Best "Lore" Race for a class?

Noobishlord

Sith Warrior - Sith Pureblood.

Sith Inquisitor - Any alien aside from Chiss. (I say this because the Inquisitor storyline starts that you're a slave. Sure there's a bunch of Human slaves, but they're likely sold into slavery, rather than conquered. Aliens, however, are worthless in the Empire, and become slaves by default. Chiss, however, are allies with the Empire, so they're the exception to the rule.)

Bounty Hunter - Rattataki, Imperial Zabrak, Human, Cyborg

Imperial Agent - Chiss, Human.

Jedi Knight - Human, Republic Zabrak, Cathar

Jedi Consular - Human, Miralan, Miraluka, Cathar, Twilek

Trooper - Human, Cyborg, Cathar, Zabrak

Smuggler - Human, Cyborg, Twilek

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(Jumps up and down) Can I... Can I?! YAY! Love the topic.

First of all, Human makes sense for every class. But they are boring. So, mine is all for non-humans! I also put down what I am actually playing/going to play!

Sith Warrior - Sith Pureblood. DUH!

Actually Playing: F!Sith, M! ImpZabrack

Sith Inquisitor - Twi'lek - slavery always follow them around

Actually Playing: F!Twi'lek, M!Rattataki

Bounty Hunter - Rattataki, Imperial Zabrak, Cathar (all warrior cultures)

Actually Playing: F!Cathar

Imperial Agent - Chiss (Op)/Cyborg (Sniper)

Actually Playing: F!Chiss, M!Cathar

Jedi Knight - Zabrack! Because Bao-Dur is that memorable!

Actually Playing: F!Human (not interested in the class, so sacrificed the char for a boring race for the sake of the 100 Presence)

Jedi Consular - Miraluka

Miraluka is the THING! But, alas, the game's dialogue are not of mystical, fantastic Visa quality, and so are the looks. Amazing how Visa could be sooooo EVERYTHING and the race so underwhelming for a PC.

Actually Playing: F!Zabrack (Because Bao Dur is all that... yeah)

Trooper - Mirialian (I am not sure why! Sorry!) Cathar

Actually Playing: F!Mirialian

Smuggler - Twilek!!!!

Actually Playing: F!Twi'lek, M!Twi'lek

Edited by DomiSotto

Here are my characters, in rough order from most to least fitting IMO:

SW/Mara: male Pureblood

Trooper/VG: male Zabrak

Trooper/Mando: female Human

IA/Sniper: male cyborg (very unobtrusive implants, basically he has metal eyebrows)

SI/Assa: male Rattataki

JC/Shadow: female Cathar

JK/Guard: female Miraluka (that race may fit better with the JC, but a desire to have a Miraluka was literally the reason I decided to sub, and I wanted a JK as my first force user)

Smuggler/Scoundrel: female Mirialan

JC/Sage: male Twi'lek (and he's a size 4, which often draws comments from people, especially when he uses his racial ability)

BH/Merc: female Chiss (kind of reaching there, but I wanted a Chiss and I had one of every other race by then)

I intend to add a Bothan Op and a Voss Jugg if ever those are options.

Sith Warrior - Sith Pureblood

• The obvious choice. Given the storyline's heavy indications of breeding and privilege it makes sense

Sith Inquistor - Human/Twilek

• I agree that due to the Twilek's connection with Slavery this makes them a strong candidate. But I'd argue that a human slave is a better fit.

• Given some of the chapter 1 revelations about heritage, I think a human character makes more sense, and I like the symmetry between the two Sith class stories. Both overseers [Harkun and Tremel] attempt to subvert a strong human candidate of low birth by using a Pureblood Sith of high social status.

Imperial Agent - Chiss

• This was another no brainer to me. Chiss culture is so centered around duty that even their role in society is often a more important part of their identity than their names and family. It makes perfect sense that someone from that background would be more comfortable sacrificing his/her name for his/her duty and the sake of the ascendancy and by extension the empire. I also love the idea of an alien race as it adds a little more oomph to the attempts throughout the story to examine the problematic logic of loyalty to the Empire.

Bounty Hunter - Rattataki/Zabrak

• The Zabrak work on a pretty effective level as imperial loyalists, but I think for a more traditional Mandalorian feel Rattataki is the way to go. The nature of their homeworld and upbringing would explain his/her skills so early on. Not to mention, from a practical standpoint I think the social skill of shadowboxing is a perfect downtime activity for a bounty hunter.

Jedi Knight - Miraluka/Cathar

• No question. I've heard the arguments for Miraluka and the Consular, but for me someone who can see with the force just lends itself to combat. For the Miraluka, the force seems less mystical and more practical, to me it seemed the obvious choice that they would utilize that skill in an equally practical way. Plus there's that awesome scene near the end of chapter one where the Knight makes a comment about not needing eyes to see his/her opponent, which is just so much more bad *** with a Miraluka.

• Despite this though, I think a good argument could be made for the Cathar, whose culture relies heavily on honor and ferocity, two great qualities in a protector or defender. And that "Don't need my eyes" line still maintains its little extra punch if you factor in the Cathar nose

Jedi Consular - Mirialan

• The Mirialan, to me, are to Consulars what the Chiss are to the imperial agent. Its the role they were culturally born to play. Their culture has a somewhat religious aspect to the force, which would explain their connection to the force and their fascination with it. I will admit this particular perspective works better with something like a Sage than with a Shadow, but it does fit particularly well with the early consular story. The fascination with the history of the force and how the order came to be, has a little more resonance, in my opinion, coming from an alien whose religious background is somewhat force-centric.

Trooper - Zabrak

• From a practical standpoint, the social ability that makes NPCs salute is just plain perfect. Also, they're a race that's notorious hard to kill and immensely loyal to the faction to which their culturally aligned. Those two elements make them seem like the perfect trooper choice.

Smuggler - Twilek/Cyborg

• This one depends almost entirely on the advanced class and how its played. There's an aspect of the smuggler, particularly the gunslinger, that strikes me as the story of a thrill seeker; and I think in that respect a cyborg is a great choice. Someone who's always chasing the next rush whether its tech implants or a good old fashioned shoot out. I think this lends itself great to a lightside play through where the character is looking more for adventure than for credits.

• For a smuggler, whose fighting style can be described as a bit more brutal and in your face, I think an alien race like the twilek is a great choice, particularly a female, and particularly if your looking for a dark side run. There's something very lecherous about the underworld we see so much of in the smuggler story line and the idea of having to be twice as brutal to get half as much respect, plays out incredibly well. Not to mention the conversations with Corso are so much more fun when you're calling him out on his slightly patronizing view, every time you refuse to allow yourself to be the damsel.

Edited by Talamh

Jedi Knight - Human, Twi'lek

Jedi Consular - Miraluka, Twi'lek, Zabrak

Trooper - Human / Zabrak

Smuggler - Twi'lek (especially female), Human, Mirialan

Sith Warrior - Sith Pureblood / Human

Sith Inquisitor - Rattataki, Twi'lek, Cathar

Bounty Hunter - Human, Rattataki

Imperial Agent - Human, Chiss

Jedi Knight - Human or Zabrak

Jedi Consular - Human, Miralukan or Mirialan

Trooper - Human but maybe Zabrak

Smuggler - Human or maybe Cyborg

Sith Warrior - Sith Pureblood or Human

Sith Inquisitor - Nightsister Zabrak hands down, all the way, no contest.

Bounty Hunter - Human, Rattataki, Cyborg

Imperial Agent - Chiss, or maybe Cyborg

Jedi Knight - Miraluka/Cathar

• No question. I've heard the arguments for Miraluka and the Consular, but for me someone who can see with the force just lends itself to combat. For the Miraluka, the force seems less mystical and more practical, to me it seemed the obvious choice that they would utilize that skill in an equally practical way. Plus there's that awesome scene near the end of chapter one where the Knight makes a comment about not needing eyes to see his/her opponent, which is just so much more bad *** with a Miraluka.

• Despite this though, I think a good argument could be made for the Cathar, whose culture relies heavily on honor and ferocity, two great qualities in a protector or defender. And that "Don't need my eyes" line still maintains its little extra punch if you factor in the Cathar nose

Something I think helps the idea of a Cathar Jedi Knight: The Old Republic, though a bit loosely, follows up from KotOR, which is probably why the Miraluka are even in the game. One of your companions in Knights is a Cathar and a Jedi Guardian (lightsaber-focused class), and since most Force-sensitive Cathar become Jedi it makes for a nice, small callback. I mean, I partially put down Cathar becoming as prominent as they are in the game to their previous role.

Also, if Cathar do become Jedi, they suffer from some real extreme tempers, so generally probably not the best Consulars.

I have never thought about Cathar as a JK, thank you for the idea. I guess for me KOTOR2 is so overwhelmingly more 'my game/Star Wars' than KOTOR that I did not make the connection. TY for the discussion! Edited by DomiSotto

• 3 weeks later...

Am I really the only one who figured out the true way to be able to tell which race is for which class?

When you choose your race, you know how the races are always in different orders? They order it from which race is more common for that class (lore-wise) to lease common, with humans being first since they're the most familiar and

the most ambiguous of the races. So if you want to pick the "perfect" race (lore-wise) for your class, pick the second one on the left, or the one right next to human.

You want some proof (Or something convincing anyways)?

Jedi Knight - Miraluka (A few of the lines highly suggest that Mirulaka is the intended race)

Jedi Consular - Mirialan (One of the most force-centered races)

Smuggler - Twilek (Come on, their Twi'leks. It's their personality type)

Trooper - Zabrak (I don't know a lot of the lore on Zabraks, but they look like fighters)

Sith Warrior - Pureblood (Pure Sith, focuses on rage/dark side like the true sith)

Sith Inquisitor - Twilek (Most Twi'Leks are slaves, and the Inquisitor was originally a slave)

Bounty Hunter - Cyborg (Use the cybernetics to track their targets maybe?)

Imperial Agent - Chiss (Cold and calculating, like an agent should be)

I the VAN, first to notice this system!

• 2 months later...

Maybe this thread is a little old, but I'll give my opinion.

GALACTIC REPUBLIC

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

JEDI KNIGHT - M: Human F: Mirialan/Human

JEDI CONSULAR - M: Miralukan F: Miralukan

SMUGGLER - M: Cathar F: Twi'lek

TROOPER - M: Zabrak F: Mirialan

SITH EMPIRE

SITH WARRIOR - M: Sith Pureblood F: Sith Pureblood

SITH INQUISITOR - M: Sith Pureblood F: Twi'lek

IMPERIAL AGENT - M: Chiss F: Chiss/Human

BOUNTY HUNTER - M: Human/Cyborg F: Human/Cyborg

Now some reasoning behind some of my stranger choices.

The choice for Male Smuggler to be a Cathar wasn't one I would've created, but as I saw a few conversations with a friend, who is playing a Cathar Smuggler, I thought the voice -really- fit the face of a Cathar.

Sith Inquisitor as a Pureblood? The voice fits the species extremely well, and it's not too out of the question for a Pureblood to be a slave.

GALACTIC REPUBLIC

SITH EMPIRE

The choice for Male Smuggler to be a Cathar wasn't one I would've created, but as I saw a few conversations with a friend, who is playing a Cathar Smuggler, I thought the voice -really- fit the face of a Cathar.

Sith Inquisitor as a Pureblood? The voice fits the species extremely well, and it's not too out of the question for a Pureblood to be a slave.

There. I fixed the colours for ya! Nice choices apart from the Pureblood. Purebloods CAN'T/AREN'T ALLOWED to be slaves in the Empire. Now in the Hutt space or whatever-fair game! But you weren't released from Hutt captivity, but the Imperial one. Just a note!

Edited by Cuiwe

• 2 weeks later...

In my opinion...

Jedi Knight: Human

Jedi Consular: Human / Miralaka

Smuggler: Human / Twi'lek

Trooper: Human / Zabrak

Sith Warrior: Zabrak / Sith

Sith Inquisitor: Zabrak

Imperial Agent: Chiss

Bounty Hunter: Human / Zabrak

• 4 weeks later...

Jedi Knight: Human/Twi'lek (don't hurt me, please)

Jedi Consular: Human/Miraluka

Trooper: Cyborg

Smuggler: Human/Twi'lek/Rattataki

Sith Warrior: Zabrak/Human

Sith Inquisitor: Sith Pureblood. The fact a Sith Pureblood is a no-sense slave is indisputable, BUT, sith inquisitors are the masters of the Dark Side of Force. And who better than a Sith Pureblood is it?

Bounty Hunter: Cyborg/Human

Imperial Agent: Human

Playing through the Agent story right now. I know most have said Chiss fit the best, but I kinda think cyborg works really well. What with all the "enhanced" personnel working for Imperial Intelligence. Also, the further I go into the story, the more I feel like I'm in an episode of Burn Notice. So.....Human/Cyborg - Agent

GALACTIC REPUBLIC

SITH EMPIRE

I love the colours :D

Jedi Knight: Human. Miralian/Miraluka also works of course.

Jedi Consular: Miraluka/Miralian.

Smuggler: Many species can fit here. Have a Zabrak myself.

Trooper: Cyborg. From combat wounds and for increased efficiency.

Sith Warrior: Sith Pureblood. No contest.

Sith Inquisitor: Female Twi'lek. Fits perfectly! My (male) sorc is a Rattataki. Also fits.

Imperial Agent: Chiss fits here quite well indeed, but Human/Cyborg works too.

Bounty Hunter: Both of mine are Purebloods, but Cyborg works the best here I think.

• 5 months later...

I have read through this, and i am a noob to the game, but when i created my first character, i was thinking of something like 7of 9 from STNG... scooped up as a child and made a cyborg, but later got released somehow and found out that she had latent force powers. So currently she is in jedi world going through story line as a jedi..... her implants have helped a bit...but not a lot....

due to the mechanics of the game, is this a complete waste of time? or later when she can go off world, she can do cyborg story line to get better implants?

lastly, are cartel monies strictly for one character or apply to the account...so if i decide to delete her, will i lose gold?

I have read through this, and i am a noob to the game, but when i created my first character, i was thinking of something like 7of 9 from STNG... scooped up as a child and made a cyborg, but later got released somehow and found out that she had latent force powers. So currently she is in jedi world going through story line as a jedi..... her implants have helped a bit...but not a lot....

due to the mechanics of the game, is this a complete waste of time? or later when she can go off world, she can do cyborg story line to get better implants?

lastly, are cartel monies strictly for one character or apply to the account...so if i decide to delete her, will i lose gold?

I'd say no, it's not a waste of time if you're RPing as such. Sounds like an interesting back story.

But mechanically speaking, in game, there aren't any "cyborg" specific story-lines and you don't upgrade the cyborg implants - aside from perhaps spending CC coins to change the look of your cyborg character a little to reflect the "upgraded" implants for RP purposes. The in game implants with the stats on them are available to all races and aren't considered "cyborg only".

The cartel coins are account wide, so no you won't lose them. Your gear and credits however would be lost if you deleted that character. If you want to save them, roll the new toon first, log in to the old one, mail over all the credits and gear to your new toon then delete the old one. But this trick you can only do within the same server, you can't in game mail across different servers.

Edited by Ridickilis

• 1 month later...

I just started playing this game and I love it so far! Picking races is hard for, mainly because of the voice. I try to base my character around what I think fits the voice the best, and then go from there. So here are my ideas so far:

Jedi Knight: Mirialan/Human- I made a LS Human Sent., that I enjoy, only problem is its very monotone. I then made a DS Mirialan Guard., I love the added emotion to the character. For RPing purposes my Mirialan is very arrogant and sure of his abilities. Being a Mirialan he felt growing up he had a stronger connection to the Force than others.

Jedi Consular: I haven't decided quite yet on this one, but definitely alien. I'm leaning towards a Miraluka if LS and a Twi'lek if DS.

Trooper: Human/Cyborg/Cathar(?)- Haven't made a Trooper yet, but I think the human fits the role and voice well. Plus, as the galactic standard, a Human Trooper makes sense. I haven't made a Cathar yet, but I think it would fit lore wise. Human can be LS or DS, but I think a Cathar would be strictly LS.

Smuggler: Human(Male)/Twi'lek(Female)- On the Republic side this is the only class where I made a gender based decision. Human for a male, obviously. This game really plays upon the Han Solo vibe for the Smuggler. I chose Twi'lek for the female because the voice sounds a little french(?), or at least its an interesting accent. In TCW all of the Twi'leks speak in a vaguely french accent, so It felt right for the female to be a Twi'lek. My smuggler is morally ambiguous, so no LS/DS distinction here.

Sith Warrior: Sith Pureblood- It just makes sense.

Sith Inquisitor: Zabrak(male)/Twi'lek(female)- Playing on the slave vibe here. Haven't made any Empire characters yet, but based on just what I know these seem to be the best fit. I almost want to say, as others have, the Inquisitor should be played as a female.

Bounty Hunter: Cyborg/Human- As others have said cyborg makes sense with trying to be the best of the best as a BH. In my opinion the BH could be a human, but would have to have scaring. Something that shows that he means business, that in the BH world you don't always make a clean get away.

Imperial Agent: Chiss(male)/Human(male/female): When I first saw the Chiss I knew that's what I wanted my Agent to be. When I heard the voice It was settled. To be more lore "friendly" a human would be a better choice. However, a Chiss working for Imperial Intelligence isn't totally bizarre. After all, there is a precedent for the inverse (Raina Temple I think her name is?)

Those are my opinions. Like I said I base it on the voice and then model my character off of that. For the most part its pretty true to what everyone else is saying.

Edited by Pitchslayer

This is my view:

Jedi Knight: Human, Zabrak

Jedi Consular: Miraluka, Human, Mirialan

Trooper: Zabrak, Cathar, Human, Cyborg

Scoundrel: Human, Twi'lek

Sith Warrior: Pureblood, Human

Sith Inquisitor: Twi'lek, rattattak

Bounty Hunter: Cyborg, Human

Imp.Agent: Chiss, Human, Cyborg

Now, for the justifications:

Jedi Knight:

Humans are just perfect for the kind of story that jk has. Zabraks are also quite stoic, yet mystic enough for them to be a jk. Remember Eeth Koth?

Jedi Consular:

Human is also quite a nice fit here. It lends itself nicely to both classes. Now, as for the other two races. They are segregated by AC. If you want to play a sage, pick Miraluka. It fits sage to a T. If you want a shadow, pick Mirialan. Idk about them but I always pictures them with a saberstaff. Meh.

Trooper:

Zabrak and Cathar are quite obvious choices. As are humans. Everything is pretty self explanatory here I think. Now, what about cyborgs? I would say no because it's the Republic. Well...maybe ok if we are talking about slight additions , but not like mr roboto from Inq story.

Scoundrel:

Self explanatory.

Warrior:

A character in this story must be Noble. PERIOD! What this means is that you can't be any of alien "scum" or of low life/modified lifeforms. So, what does that leave? The two most revered races in the Empire: Human and Pureblood. You can't be a Cyborg because I can already see people of the Empire calling you robothead and stuff like that. + it's not pure enough. Purity is highly slight after in this story, quite unlike the following story:

Inquisitor:

This story is a reciprocal value of a Warrior story. Taken to the extreme length, it could be quite visible on Korriban. To the point of juxtaposition. Heh. Anyhow, this story calls for impurity and for alien races. My personal favourite being a rattattak. But Twi'lek would more than do. Them being the "slave race" of the Galaxy.

Bounty Hunter:

Self explanatory.

Agent:

Self explanatory.

I only pick male characters. Easier to imagine myself in the world, I guess.

Sith Warrior- Everyone seems to think that a Sith Pureblood is the way to go for "purity" purpose so. But the SW story doesn't ever approach the issue. While Sith Pureblood works very well, I also like Cathar (black fur and red eyes). I also think that body type 3 is the only way to go.

Sith Inquisitor- Pretty much antyhing works here except for Pureblood. I like the idea of using a conquered race such as a Miraluka. Zabrak works great as well, but I personally prefer Chiss. Seems to go with the voice pretty well. And Rattakai gives you that pale creepy vibe. Body type 2 or 3

Agent- Human seems to be the lore choice although being an alien adds a little dynamic to the story, therefore I like Chiss as well. Body type 2

Bounty Hunter- Cyborg, Human, Rattakai in that order. Body type 2 or 3

Jedi Knight- Human or Miraluka body type 2. Or Zabrak body type 3 for a Guardian Tank. A Lion looking Cathar works well here as well

Jedi Consular- mirialan or Miraluka body type 2

Smuggler- human or Chiss, any body type besides 1

Trooper- human or Cathar. Body type 2 or 3