I want Pve gear without killing bosses

Since grinding for pvp gear no longer even requires winning, i want to know what operation i can join to go and wipe on bosses without downing one and get my rakata anyway. You dont have to win why should i?

So tired of bioware loving on pve and loling at pvp

You get PvE gear for questing, and leveling up....

you get Flashpoint gear for doing flashpoints

you get Operation gear for doing operations

you get PvP gear for playing in PvP..

what's the problem? you get gear for the activity you want to do, by doing that activity.

OK, i'll bite.

Is this meant to be sarcasm? Only you're making a point about being able to get PVP gear just by participating, then turn around in your last sentence by berating BW for loving PVE and laughing at PVP?

You may want to edit to make more sense. Right now, there is none.

Since grinding for pvp gear no longer even requires winning, i want to know what operation i can join to go and wipe on bosses without downing one and get my rakata anyway. You dont have to win why should i?

Since PVP balancing has in almost every respect made pve concealment operatives and bodyguard mercenaries either quit or reroll to other overpopulated classes your argument is misguided at best.

Since PVP balancing has in almost every respect made pve concealment operatives and bodyguard mercenaries either quit or reroll to other overpopulated classes your argument is misguided at best.

Off topic, but if you have people doing that, they need their heads examined. We have one Scoundrel putting up healthy numbers, compared to a Watchman Sentinel & Hybrid Balance Sage, every week. Also, our two best healers (and the ones we full cleared EC HM with in the first 24 hours of patch 1.2's release) are Commandos.

Reports of their death are greatly exaggerated.

You get PvE gear for questing, and leveling up....

you get Flashpoint gear for doing flashpoints

you get Operation gear for doing operations

you get PvP gear for playing in PvP..

what's the problem? you get gear for the activity you want to do, by doing that activity.

Heres the problem...

You get Flashpoint gear for completing (winning) flashpoints

You get Operation gear for completing (winning) operations

You get PvP gear for PARTICIPATING in pvp

if i go into a warzone and get my teeth kicked in and we lose 6-0 i get rewarded.

if i go into an operation and wipe on the first boss for 2 hours i get nothing because i did not win.

so its okay to fail hard at pvp but not pve?

Edited by zyphre

Grind dailies every week and get one Black Hole piece a month.

Rakata belt and bracers can be crafted.

Rakata-level BoE mods drop in Operations.

Campaign gear can be REed and sold.

So there's your answer. You can pretty much get BIS for every slot in PvE without ever doing an Operation. Wasn't the answer you were looking for though was it?

Yes let's make it so only the winners in PvP receive the rewards. that way only the good players can receive the advantage to win the next time around! I'm sure the rest will continue to enjoy that unfair advantage, with little hope of reaching that goal themselves.....

only giving winners gear seems to work in pve

Well, considering PvE is player vs bot (you know, the thing that doesn't change it's tactic and really should be easy to kill to begin with) I see no problem with that.

PvP being player vs player, adds that aspect of randomness into it so a win may not even be possible depening on what the match-up is like. Without offering a minimal reward to the loser, this problem would just avalanche out of control. Winners will get stronger and those left be hind get more of a disadvantage.

When you die in PvE the boss doesn't get harder the next time around.

Well, considering PvE is player vs bot[...]When you die in PvE the boss doesn't get harder the next time around.

The typical PvP mumbo jumbo about "unpredictability", etc...

No I don't want to have the "loot piñata" PvP is on this game on PvE... I want to be rewarded for execution and effort and coming home with a good repair bill if I fail...

...Not to pretend you do something (To avoid AFK kick) and then grind your way to success without actually having to bother to perform on your activity.

But it's the kind of PvP player SWTOR is catering to... The ones lacking the will to dedicate any energies to get anything acomplished (That's why you can also laugh hard at the "requirements" to craft PvP augmented gear... Compared to gear for PvE which is basically a tribute to how much the Devs expect PvP players to get "involved" into anything else than sit there waiting for the next queue to pop up).

I just demand that PvP gear got in the "loot piñata" invest more item budget into expertise (And expertise effect improved) so it becomes weaker on PvE so, in turn, I don't need to deal with "PvP heros" that may think their "hard earned" gear can get them into any form of high-end PvE.

It will be very important so when 1.3 anonymous Dungeoneering arrives... The PvP dressed players underperform as badly in PvE dressed ones do ATM on WZ... Because ofc, they can't believe that lacking any kind of practice on PvE encounters have any impact on the outcome of their runs and... We don't want to mix gear between activities, right?

Edited by ragamer

Yes let's make it so only the winners in PvP receive the rewards. that way only the good players can receive the advantage to win the next time around! I'm sure the rest will continue to enjoy that unfair advantage, with little hope of reaching that goal themselves.....

This. This. This.

Can you imagine how unfair it would be to reward the #1 overall pick to the Super Bowl Champions? Or when the offense scores a touchdown they get the ball back?

This isn't about "rewarding for losing." It has everything to do with giving people a chance to catch up, so they're not routinely rolled by people who have vastly more expertise.

only giving winners gear seems to work in pve

Because PvP and PvE are fundamentally different systems, and trying to make the two identical just leaves you with a horrible, horrible mess. You really shouldn't call finishing an Operation winning at all, because that implies someone actually lost.

PvP is a true competition. PvE is not. I'm not arguing the merits of one system or the other (You also can't win in a PnP RPG, but that doesn't detract from their merits).