Soa the final boss of Eternity Vault keeps resetting after mind trapping tank

This is incredibly frustrating as he has done this multiple times tonight where he mind traps the tank and then tries to go after him into that pocket dimension you get sent to when you get mind trapped.

Of course Soa CANT get there so all he can do is reset. Please fix this its ridiculous :mad:

• 3 weeks later...

An easy fix would be to make it so Soa couldn't mind trap the person highest on the aggro table (the main tank). Problem solved.

This kept happening to us last night... almost had him down multiple times until he mind trapped me in the last phase and then reset. GG Bioware.

Uhh, there is no bug fix for that... It's called aggro/threat and therefore someone is doing more threat than your tank and taking aggro. Once the tank loses aggro he can become mind trapped. All i can say is for your tank to do more threat or to have your dps watch their threat. They can call out for a sage to reduce their threat by pulling them. Either way there is nothing wrong with Soa and the issue you are talking about. Edited by rhyona

I am a tank and I have got mind trapped several times, and I am fairly confident it was not due to losing agro.. Usually if I get a bit to far away from him or if i decide to jump at a mind trap to help dps or something.

Have another player switch stances and taunt.. no big deal

I am a tank and I have got mind trapped several times, and I am fairly confident it was not due to losing agro.. Usually if I get a bit to far away from him or if i decide to jump at a mind trap to help dps or something.

Have another player switch stances and taunt.. no big deal

You may have a point there, now that I think about it. The couple times I've been mind-trapped I was a little bit away. I think it's a two factor thing. You have to be #1 on the threat table, and inside of melee range to avoid mind traps. At least in phase 2. In phase 3, I think you just have to keep aggro. I'm far away from him all the time dragging him around, and I don't seem to get trapped.

Edited by Ascendant

I did normal Soa on Tuesday, so that was before 1.1, not trying hard Soa until tonight (was waiting for 1.1 bug fixes) but I would assume that this has to do with a mechanic change implemented to Soa in 1.1:

Soa's Mind Trap and Force Throw abilities no longer target the same player multiple times; they now target every player in the group once.

When you consider that nothing in 1.1 was tested before hitting live, I wouldn't be surprised if they screwed it up and included tanks in the 'every players gets targeted once' mechanic.

The very first time I tanked Soa a few weeks ago I got mindtrapped several times, but we also ran it with 2 tanks and it was presumably because the other tank taunted him off of me at the wrong time or something. After that first run, we realized that only 1 tank is necessary for operations, so I have solo tanked him the several weeks since and not been mind trapped once then. I'll be sure to post on here if the 1.1 changes are in fact the problem.

In the patch notes they changed it so that:

Soa's Mind Trap and Force Throw abilities no longer target the same player multiple times; they now target every player in the group once.

It's possible this is intended, and just a complete oversight fail.

It's probably an oversight on their part.

You won't want to hear this, but the last boss in KP also uses a mechanic on the tank that shouldn't be used on the tank and can instantly wipe out half the raid if it happens at an inopportune time. I think they just didn't plan for the consequences of these skills being used on tanks.