once with his power easily. When Revan took him on he was able to hold his own for a time, the emperor actually feared for his life for the 1st time (a much better fight than the DC for sure. Even Malgus waited for the emperor's apparent death to betray the empire)

You've actually proved that he didn't take the time to do his research. Based on that alone, I'd declare the novel N-canon. You don't take a character that you didn't create and kill them off. It's not something you do as an author. Now if he was cleared to do so, then that might be different.

Anyway, I agree with you :D

LOL, Aurbere, reading this thread i realised that you are the biggest Revan hater of this forum and also a big hypocrite!!

Following your line of thought, Luke should be the weakest jedi ever. Since the movies are the most canon something can get, and in the movies he's just a kid with a lightsaber that only feat is beat his weak, old, robotic and forgiving father.

Like you, I'll consider anything regarded family skywalker besides the movies as N-canon (which should be since it don't even make sense if we compare the power lvl of movie chars and they in EU and all other SW characters) and so luke would be beated like a little girl by any EU character. lol

Like all threads in this forum, the subject changes to Revan. He IS one of the most powerfull force users of his and all times. Aside from the movies characters, there's a few that would be better than him, like the sith emperor (only in force power) and a lot of others that's as powerfull as he is.

That being said, Revan would beat Malgus easily. Malgus COULD be better in a lightsaber combat (although we don't know exactly how's Revan lightsaber fight, just that it is very good from KOTOR) but there's no way he have more force powers or wisdom to win a fight with Revan.

Back to the topic, i think it would be a though fight between Malgus and Malak, but i think Malgus advantage in lightsaber combat would make him victorious, since i think both have the same force power.

LOL, Aurbere, reading this thread i realised that you are the biggest Revan hater of this forum and also a big hypocrite!!

An unnecessary and futile personal attack. Congratulations sir. You win the petty insults award.

Edit: Now note that later I say that I have accepted the Revan novel as canon. Just that I would make it non-canon for trampling canon. But that's not the point.

Edited by Aurbere

Opinion has nothing to do with a canonical battle with both in their primes.

Malgus was a dominant force user who faced off against the best champions the Empire had and was only beaten when he was knocked down a reactor shaft.

He achieved oneness with the Dark Side of the Force, he was so powerful that Satele Shan was scared to face him ever again, the same woman who was the much more powerful descendant of Revan and Bastila mind you, she could take out Harrower-class Dreadnoughts, could use tutaminis on whim, had visions and precognition never seen before, a battle meditation that could span an entire sector and much more.

Malgus was completely focused on his goals and did not have any of the arrogance or fool-hardiness of other Sith, you know the really scary thought of what the Sith could be if they didn't riddle themselves with infighting? that's Darth Malgus.

He wasn't just praised by the Empire though, Darth Sidious himself praised Darth Malgus as one of the greatest Sith combatants on record and told Vader that he should model himself after him, not Bane or any of the others like Vader, but Malgus.

This post is old but it brings a tear to my eye since its so awesome. I even agree that even wrath and nox could take on malak or revan and win going by the story.

Edited by lokdron

Except, ya know, Satele was never proven to be "much more powerful" than Revan. Also to note, Foundry was a lv37 Flashpoint. So players were generally between 36-40 when going in there. That, of course, doesn't really matter. And the idea that Nox or the Wrath could take him solo, is just bollocks as well. Especially when, as far as it is concerned, it took the both of them plus Cipher 9 and the Great Hunt Champion together to overcome Revan, and we still don't know if he really died or not.

And, btw, Satele never wants to "fight anyone". That's just how she is. Noted in the Black Talon. She wants to avoid fighting whenever possible. Could she take down Malgus now? Can't say. Her main strength wasn't melee combat. It was projection of the Force. And while Malgus is powerful in the Dark Side, his main strength is still melee.

Now, as for who'd win between Malgus and Malak? I would say Malgus. Malak was skilled and powerful, but the bulk of his power at the end came from the StarForge. Prior to being killed by Revan there, Malak does have several previous losses in combat. One was to Sith Lord Revan when Malak first disobeyed him and lost his jaw as a result. Prior to falling to the Dark Side, Malak/Alek had trained/sparred with Jarael and she always bested him. And she's not Force Sensitive in any major way. Doesn't even have precog.

While Malak may have been one of the greater fighters of his day, he's never really bested any major players one-on-one, with maybe the exception of Bastila.

Except, ya know, Satele was never proven to be "much more powerful" than Revan. Also to note, Foundry was a lv37 Flashpoint. So players were generally between 36-40 when going in there. That, of course, doesn't really matter. And the idea that Nox or the Wrath could take him solo, is just bollocks as well. Especially when, as far as it is concerned, it took the both of them plus Cipher 9 and the Great Hunt Champion together to overcome Revan, and we still don't know if he really died or not.

Also to be fair, it was stated Revan wasnt as powerful as he once was after the Emperor drained alot of him away...

But in this case IMO Malgus destroys Malak.

• 2 weeks later...

Malak gets sheer intimidation factor. Pointing to Taris and intoning, "Wipe this pathetic planet from the face of the galaxy." Taris was a metroplanet on a par with Coruscant, and this guy obliterates it simply because an enemy might escape from the surface of the planet before he can capture her. He was THE original Vader rip-off, and he did it well.

When I first saw Malgus in the trailers, I thought, "Gee, is this Malak's little brother or something?"

Malak fought against Revan, and defeated him in personal combat once, and nearly won again on the Star Forge. This is the same Revan who was shown to have made the Emperor fear for his life, the Emperor whom Malgus was afraid to even cross remotely.

I think it would certainly be a close fight, given the similarity of their fighting styles, and their mastery of the dark side seems about equal (Malak did discover how to unlock the more... interesting powers of the Star Forge) but the edge must go to Malak.

It seems like people are too ready to laugh at him because they've seen Malgus' fancy fighting moves in the newer game, but based on how powerful Malak must have been in his day and age, this fight would be extremely tight.

Too many Malgus fanboys here. Too many ppl underestimating Malak. I like them both, they have personality and both had amazing V.A. Both are very stereotypical bald bad guys. Personally i consider Malgus weak if he couldn't bear with having to deal with a wife and had to kill her.

Malak on the other hand turned Bastilla to the dark side. Hell even look at Malak's clothing. It's more menacing, looking like a true duelist.