2 vs 2 Tournament 2.0

Deltia

Hello Friends and Enemies on the Prophecy of the Five!

After a successful PvP tournament this month, HVND and Transcendence guild has decided to "step our game up." Below are the details, look forward to competing with everyone Sith or Jedi!

Transcendence and HaVe a Nice Day (HVND) Guilds are excited to announce our

monthly 2 vs. 2 player vs. player (PvP) tournament. Our kickoff event will be November 1st, starting 7 PM Central time at Tatooine Outlaws Den. This will be repeated the first Thursday of each month.

Rules

16 teams, 8 Empire vs. 8 Republic (more or less of one faction if needed)

• Single Elimination

• One character per tournament

• Seeding based on random draw

• 50,000 credit buy-in per person paid by October – (Republic pay Del’tia, Sith pay Anadrith) via in-game mail

• Registration on website (http://www.thetranscendenceguild.com/tournament) (only one person per team)

• Anything goes (use of adrenals, stims, med packs, grenades, etc.)

• No outside interference

• Breaking the rules will result in warning then disqualification from

the tournament (without refund)

• Live-streaming available http://www.thetranscendenceguild.com/streams

Credit prizes for winner and follow up, one random team will be refunded their entry fee

1st Place -- 500,000

2nd Place -- 200,000

Random prize -- 100,000

Once payment and registration have been confirmed, your team will then

be updated on the bracket of our event found here:

http://www.thetranscendenceguild.com/tournament.

Winner of November’s tournament will be deemed Champion and play winner of December’s tournament and will fight for a grand prize.

Each faction is responsible for policing their side. Meaning, if

someone is ganking other players, interfering with the match, and/or

any other destructive behavior, we will give one warning and then

stop the event until resolved.

NOTE: serious or repetitive rule breaking will resort in a permanent ban from the tournament. Additionally, if we are unable to finish tournament due to outside interference we WILL refund everyone their entry fee.

Referee will be Phulcrum from HVND guild and will start matches with flare gun. Teams will be qued on both sides of the pit (Empire West, Republic East) for the next match.

Live-streaming available here: http://www.thetranscendenceguild.com/streams.

Check out our prior tournament here: http://youtu.be/WIRQaIanphU

Payouts immediately following tournament.

Good luck all!

Jacob AKA Del'tia or Aitled

Edited by Deltia

It's complicated :)

Basically we want you to register so it puts you in our ranking system. Then when we seed the tournament, it'll display on our website based on a random generator. And we want to promote our site!

Thanks for the reply.

It's complicated :)

Basically we want you to register so it puts you in our ranking system. Then when we seed the tournament, it'll display on our website based on a random generator. And we want to promote our site!

Thanks for the reply.

The tourney page redirects me to login / register to join your guild - is there a way around this option or can you separate tourney registration from guild recruitment? Or am I looking in the wrong place?

Any rules on stealth? I was thinking this morning that you could run into a situation where both teams lose one member (I assume combat rezzes are illegal, right?), but the team whose remaining member has less health manages to vanish, hoping he can stay away long enough to regen to 100% health and essentially reset the 1v1 fight.

Seems like there should be some sort of maximum stealth time or something.

No way, if you have rules on no stealth or only one stealth on a team.....that is no fun, you gotta know how to counter it!

I'm not saying that, I'm just envisioning someone obnoxiously refusing to lose or something and staying stealthed for twenty minutes while avoiding his two opponents (after his teammate dies)

Sorry to all, my subscription to the forums hasn’t been alerting me about new post. To answer some questions, here we go:

Whispyr “Can I just sign in here”

Regarding just signing in here, we’d like everyone to sign in on our page. If you are unable to do that, you can mail me in-game (Sith Anadrith, Republic Del’tia or Aitled). The main this that we need to capture is your name, team, side, and registration fee.

Silch “Any rules on stealth?”

Regarding stealth, no rules, just as long as you don’t leave the pit and are in the pit at beginning.

If you are one of the teams participating, combat resurrections are legal (just not from outside pit).

If we run into problems with stealth, we will adjust the rules.

Believer “allowing adrenal shot is not a wise decision, they were banned from

warzones for a reason.”

It’d be too hard to eliminate them from being used. We’d have to watch everyone and hope someone doesn’t start fighting another team for using an item, very difficult to enforce.

Cilas “I think they meant warzone adrenals, not power adrenals. Am I wrong?”

Correct, WZ adrenals allowed.

Tôc “3v3 pls?”

We’d love to expand to 3v3, as of yet, we only have 3 teams registered. If we can field a 8v8 team of 2v2, it’d be hard to field 3v3 team.

We need more people to register, whether whispering me in game, in game mail, or our website.

Tôc “3v3 pls?”

We’d love to expand to 3v3, as of yet, we only have 3 teams registered. If we can field a 8v8 team of 2v2, it’d be hard to field 3v3 team.

We need more people to register, whether whispering me in game, in game mail, or our website.

I think there is less interest in 2v2 because it always ends up being sin/healer vs sin/healer....which is kinda boring lol.

I know many members of Casual would definitely be down for a 3v3 tournament. Even more for a 4v4. Those fights are always more fun.

I think there is less interest in 2v2 because it always ends up being sin/healer vs sin/healer....which is kinda boring lol.

I know many members of Casual would definitely be down for a 3v3 tournament. Even more for a 4v4. Those fights are always more fun.

Agreed. The last 2v2 I was in surprise surprise the champion ship round was between a sin and scoundrel combo which was there 2nd match the first being a tie because I think it lasted like 15 minutes (was fairly drunk but it was a while). 3v3 or 4v4 would be pretty awesome not sure what group comp would be great but I think it would be more balanced than 2v2.

The above are some good options.

Unfortunately, we must push this back due to the weather on the east coast. We've had a number of guildies and friends unable to participate because they are without power. We need to reschedule this at a later time so all of those can be include.

Most likely we will push this out two weeks. I will be contacting some of you who've registered or made suggestions about 3v3.

Thanks for your help

Deltia (Jacob)

The above are some good options.

Unfortunately, we must push this back due to the weather on the east coast. We've had a number of guildies and friends unable to participate because they are without power. We need to reschedule this at a later time so all of those can be include.

Most likely we will push this out two weeks. I will be contacting some of you who've registered or made suggestions about 3v3.

Thanks for your help

Deltia (Jacob)

Any update on a new date?