Telekinetic Sage Vs Lightning Sorc

RossWright

Numbers wise there should be no difference. But I disagree that you can call them trash. They aren't the gods they once were but they can compete and put up good enough numbers to still be very relevant.

Don't let "the sky is falling" threads turn your attention from a spec you enjoy. If you want to play something else go for it and have a blast. But don't do it simply because the people who spent the last 8 years playing a super over tooned monster say it's trash now.

The gap between best dps spec and lowest is barely 15% and that is pretty damn impressive for an mmo anymore. Sorc spent much of its creation thus far lording about other specs by more than that...

It can compete in all levels of content.

Most fun class hands down. if you want to face roll stuff in harder content then this is not the class for you. Weirdly, though, they tend to have highest aggro, for some reason.

The biggest reason why I don't main a Sage is I am a solo player, so a Shadow is more ideal, since, I don' want to kill every single mob in a FP or on a map. The second reason is because they replaced disturbance, and the final reason is PUB side players are usually the less skilled ( due to most new players want to be Jedai).

NB: There is no difference between Sage and Sorc except aesthetically.

Edited by Yezzan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Most fun class hands down. if you want to face roll stuff in harder content then this is not the class for you. Weirdly, though, they tend to have highest aggro, for some reason.

DPS sages have big AoEs and can make them autocrit, far beyond than what a tank can sustain aggro on. If we don't burst them down in a few seconds or if mass taunt is on CD then yes we need to run.

In case of Balance there is also lots of self heals going on. And healing threat is shared by all NPCs. It's a negative feedback cycle: we get hit, our self heals kick in, we aggro stray NPCs, our hp drops more making our self heals more efficient. In a few GCDs everyone is hitting us except the tank's target. Healer(s) will eventually steal some aggro back but not those that we target with AoEs.

Iv come back after 5 years away and i always play as a sage but i see everyone on here saying the sorc is trash, now i know the Sage is the counterpart to the sorc so does that me the Sage is trash too? or is it mainly the sorcs that are broken

Both are trash, in term of effort verse result. Takes VM Brontes for example, sage's top 5% dps is only as good as shadow or scoundrel's top 25%, and most sage dps (75%) are as bad as every other class's bottom half (or worse).

Can we pass tough ops? Sure. I have passed as Balance and have seen Tele pass with me. But it's after extra efforts and still be carried more than carrying, if we judge carry by dps.

Edited by ElleSheepy