Kaggath Tournament - Felonious Empire vs Dark Imperium

Beniboybling

“No game of dejarik can be won without pawns...”

Round 3: The Felonious Empire vs The Dark Imperium

Welcome to the third heat of the ‘Kaggath Tournament’. In this second series the competition will be pitting the power bases of player made factions against each other in an epic tournament-style extravaganza.

The last battle, The Sol’yc Empire vs Krayt’s Vision, was even closer than the last. But through the tactical mastery of the Mandalorian leaders, the Sol’yc Empire overcame their disadvantages and defeated Krayt’s Vision in an epic final showdown. But onto round three.

For all those of you aren’t aware, the Kaggath is an ancient rite of the Sith, ‘one part duel, one part large-scale dejarik-match’. The two combatants have full use of their power bases, be it armies, strongholds or fleets, in order to outwit and outmanoeuvre their opponent. The Kaggath is no simple lightsaber duel, although it can come down to one, and the arena can be anywhere: a planet, star system or the entire galaxy.

Before we begin, let’s set out the ground rules of the Heats.

• The arena: the known galaxy.
  • Only those incorporated in the listed in the faction compilations below can take part in the Kaggath.
  • No outside help of any kind, the combatants cannot call upon assets outside their power base or influence.
  • No outside involvement, other powers will not and cannot interrupt or affect the battle, for the purpose of argument they are non-existent.
  • No surrender, fight to the death!
  • Technology level is universal (unless considered archaic or advanced at the time): blaster fire, armouring, lightsabers etc. are all the same regardless of period, all that matters is size, quantity and power.
  • Factions are autonomous – players have no control over their factions decisions, this is determined by the nature of their leadership.

So, the combatants: Canino has submitted the Felonious Empire, a sinister pact forged between the scum and villainy of the criminal underworld and the iron fist of an empire. While Selenial has submitted a shadowy ensemble of assassins, schemers and Sith. Behold the factions!

The Felonious Empire

Leadership

Head of State: Darth Vader

Second-in-Command: Aruk the Great

Allies: Kir Kanos & Aurra Sing

Supplier: InterGalactic Banking Clan

Military

Minor Ground Force: Sun Guard Legion & Emperor’s Royal Guard

Navy: Zann Consortium Navy

Planets

Capital: Bastion

Supply Base: Muunilinst

Stronghold/Military Base: Yinchorr

Stronghold/Military Base: Mygeeto

Shipyards: Yaga Minor

vs

The Dark Imperium

Leadership

Head of State: Darth Traya

Second-in-Command: Admiral Trench

Allies: Lord Cronal & HK-47

Supplier: Santhe/Sienar Technologies

Military

Minor Ground Force: Shadow Stormtrooper Legion & Sith Assassins

Major Naval Force: Open Circle Fleet & Malgus’ Stealth Fleet

Planets

Capital: Raxus Secundus

Supply Base: Raxus Prime

Stronghold/Military Base: Malachor V

Stronghold/Military Base: Saleucami

Shipyards: Bonadan

The Felonious Empire has imperial supremacy and underworld influence while the Dark Imperium has the advantage of the shadows – but who is greater, who will win? The battle lines have been drawn...

Let the Kaggath begin!

Edited by Beniboybling

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to begin by stating what I think The Dark Imperium would do, tactically.

The Open Circle fleet would be split up to guard the planets most exposed to Canino's forces combined with Santhe/Sienar tech's incredible fleet forces, while Malgus' Stealth fleet would sit in the shadows, preparing to strike, and Guarding a few planets, leaving Canino's forces in the dark about how many Ships i truly have guarding.

Traya would sit at Malachor, with Trench leading the bulk of my offence fleet. Traya can hijack peoples minds from Lightyears away, strengthened by Malachor. She'd be communicating with Trench, Knowing the Enemy's tactics and advising him on Leadership locations.

Note: Santhe/Sienar Technologies have the Mini-Bug-Assassin droids, as I'm calling them, So all it would take would be a small ship to break the fleet and plant them on the Planet with some sith assassins... And.... Well.... *Drags finger across Neck*

Anyway, G2G, back soon, someone argue for me :D

Ok intial thoughts, I do not know that the FE has enough overall might to hit the hidden DI forces hard enough or faster enough to really gain ground, what I am looking at here if I am not mistaken the 2 of them are both in the outer rim but fairly far apart which I see playing to the DI's hand a bit better since with the stealthy ships and being so far apart she gets plenty of time to prep and move about essentially making every move she makes from that point on completely unknown to her opponent and yet she may be able to see everything they do. That's all I am willing to say at the moment. will come back when I have more sleep and more info.

I have more sleep and more info.

Eh, I've forgone sleep at this point. Anywho...

I see an issue that DI will have to overcome. A lot of FE's forces are gear to being defensive (Sun Guard, Imperial Guard, Kir Kanos), especially against a lot of what I see DI bringing to the table.

Also, the two aren't 'core' close, but if my internal map is correct they are fairly close by galactic/out rim standards.

I love Sel's choice of Malgus's stealth fleet for this though especially with Santhe/Sienar Technologies

Trench also knows how to hunt cloaked ships so the Zann Consortium Navy will suffer a bit from that. However, on that topic I think the Zann Consortium has an advantage with the Mass Driver cannons. Those will be huge.

Vader vs. Traya. If FE gets to Malachor it might come to this. I think we can honestly say Vader would kick her to the curb (he'd draw on the same DS nexus). I think DI would like to kill Vader from a distance if at all possible. Edit: dang it Warren, beating me to it...

Though I see Traya possibly converting Sing. Sing is known as being pretty grey with a lot of DS influences, and Traya is the same way.

That's all I have for now. I'll be back later once I brush up on this. I honestly don't know as much about these guys as I should.

Edited by StarSquirrel

Alright, since Sel decided to do a tactical standing of her faction, I will do the same.

Aurk will stay on Bastion, for more or less the entire Kaggath, there is no reason to move him. From the Bastion, he can use his charisma in propaganda to sway the underworld into supporting me, if they aren't already. Vader will likely lead the battle, seeing his tactical mind and fear to push the assault when needed.

With the underworld on my side, it stands to reason all of my ships would be modified as much as possible to make them more deadly than ever. Also, do I get the Eclipse?

With the IGBC, I have basically infinite credits, coupled with the money from the Besadii Kajidic. Aruk would hire every bounty hunter, assassin, and spy in the galaxy to find and attack your faction. That adds up very quickly. Plus hailfire droids.

Finally, I have the physiological edge. I have, as my ruler, perhaps the most feared man in the galaxy (excluding the Emperor). I also have the Sun Guard, who where feared by all, and the Royal Guard, also terrifying. Are the DI's assassins going to want to risk there life in fighting troops that are so scary?

Just the point with Traya and Sing. While the have a similar alignment, Vader and her connect. Vader is the greatest Jedi killer ever seen. He also killed Sing's master, who she HATED. And finally, Sing trained as an Imperial agent under Vader.

So I don't see a defection happening. Vader and Sing are a good pair- that's why I picked them.

Just the point with Traya and Sing. While the have a similar alignment, Vader and her connect. Vader is the greatest Jedi killer ever seen. He also killed Sing's master, who she HATED. And finally, Sing trained as an Imperial agent under Vader.

So I don't see a defection happening. Vader and Sing are a good pair- that's why I picked them.

Cool, nice planning. Otherwise I don't see any defections or conversions in this match.

Are the DI's assassins going to want to risk there life in fighting troops that are so scary?

I don't think the assassins have a choice. They seem to be rather fearless or even braindead.

However.

The Sun Guard are a perfect, and I mean perfect, match for the Sith Assassins. Sun Guard have infrared and ultraviolet vision through their helmets, which renders any stealth the assassins try to employ useless. Not only that, but Sun Guards are also masters of close combat, unparalleled at least by any other force in this Kaggath. With the Sith Assassin's element of surprise gone and their opponents wielding similar weapons but with higher skill, the Sun Guard will easily beat the assassins.

Also, Sun Guards aren't Force Sensitive. So the assassins won't gain any power from them.

Cool, nice planning. Otherwise I don't see any defections or conversions in this match.

Thank you. You do have some vaild points though, especially fleet wise. However, I don't know what would happen in a Trench vs. Vader situation. Vader beat Trench once, but Trench is very cunning. I'll need to think on it.

Finally, I have the physiological edge. I have, as my ruler, perhaps the most feared man in the galaxy (excluding the Emperor). I also have the Sun Guard, who where feared by all, and the Royal Guard, also terrifying. Are the DI's assassins going to want to risk there life in fighting troops that are so scary?
They live on a planet that later became synonymous with hell filled with storm beasts, noxious gas and the overwhelming weight of the dark side. Existing alongside a manipulative witch, a man who looks like he sleeps with vibroblades and a living black hole in the Force.

If anything its the Felonius Empire who should be scared. Enemies that can't be seen on heard until they've got a vibroblade at your throat and pretty damn scary.

They live on a planet that later became synonymous with hell filled with storm beasts, noxious gas and the overwhelming weight of the dark side. Existing alongside a manipulative witch, a man who looks like he sleeps with vibroblades and a living black hole in the Force.

If anything its the Felonius Empire who should be scared. Enemies that can't be seen on heard until they've got a vibroblade at your throat and pretty damn scary.

True, however my forces are a Sith cult, and men who kill each other to try to belong to the same brotherhood. We won't be scared.

P.S. Beni, I don't think Traya appreciates being call a witch. Especially from her #1 fan....

P.P.S: Don't worry about the Eclipse. I was just wondering if I would be able to use it. It's pretty epic.

True, however my forces are a Sith cult, and men who kill each other to try to belong to the same brotherhood. We won't be scared.

P.S. Beni, I don't think Traya appreciates being call a witch. Especially from her #1 fan....

P.P.S: Don't worry about the Eclipse. I was just wondering if I would be able to use it. It's pretty epic.

Very true. But it may spook your underworld contacts, in a similar manner with G0-T0s forces.

And yeah, I was quoting Atton. :D

Very true. But it may spook your underworld contacts, in a similar manner with G0-T0s forces.

And yeah, I was quoting Atton. :D

I don't know. Aurk is very, very good with public speaking. He has even blatantly lied to other Hutts, without getting caught. His charisma is unmatched, and he is a powerful and persuasive Hutt.

However, it will keep him bust for a while, and might even lure out some propaganda from the DI, which could become a potential assassination.

Ok, few things....

Firstly: Vader vs Traya on Malachor most likely won't happen.

That would require Vader firstly managing to actually land on the world, 'cause that pretty much doesn't happen unless you have the flightpath information only the owners of Said world would have.

Even if Vader was to survive, the Sith Assassins feed on the Force Energy of their opponents, so if Traya was to be accompanied by a Squad of Assassins, and maybe a couple (2-6) Shadow-Troopers, Vader wouldn't stand a chance without forces of his own.

Problem there? They likely wouldn't survive a Landing also, and even so, The Sun Guard, (Sorry Warren) most likely cannot see the Sith Assassins, they could see normal Cloaking technology but the Force, Supposedly, masks presence from all types of light, allowing the Assassins to get the drop, Big time.

Second: Santhe/Sienar Technology.

Stealthed Vessel Suppliers, they worked for both the Republic and Seperatists, making many stealthed ships.

One could argue they could equip the Venators of the Open Circle Fleet with stealth Technology, leaving the fleets Guarding my planets, and the fleets attacking them, completely unseen.

Also, Coming with Santhe/Sienar tech, comes some of the Best Fighters the Galaxy has ever seen.

We're Talking:

• Skipray Blastboats
  • Scimitar Bombers
  • Super Tie
  • Tie Agressors
  • Tie Experimentals
  • Tie Avenger
  • Tie Defender
  • Tie Oppressor
  • Tie Interdictor
  • Tie Hunters
  • Predator class

Not forgetting my cruisers they supply, Interdictors and the like...

They Also, as i mentioned earlier, Supply Scarab droids, some of the best mass assassination droids in the Kaggath IMO, incredibly difficult to detect, easily dispatched during Sleeping hours, they are perfect for the job of thinning camps out before attacks, or even Killing leadership, while most force-users couldn't detect them, due to, of course, being droids.....

That's enough to throw out there for now, me thinks :D

We can't say for sure. Though of course there and going to be more and less of certain ships depending on their class.

Hate to ask.... But any chance of a Raise? :p

I know you gave me 10 more than death Squadron, but they had a SSD, and incredible advanced Pilots....

Any chance I'd get more like 50-55? ;) You said we'd sort it out in the Kaggath... So here goes :p