What did you do to the Tier 4 Command Crate RNG??

Thank you for letting us know that you are intentionally sticking it to us. I had already assumed as much, but I'm glad to know that you have now admitted it.

The truth is I though that with the recent favoritism that you guys have displayed towards melee, I am now trying to grind gear for multiple characters so that I can test them and select one to replace my ranged dps, and having such a low drop rate is frustrating me, and it is making me wonder once again why I pay you to play this game.

So your upset that Legendary rank gear is too hard to get or too rare? Artifact Tier 4 should be more then enough. It shouldn't be that easy to get Legendary rank gear so I have no issues with what they have setup. All he admitted to doing was that no changes to Tier 4 drop rates were made. I thought it was perfectly clear from Day 1 that Legendary Rank would have a very low drop rate.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So your upset that Legendary rank gear is too hard to get or too rare? Artifact Tier 4 should be more then enough. It shouldn't be that easy to get Legendary rank gear so I have no issues with what they have setup. All he admitted to doing was that no changes to Tier 4 drop rates were made. I thought it was perfectly clear from Day 1 that Legendary Rank would have a very low drop rate.

This, to be honest. Purple 246s are Good Enough for crate gear. It'd be even more true if each NiM EC->DP and HM Rav->GotM boss dropped 248s and there were more ways to get UCs. Wouldn't bother me if 248s didn't even drop in crates, really - anyone relying solely on crates for gear can get by in meager 246s.

So I'll say that many of us had been asking for GC to become the supplementary gearing system and not the primary and this has been accomplished.

So it being rare in the GC boxes, is working as intended.

But, as Tux mentioned, the UC exchange rate for the amount of UC received in wzs is still very high. The amount of time for a pvper to gear compared to pre 4.0 (or even pre 3.3) is still much higher than in the past.

You guys rightly made changes to the drop rates in operations so gearing from that method is back to where it used to be. PVP is quite the opposite being longer than it ever had been in the past. With removal of pvp specific gear, this has made a large imbalance in gearing between the two styles.

Hey folks,

I wanted to address some of the questions / concerns here in the thread. First, we have made no adjustments to the drop rate of items from Command Crates since we introduced Tier 4 and rebalanced the drops from Tier 1-3. If you see that there seems to be a change in what you are experiencing at some point, throw that in bug reports and we can look into it.

Second, it is definitely our intent that 248 Legendary items are pretty uncommon from Command Crates but keep in mind that you can consistently get them from other sources. You can upgrade into one from using Unassembled Components or get them as drops from Master Mode final bosses and Veteran Gods From the Machine. This happened as part of our shift to make Galactic Command more supplementary to your gearing.

However, as with all things, please keep feedback coming! We are always open to making further changes where and if they are needed.

-eric

Something i wouldn't mind seeing as drops from the crates would be (even at a low chance) decorations that were found in flashpoints

Hey folks,

I wanted to address some of the questions / concerns here in the thread. First, we have made no adjustments to the drop rate of items from Command Crates since we introduced Tier 4 and rebalanced the drops from Tier 1-3. If you see that there seems to be a change in what you are experiencing at some point, throw that in bug reports and we can look into it.

Second, it is definitely our intent that 248 Legendary items are pretty uncommon from Command Crates but keep in mind that you can consistently get them from other sources. You can upgrade into one from using Unassembled Components or get them as drops from Master Mode final bosses and Veteran Gods From the Machine. This happened as part of our shift to make Galactic Command more supplementary to your gearing.

However, as with all things, please keep feedback coming! We are always open to making further changes where and if they are needed.

-eric

Receiving best gear via pvp is TOO SLOW. Casual players are spending months on getting, are you joking? Reduce the price on t4 gear prices, make more pvp (warzone quests) which give UC as reward. We wont play months to stay competitive in pvp. Or rise bolster...

Hey folks,

-eric

Hi Eric,

At launch we used to have the valor missions from ilum that were scrapped. Is it possible to bring these back? It could help to encourage more people to use the pvp instances. It doesn't necessarily have to be the same mission we had on Ilum (wouldn't mind that though). If more planets could be incorporated that could be a good thing as well.

Those missions could serve as another place to earn valor, UC and promote OWPVP in game again.

You've succeeded in making them VERY rare Eric...that doesn't make it a good policy though. And until UC's are doubled from WZ's and prices cut in half, and UC's become available from sources other than just PvP, it's really not at all realistic to gear that way. RNG is still the #1 issue with gearing right now, and you've really got to address that elephant going forward.

But you can gear via operations now as you used to be able to which, if I remember correctly, was one of your major complaints of the gearing system previously.

So now that you can gear how you used to be able to gear (better I believe as there are more drops than prior to 5.x?) via operations what exactly is your issue?

If they made legendary gear super easy to get via PVP/GSF would you or others not then be complaining about how under valued the best gear from operations has become?

Hey folks,

-eric

Thank you for replying to this. Not feeling ignored takes huge steps towards goodwill on the part of the players.

That being said, it sure does seems strange that after the initial changes (patch 5.1), I, as well as the people I have talked to in-game and here on the forums, were seeing 248 drops much more frequently than they are now. That's not to say every few packs we saw a 248 drop (more like one every 50 or so crates). But since 5.2, that drop rate has gone down to more like between 100-200 crates.

Now it wouldn't be so bad if every time something dropped we could actually use it, but with duplicates, undesireable relics, or the wrong ear/implant for our build, this reduces the actual useful drop rate far more.

I have pushed the idea of having unassembled components drop in PVE activites here on the forums for months in various posts, and think this would go a LONG way to alleviating the problem. There are those of us who just do not like to PVP, yet still do HM end game content (not Nim due to various issues), but stand very little chance of ever getting a full set of 248 gear on even one character.

Lets face it, there are a lot of us PVE only players who have done all the content the game has, multiple times, and the only real goal left for us is to acquire better gear.

...If they made legendary gear super easy to get via PVP/GSF would you or others not then be complaining about how under valued the best gear from operations has become?

That is just it... compared to PVE only players, legendary gear is at least realistically possible, even to the worst PVP'ers in the game. If you don't (or can't for whatever reason) run NiM content, as a PVE'er, no matter how much you play or invest in the game, a full set of legendary gear is realistically unobtainable.

The point isn't whether you need it or not, but the fact that after doing all the PVE content the game has to offer, multiple times, what other goal might there be?

Eric - Thanks for the update.

Would be GREATLY appreciated if we can get an update on the LEGACY WIDE UC conversation.

The RNG is just that "RNG" and I for one hate RNG because my luck is terrible in this game. I'd love to see the ability to check a box and say "Only give me IMPLANTS" for RNG wins of legendary gear. When you have a couple 248 items and 236 Implant's it's annoying when I get another 248 of something else.

But surely if crates are going to drop golds then they should come as unassembled. Nothing is more annoying then getting repeat pieces which you don't need, especially LHS items which you can't even rip out mods and enhancements and move them to alts. Either have 248's drop or don't I really don't care but if you do please make the pieces which drop unassembled.

Hey folks,

-eric

so its like your forcing us to PVP ..so not cool

Hi Eric,

At launch we used to have the valor missions from ilum that were scrapped. Is it possible to bring these back? It could help to encourage more people to use the pvp instances. It doesn't necessarily have to be the same mission we had on Ilum (wouldn't mind that though). If more planets could be incorporated that could be a good thing as well.

Those missions could serve as another place to earn valor, UC and promote OWPVP in game again.

+1, would endorse on the Suggestions board. My guild is about to gauge interest in OWPvP, and this would ice the cake a bit : )

Lol, I opened 25 cxp pack last night and got no 246 or 248 gear. I did get four 244 head pieces, but that didn't exactly make things any better.

The drop rates are abysmal, and while you may prefer to come to BioWares aid and school me on what's up, I don't care if you think I am out of line.

But you can gear via operations now as you used to be able to which, if I remember correctly, was one of your major complaints of the gearing system previously.

So now that you can gear how you used to be able to gear (better I believe as there are more drops than prior to 5.x?) via operations what exactly is your issue?

If they made legendary gear super easy to get via PVP/GSF would you or others not then be complaining about how under valued the best gear from operations has become?

Did NiM bosses not each drop a UA back in the day? At least in 3.x..?

That is just it... compared to PVE only players, legendary gear is at least realistically possible, even to the worst PVP'ers in the game. If you don't (or can't for whatever reason) run NiM content, as a PVE'er, no matter how much you play or invest in the game, a full set of legendary gear is realistically unobtainable.

The point isn't whether you need it or not, but the fact that after doing all the PVE content the game has to offer, multiple times, what other goal might there be?

This harkens back to the bolster "discussion" topic ( as in we discuss and BWA ignores us) imo and my view that PVP shouldn't have stat based gear.

I won't go into it here but have a read and contribute your views if you have not done so already.

If you've done ALL the PVE content the game has to offer and can't/won't do NiM why do you then need legendary gear (again, assuming a smarter PVP system than what we have - these issues are related imo)?

You would just re-run content again just to get gear you don't need and won't really use?

I personally believe if you reach a point where the content itself isn't enjoyable and you have to rely on artificial goals like "gear" as a reason for playing it's time to take a break and play something else.

Hey folks,

I wanted to address some of the questions / concerns here in the thread...snip

-eric

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=926155&page=71

Eric, y'all forgot about the pvp thread. Just wanted to get it back on your rotation since Icy's sub runs out mid august. Would like something before that preferably.

I've never complained about gear being easy to get. I think it makes the game better the more toons a player has geared. PvE is back to where it was (mostly), but PvP gearing sucks.

I've never complained about gear being easy to get. I think it makes the game better the more toons a player has geared. PvE is back to where it was (mostly), but PvP gearing sucks.

Which is why PVP gearing needs to be scrapped. :)

...If you've done ALL the PVE content the game has to offer and can't/won't do NiM why do you then need legendary gear....I personally believe if you reach a point where the content itself isn't enjoyable and you have to rely on artificial goals like "gear" as a reason for playing it's time to take a break and play something else.

Maybe there are no other games I am interested in. Maybe I've just invested enough time/resources in this game that I don't feel like starting over in another at this point in time.

Regardless, as I mentioned before, this isn't the point. As a business owner myself, I know BioWare's focus should be doing things that retain and attract customers. That is the bottom line. So whether or not I need the gear, the fact remains that it is really the only goal left. This doesn't mean I dont enjoy repeating content, it just means this is the only goal realistically left.

How sad for you. Really! you really need 248 gear for the game to be fun for you?

Well my level 70 characters running around in 230 gear must really be the most un-fun characters out there still in game. :D

Maybe BW should just remove all gear above 230 from the game and give something different in command crates and from operation bosses.

This made me laugh out loud! :) Some are definitely min/max players :)

Haha, this is really funny. As if I must to report, why do I need 248 gear. Players has their own goals and challenges. And this is their personal business, why they need 248 gear. Do not say that they do not need it. Becouse it's arrogance. If a some person does not NiM in present time, does not mean, that he or she should not strive for the best.

Maybe there are no other games I am interested in. Maybe I've just invested enough time/resources in this game that I don't feel like starting over in another at this point in time.

Regardless, as I mentioned before, this isn't the point. As a business owner myself, I know BioWare's focus should be doing things that retain and attract customers. That is the bottom line. So whether or not I need the gear, the fact remains that it is really the only goal left. This doesn't mean I dont enjoy repeating content, it just means this is the only goal realistically left.

Yet there is a fair argument going on in the "bolster" discussion right now that indicates having such high end gear in PVP could be detriment to players enjoyment of PVP and thus from a business stand point it could be said it's not a very good goal to have their either.

When it comes to PVE only however well do you want your goal to be easy or difficult? If they made the acquisition of said gear easy then you would actually have no goal left at all? As it stands your goal remains and you can slowly obtain it through RNG.

Haha, this is really funny. As if I must to report, why do I need 248 gear. Players has their own goals and challenges. And this is their personal business, why they need 248 gear. Do not say that they do not need it. Becouse it's arrogance. If a some person does not NiM in present time, does not mean, that he or she should not strive for the best.

Let's not confuse NEEDing something with WANTing something.