The Prequels

Maldayn

I was never a big fan of Star Wars, but anyone who watches the original trilogy, well they enjoy it, and enjoy them I did.

The prequels... well, I could never get why I didn't like the prequels so much. They never grabbed my attention, and I never had the urge to watch them again. To my amazement, I found out why it just felt like something wasn't right, and this man tells me why:

http://redlettermedia.com/plinkett/star-wars/star-wars-episode-1-the-phantom-menace/

Very, very highly recommended watch. Entertaining to boot.

• 5 months later...
I was never a big fan of Star Wars, but anyone who watches the original trilogy, well they enjoy it, and enjoy them I did.

The prequels... well, I could never get why I didn't like the prequels so much. They never grabbed my attention, and I never had the urge to watch them again. To my amazement, I found out why it just felt like something wasn't right, and this man tells me why:

http://redlettermedia.com/plinkett/star-wars/star-wars-episode-1-the-phantom-menace/

Very, very highly recommended watch. Entertaining to boot.

I don't like the Prequels either.

They were so full of flaws.

Well, to me they did.

I like both trilogies. Shocking I know, but I'll tell you why I like them. I like the OT for the story-telling and the PT for the action scenes. The PT was mainly about the action catering to the newer more violent generation. Everybody has their own opinions and it's nice to see people voice them. Whether you like PT or OT or both.

The novelizations of the Prequels made them tolerable for me, but for the most part I agree. I feel no need to watch Anakin go all emo/nerdRAGE again. Hayden is a decent actor sometimes, when he has good direction. George's direction, however, wasn't very good in the Prequels. And he even admits he sucks at writing dialogue. It is what it is.

Original OT is my favorite Trilogy. Not the latest remake, but the Original. Every once in a while, I'll pop in the first re-release for the added scenes, but the best was where Han Shot. No reaction shot from Greedo. Yet even in the first re-release, RotJ was still pretty much intact with no Hayden at the end defiling that third ghost spot, and without the Frankenvader NOOOOOOOO!!!! when throwing Palpatine over the railing.

It's my view that Classic movies shouldn't be tampered with. Or if they are, at least give the fans a choice as to which ones they prefer. If the latest Blu-Ray had included the Original OT along with the latest remakes, I don't think anyone would complain.... ok, scratch that. SOMEONE would complain. But it wouldn't have been near as many as now.