Will swtor ever go free to play?

tehrealdealz

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think SWTOR is an amazingly successful game though however i do not think they should go free to play. I think they should have a one time pay only where you buy the game once and there are no additional charges. I think the game if this does go into affect should have an item shop where players can buy costumes, mounts, consumables, etc.

If that is what you are looking for, I would suggest buying an Xbox or a PS3. If $15/mnth is too much for you, maybe you should also look into getting a better job.

Are people still this delusional?

What exactly is so delusional about the post? the fact that subs are still healthy? Or the fact that server populations are actually being addressed with transfers and eventually mergers. I think the only delusional people are the ones who continuously think the game is failing, despite the fact that the devs try so hard to accommodate and listen to feedback, but I guess people will never be satisfied. I also find it quite hilarious that people will continuously bash anyone for saying positive about the game.

I do like a free to play SWTOR to lessen subscription cost. But I dont like the pay to win model.

With the slow updates in SWTOR maybe a year later this game will be more fun. (I do like the game) just not sure If it worth the subcription to play single player all the time.

90% hopes it will never go free to play because F2P tend to have less updates, most expansions which cost money and actually seem to cost more because I have to buy in cash a larger investory, a new (and faster) speeder, actual cash for PvP gear.

10% would be happy as long as the store they brought in had new playable species, new ships and stuff I dont think we will see for a very very long time with a subscription game

As for will it go F2P that will all depend on subscriptions. If they stay steady and go up probably not, if they continue to decline yes, if the F2P to level 15 means a load more players who all stop at level 15 then yes.

I love to see these older posts.

Guess what, subs were falling and are still falling.

Welcome to reality.

LOL, yup.

But if you read the names back then saying the nonsense about rising sub numbers and its the exact same people that come into every thread to rah rah rah the game, to a person.

I dont think F2P was obvious when this thread was originally made but now 3 months later, its pretty clear if they dont turn it around in the near future, F2P will be the only real option.

I have NOT seen more then 15 players on any given planet (and usually it 1-4 players) at any time of day for the last month on my server. 4 months ago this server was constantly Heavy to Full when I rerolled here (3 server, 2nd reroll leaving dead servers from subscription cancellations).

Transfers will help in the short term but until the problems that cause the subscription losses (lack of social content) are addressed, the cancellations will continue once people finished the content (which isnt hard to do in 3 or less months for most players).

F2P seemed inevitable to me now, seing what their 12 month plan is.

I know alot of newly released mmos that were supposed to be giant and went F2P after a while. Do you guys think swtor will go that route and when?

If you listen to the experts on this board it went free to play after the first 30 days, then again after the first three months, and will again after the first six months. ;p

Edited by Blackardin

Never lucas arts is too greedy SWG (starwars galaxies) could of went F2p but no they shut it down to funnel all the starwars fans to this interactive movie ... I mean game.

IF you ever played SWG you can really see where this game is lacking basicly every where lol .

If you listen to the experts on this board it went free to play after the first 30 days, then again after the first three months, and will again after the first six months. ;p

AHhh F2p means free to play not a free month here and there or a lvl 15 trial so to say i Wow has a idk free to lvl 10 or some junk that dont make it a free to play game you still need a sub to keep playing the game after the free month or lfree lvl cap so no it didnt hasnt and wont go free to play not while lucas arts has anything to do with it

What exactly is so delusional about the post? the fact that subs are still healthy? Or the fact that server populations are actually being addressed with transfers and eventually mergers. I think the only delusional people are the ones who continuously think the game is failing, despite the fact that the devs try so hard to accommodate and listen to feedback, but I guess people will never be satisfied. I also find it quite hilarious that people will continuously bash anyone for saying positive about the game.

Oh you're right, people will never be satisified. Everyone wants something for free or feel they are entitled to something. I've been playing since Feb. and despite a few bugs, I love this game. I'm a huge Star Wars fan and look foward to playing this game everyday, even if it's for a couple of hours. A lot of people that have something they don't like about the game threaten to quit, well quit. I would rather have low server population that have the dev's try to accomodate every little thing that someone doesn't like about the game. Sure if you have a bug, you hope they will fix it, but eveyone has different playing styles and they can't change everything to apease every single person. Another thing that bothers me is that people complain about stuff that seems like it's more of a computer issue or operator error. Don't blame bioware for you're personal problems. And one more thing, If you play through all the content in three months with every character, then you might want to find something else to do. It's not bioware problem if you don't have a life. Get some sun or read a book.

I hope not. I hate F2P MMO's, they always try to nickel and dime you for everything. I'd rather pay a flat sub fee and get everything included. I've been an avid supporter of swtor since they day it was announced and will pay a sub fee as long as they keep the game running, but I will stop playing the very second it is goes F2P.

Free to play is a myth and the sooner people realise the better.

Take LOTRO which is basically paying cash to unlock every quest zone. Is it "free" to play ? The answer is definatly not. If you want all the bells and whistles you still have to pay a monthly fee.

SW:TOR "free to play" would be pay to unlock Corucant then pay to unlock every other planet after that just to so a player can progress. There would still a premium account which is monthly sub and unlocks everything.

So I have to ask what is the point in "Free to play" ? It's more a case free to login but pay for the rest of the game.

Free to play is a myth and the sooner people realise the better.

Take LOTRO which is basically paying cash to unlock every quest zone. Is it "free" to play ? The answer is definatly not. If you want all the bells and whistles you still have to pay a monthly fee.

SW:TOR "free to play" would be pay to unlock Corucant then pay to unlock every other planet after that just to so a player can progress. There would still a premium account which is monthly sub and unlocks everything.

So I have to ask what is the point in "Free to play" ? It's more a case free to login but pay for the rest of the game.

a sub fee isn't even costly at all, it's the price of lunch or a movie for all the entertainment you can handle. F2P games are always more of a trap to nickel and dime you then anything else. I love swtor and log in usually daily to play, but if they go f2p i'd never touch it again.