The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

Im just want to tell you about not really smart decision's that DPS can make in Hammer station.

Iv seen that mistake a plenty of times, but it start to worrie me.

You all know about what im talking about.

There's a pretty serious encounter for 15-19 levels. 2 gold droids, 2 silvers and a bunch of normal.

They packed really good for tanking and for CC.

So basically the fight will be in this way:

1. Tank jump in a tight pack of 1 gold, 2 silvers and few normals.

2. DPS cast CC on the Gold that located in a few meter far from them.

3. DPS annihilate weaks and then burns down silvers and gold, while tank hold them.

4. Tank grab aggro for the last gold and burn him down with DPS.

All clean and sweet, don't you think? It's a perfect tactics for your team.

But i'v already meet about 10 or 12 people, that tryes to CC elite droid in A MIDDLE OF PACK.

So many time iv asked them - why they trying to do that? Why they trying to force not to use AoE (which is actually the best way for tanks to keep aggro. Smash, Discharge, Flamethrower, Death from above).

And only one man finally aswered me - BECOUSE I KNOW WHAT IM DOING, NOOB!

So got a few round of stories!!

lately I've finally got around to getting my jugger tank at 50 then 55 (guy must have been 48 for a year). The tanking is extremely fun, and I'm not doing a bad job tanking (its the role I learned the game in as a sintank, I generally I get good comment, hold threat well even with dps that are way over my gear, and I make sure the healer doesn't get heat if I can help it. A mob managing the healer = me giving myself a facepalm for missing one)

Well the guy has a knack of attracting THOSE people.

Of all kind.

HM BoI (which I've gotten 20 times in a row last week).

Queue pop, we have a jug dps, merc healer and can't remember the other dps.

So first the jug I notice has soresu on. I ask him to change stance, and he goes into shii-sho. I ask everyone if they want to do bosses or skip them, since some are not very geared even for HM 50. one of the dps would like it, so we proceed.

I go along the right border at start skipping the few thrash pack. Our jug dps jumps in and start melting. Wait what? Its not an accidental pull either. So we move forward, and at a few thrash pulls and on the first "boss" I notice he's using both of his darn taunts. I ask him to please stick to his role, and stop taunting off me. Alternatively, I start seeing clear sign he IS specced immortal but queued as a dps. (namely shield on aoe taunts, sonic barrier).

So at 2nd boss where again I had to fight for threat, and kept taunting OVER him. Of course, turret spawn and I'm out of taunts, and the jug "dps" stay glued on boss rather than help take down turrets.

Again, I tell him to STOP using his taunts over mine, and if he wishes to tank, to queue as one. I'm aware some HM 50 ain't life threatening for that kind of behaviour, but imo its just rude, and makes you a clunky dps.

Now the good part "Man I'm not using my taunts, you just can't keep aggro".

After me telling him I could read a debuff bar on a mob, and as any tank slightly worth his salt having Target of Target enabled, he shuts up, and stop taunting off. And then proceed to pulling thrash group we could have avoided, and this time healer is warned I'm not saving them if he choose to heal him. He doesn't guy dies. Guy stop pulling.

We proceeded through the rest of the FP.

--------------

HM 55 Athiss.

One thing, my jug is mostly in crafted 66s, using high mitigation/low endurance enhencements (immunity), veracity reaction earpiece/implants, B mods, and back then I also had gotten a couple 22 redoubt augments off the GTN at 50, so I had the moddable piece of gear augmented with some basic defense.

What it gave, was plenty of gear for HM 55, altough a bit lower hp than a a tank going for [artifact] earpiece/implant or even the blue version of them, or that chose bastion/bulwark over sturdiness/immunity.

My tanking stats were also following the "ideal" chart in the tanking subforum. I've tanked a few HM 55 with him with no issues whatever, even with so-so healers sometimes (tell me more of your crit/alacrity combo plz. I like seeing all those fast SMALL crits on my head). I have only 32k health with a stim, but its 32k with great mitigation.

Now on that run, I recognize the healer from a guy I had a disastrous tank with when pugging an HM 55 on my lightning sorc a while back, so I know since we hadn't wiped then he is boss. I'm also determined to give him a better run than what we had gotten back then. He is a sorc healer, decked in 72 mostly if i recall well.

Our other dps is a sniper in roughly 72, and a marauder in 75/72.

Geez, thats great then, **** will melt!

I slap my guard on the marauder, and off we go!

Straight in the tomb, I realize something sad. The marauder is your typical case of "tunnel visionning" dps that goes straight for the strong, and leave weak mobs to target healer once the basic threat I have on them have elapsed. (3 ranged 1 melee pull without saber reflect up are rather hard to tank with jug if DPS aren't doing their job). Sniper is slightly better, but seems to have a tendency to join up with the marauder sometimes.

So I adjust my tanking and take down the weak so they don't attack our healer before taunting the strong off the marauder who's having a field day thinking he's tanking this. I also slap my guard on the healer. Its not very efficient, but heck, it allows me to build less threat to keep them off him, and I refuse to guard morons. I figure the mara might realize something is wrong with the guard change.

So we arrive at the pull where you have 5 strong droid all ranged, with 2 very apart from the rest. Since we have 2 droid cc in the group, I ask for the 2 leftmost to be cced since it takes a while for a tank to kill them, and the DPS are tunnel visionning a bit.

Marauder immediately start saying its a waste of time, argue a lot longer than the 1,5 sec needed for cc, so the healer slap his cc. I pull, marauder makes a point to go break both CCs to show "How useless they were".

I could have argued that I agree, when I can count on dps to quickly down those I cannot effectively tank, and since it wasn't the case there, I had asked the CCs not due to my fear of dying on the thrash pull, but that I didn't want the healer to take heat.

But seriously, I can see the guy is a moron, so I don't want to bother. We clear the professor, and move on.

He then starts being a douchebag and pulling groups before I healed up or healer restored his ressource, even tough I'm by no mean a slow tank, without going ******* crazy about downtime, by of course tunnel visionning the strongs while I'm stuck running around killing normals so they don't go for a juicy healer steak.

We go through the jungle part like this, up the stair. marauder pull the group there of course by jumping the elite, I figure /care and tank the rest.

I then pause there and ask the group which strategy they would prefer for the dog, either tank where he is and kill adds or bring to cave, which would require clearing the 2 extra thrash packs.

I am honestly fine with both, and its a QUESTION, I would have gone with popular vote on it.

The marauder goes berserk, and start raging about "people with crappy gear asking for dumb CCs" and how "he wants this done with, has no time to lose".

Well geez genius, I'm in full 66s, a piece of 69 and a piece of 72. can't exactly get them in any "easier" content now can I? And I'm doing quite a fine job, and CCs were mostly because YOU couldn't do your job properly.

Healer had enough and votekicked him, reason "Moron". Thing went through in record time, we requeue and get a merc who was the total opposite. After telling the guy to join us near the dog boss (I pointed out we had just finished taking out the thrash. Including the last DPS :D) we move on, and boy how things are suddenly smoother.

Guy pulls every possible bit of DPS possible from his gear (mostly 69s), prioritized targets correctly, and does so while being fun and laidback, to which the mood around the fp change from frustrated to fun and relaxed.

We finished the FP including the bonus boss with no issues at all.

------------------

And finally one fun run on my lightning sorc, that does have imo a good ending, but AFTER the fp.

I get HM cademinu, group is composed of a jug tank, operative healer, and a sniper DPS.

So off we go and we soon realize the tank has a massive tunnel vision issue, and is squishy as heck. He has no clear understanding on what his job is, his cooldowns, he,s tunnel visionning.

Healer tries to explain to him to hold "more than one mob" but me and him still mostly share the threat on the group (I'm going heavy on the aoe since I want the thrash cleared asap, and off the healer, and its apparent tank has no idea what he's doing.

We try pointing out tips, but he's adamant he's done this lots before, know his job, and even that the group is going great even tough we have 2 thrash wipes before the very first boss.

We get to the droid and enforcer boss. I ask clearly to the tank if he knows the fight. Answer is along the line of "of course".

Droid goes active, OF COURSE he targets the tank, and OF COURSE tank is not moving. I extricate him as he gets carbonized, he uses his CC break...then proceed to immediately force leap the droid and gets carbonized again.

I manage to get the droid in the cage, but we fail to kill him in time mostly due to super tank being carbonized, and the boss being on me and causing a lot of pushback, notably on crushing darkness. Droid gets off cage with 10k health left, carbonize me before I can even move, then get the healer. We /stuck it, explain to the tank what went wrong. We redo it, this time tank is not the droid's first target and lives, we down the droid, then kill the boss.

Take the taxi, and yep, he starts tunnel visionning again. We wipe again on a pull with lots of ranged were he also pulled another group in, and healer has enough and votekick the guy.

It goes through, healer roll his kalyo and no joke it was smoother.

The then kicked tank started whispering me asking why he was kicked, that he was doing a good job and that dps should have taken more on them.

I answered along the line of "Dude, I'm a sorc. I had 2-3 on me most of the time, and that was pushing it."

When he answers that he's seens sorc with whole group on them in dailies area, I understand how he has no idea what HM 55 are, and I tell him so. He starts showing an opening to advice, I tell him to hold it, finish the FP with a now good sin-tank, altough suffering from the ever fun spikiness. And proceeded to explain him tanking 101, and how HM 55 mobs were NOT your average mob you see in solo quest area. Namely, they could melt a sorc in a few seconds. I went over his cooldowns and their use with him, specs and such, and he said he would work on it.

The good ending in this is I met that tank again last night, he was looking for people for EoT in the Black Hole area, and I figured "heck why not".

The changes were astounding. Nearly didn't pull threat (other than early fight burst alignement), and we were 3 DPS, 1 sniper in 72s, me in mostly 69 with a few 72, and a sorc not even in rakata planet comm gear, aoeing like crazy (well it WAS EoT after all).

So even the most hopeless looking tank, once you give him the kick might awaken and realize he needs to knock down the ego a notch and learn, and imo that kick in Cad is probably what is going to save him from more desastrous run, and many healer's ignore list.

That said he came up with the sudden attitude changed and asked for advice, otherwise I probably wouldn't have bothered.

So even the most hopeless looking tank, once you give him the kick might awaken and realize he needs to knock down the ego a notch and learn, and imo that kick in Cad is probably what is going to save him from more desastrous run, and many healer's ignore list.

That said he came up with the sudden attitude changed and asked for advice, otherwise I probably wouldn't have bothered.

Wow, for a potential TL;DR post that I chose to read entirely, I am glad I did read this. This last story makes me very happy for this game. Here's to hoping for more players like him, instead of less!

somehow this thread ended in 2nd page.

Time for a story.

Cademium hm with my sorc healer.

Getting to the main event of this fantastic run,long story short:

Enitre team was going to burn xander 1st. Sorc dps getting aggro from everything. Me getting shredded by ughnaut adds at wookie boss, oh and of course a dps in low 65 pvp gear :rolleyes:

Main event. Team's about to go get the elevator down, decided to press bonus button and ignore garold.

Damn me And the moment i did that.

clueless sorc of course didn't attempt to get minimum obstacole between him and garold to not get that pull/storm combo on him. Tank was alright, then again it was 1 lone npc, and not a mob of'em :rolleyes: .

Keep healing with what I could. And only that. Garold enrages. something i've never, ever see happen since cademium HM's implementation in the game.

the 3 get shredded. was gonna go get myself wiped when I realize garold had only 600hp, miracle kill, right there.

Dps, don't remember which 1, goes " mate we need more heals, not dps "

ok. so I didn't touch garold with anything. He got enraged. Like, they serious?

Go to general ortol. sarcastic dps goes " this is should be fun " to which he gets replied from me " np he's not gonna enrage " . ortol gets one-shotted, was gonna throw a cheeky "l2p" at the end, didn't bother though, not worth it.

Enitre team was going to burn xander 1st. Sorc dps getting aggro from everything. Me getting shredded by ughnaut adds at wookie boss, oh and of course a dps in low 65 pvp gear :rolleyes:

If you are a healer its expected the adds come after you, you should have been standing on top of the car. This gives the tank enough time to plan the adds burning. Hell some tanks ignore them until just before the wookie dies, then they AoE taunt them all and pull them into the flame. Another strategy is to just kil the wookie, AoE taunt the adds run to the edge and have an inquisitor or merc knock them all off. Also, PvP gear is fine for dps and healers in a 55hm... tanks not so much.

Main event. Team's about to go get the elevator down, decided to press bonus button and ignore garold.

Damn me And the moment i did that.

clueless sorc of course didn't attempt to get minimum obstacole between him and garold to not get that pull/storm combo on him. Tank was alright, then again it was 1 lone npc, and not a mob of'em :rolleyes: .

Keep healing with what I could. And only that. Garold enrages. something i've never, ever see happen since cademium HM's implementation in the game.

Sorry do not understand that one? You guys wanted to skip him and the sorc pulled him? It's normal post 2.4 to push the console to get the comms but not fight the boss since he only gives BM trash. I personally always make sure to ask if we are skipping or not before I do anything since some players want to fight him and others think skipping means not getting the comms.

Sorry do not understand that one? You guys wanted to skip him and the sorc pulled him? It's normal post 2.4 to push the console to get the comms but not fight the boss since he only gives BM trash. I personally always make sure to ask if we are skipping or not before I do anything since some players want to fight him and others think skipping means not getting the comms.

All the team was getting ready to get on the elevator, I decided to press the button and get back to getting the elevator, getting the 10k creds and the comms while just leaving there garold and his bm drop. After I pressed they all came back and that shambles happened :p

I don't meet many weird people in the GF, sadly. I'd love to meet people who are actually *weird* and not just scummy dirtbags. I meet a heck of a lot of ninjas for example, and the thing that bothers me the most about this is that it now seems to be the norm that you roll need if you want something for whatever reason. I've seen discussions on these forums with people actually willing to defend rolling need on things you don't need (even when it's not for your companion, not that I'm OK with NEEDing for comps). Don't get me started on BioWare making it worse by not allowing F2P players to trade. Sigh!

I like the game, but it continues to disappoint me how selfish many players really are. Still, I had one nice run tonight where people weren't scum and we all succeeded despite people being extremely undergeared. As long as some good things happen, I suppose I'll keep playing.

I have a very unpleasant experience that I cannot get out of my head.

Directive 7 Story mode, I'm on my tank Juggernaut, and first thing is, the sorcerer who arrived as a healer? Not actually healspec. He says he's going to fix this, and logs out.

I don't get that.

But he logs back in, and apparently has respeced, and yet we are unable to invite him, because GF groups can't invite people. So, he queue'd up, and gets back into the group, and I think, "All's well that ends well", right?

Oh, how wrong I was.

After the first boss, he starts making extremely crude comments about one of the DPS, that were setting off my profanity filter. I asked him to please stop doing that, to which he replies "Sorry", and then starts putting spaces in his words, so that I get to see just how much profanity the guy knows. I put him on ignore.

And then he started doing something wrong. I can't exactly recall what, but it was making life much harder for the rest of us. I told him "One chance", when in retrospect, I probably should have told him what he had a chance to stop doing. The guy did it again, and I initiated a GF kick.

And then things went worse. The guy stopped healing outright, and began pulling mobs ASAP, giving no time to recover. One of the DPS had to start throwing me heals, in order to keep the group from wiping. By the time of the second boss, I was severely fed up, and took the idiot of ignore to ask "What the hell is your problem?"

Then the vote kick expired, and he started spamming the laugh emote. And then started a vote kick on me. And one of the DPS accidentally voted "Kick" instead of "Don't Kick". And then the bastard, who queued healing as a DPS when he couldn't even respect without closing the game, said "Tanks are a dime a dozen. We'll get another one."

Immediately put him on ignore, left the flashpoint, and asked both DPS what made them want to kick me. The offending DPS apologized, saying she clicked the wrong one, and the other agreed. I was later sent a message by one of them saying that the 'healer' was getting a good dose of karma, as not one loot roll was going his way. I'd have appreciated the irony more if I hadn't been put in another group finder with an similarly horrible teammate (but nowhere near as memorable).

On a better note, there was that time a sage who had been rushing the group for a speed run since the beginning, blew his top at me for my "arrogance" for standing up for a slightly undergeared DPS shadow, telling me I was on his ignore list now, and then quit the group one mob away from the final boss. According to a guildmate, he then went onto the republic fleet and ranted about me, using my (character's) name. Called me a dps tank, apparently.

You were the tank and the healer deliberately initiated fights by aggroing stuff? :eek: Last time a healer did that to me he ended up tanking the Behemoth in Kaon HM. Since the two dps were dumb enough to help him they got wiped too.

Funniest thing? They did it twice. :D :D

It's people like those that make me love my shadow tank even more. Stealth out of combat and enjoy the view. <3

You were the tank and the healer deliberately initiated fights by aggroing stuff? :eek: Last time a healer did that to me he ended up tanking the Behemoth in Kaon HM. Since the two dps were dumb enough to help him they got wiped too.

Funniest thing? They did it twice. :D :D

It's people like those that make me love my shadow tank even more. Stealth out of combat and enjoy the view. <3

Heh you're pretty lucky there.

I had a healer on a core run that kept pulling mobs before the tank. I didn't really comment on it since I was dpsing. It was a little odd though because the healer spent a lot of time dpsing during trash pulls, which might have seemed fine if it wasn't for the fact that everything was getting killed quickly and the tank's health was dropping pretty low.

Again, I wasn't tanking so it didn't really bother me. But when I am tanking, I get a little annoyed with healers that waste their resources trying to dps mobs down only to spend time trying to recover their resources after the pull. I pull at the speed of my healer's resources. A more efficient healer makes for a faster run.

It's not a rage quit issue and I won't say anything about it to the healer but just a minor annoyance.

I also play a healer sometimes and I tend to fill that idle time removing debuffs or interrupting abilities on mobs that would cause damage to the tank or another party member.

To each their own I guess.

Edited by Lord_of_Mu

More on the weird side:

Running false emperor story mode while leveling up a tank, level 49 at the time. Get a 48 dps and a 50 dps and a 52 healer.

We get to the two droids where one goes immune. Everybody hits the first and gets him down to like 5% before he goes immune. Then we all switch except the 48 dps. He keeps hitting the now-immune droid for what must be 20 seconds or so (remember, it's at 5% health; imagine his thought process here!). He eventually switches and we get the second one to 5% or so as well before he goes immune (what does this mean about the guy's dps?). We quickly down the first droid, and then have the long wait until the second is no longer immune.

Afterward, the 48 dps doesn't move. He says the very perceptive "so that's how it is!" but just stays where he is. The rest of us take the elevator and wait a bit, then begin clearing trash. We clear all the way to the door to HK-47 and no sign of this guy. We wait a few minutes. Then we tell him to come, giving directions (really you just go forward the only way you can). I tell him to take the elevator and come to me.

I take the elevator down to see where he is. He takes the previous elevator up, and I see him on the map briefly. He turns the other way and jumps off the edge! I'm pretty sure there are railings. We wait a bit more and say "can you make it to the next elevator?" and he says "I hope so!" Eventually he gets there and we keep going. The rest of the flashpoint is quite smooth.

Edited by cxten

I have a very unpleasant experience that I cannot get out of my head.

Directive 7 Story mode, I'm on my tank Juggernaut, and first thing is, the sorcerer who arrived as a healer? Not actually healspec. He says he's going to fix this, and logs out.

I don't get that.

But he logs back in, and apparently has respeced, and yet we are unable to invite him, because GF groups can't invite people. So, he queue'd up, and gets back into the group, and I think, "All's well that ends well", right?

Oh, how wrong I was.

After the first boss, he starts making extremely crude comments about one of the DPS, that were setting off my profanity filter. I asked him to please stop doing that, to which he replies "Sorry", and then starts putting spaces in his words, so that I get to see just how much profanity the guy knows. I put him on ignore.

And then he started doing something wrong. I can't exactly recall what, but it was making life much harder for the rest of us. I told him "One chance", when in retrospect, I probably should have told him what he had a chance to stop doing. The guy did it again, and I initiated a GF kick.

And then things went worse. The guy stopped healing outright, and began pulling mobs ASAP, giving no time to recover. One of the DPS had to start throwing me heals, in order to keep the group from wiping. By the time of the second boss, I was severely fed up, and took the idiot of ignore to ask "What the hell is your problem?"

Then the vote kick expired, and he started spamming the laugh emote. And then started a vote kick on me. And one of the DPS accidentally voted "Kick" instead of "Don't Kick". And then the bastard, who queued healing as a DPS when he couldn't even respect without closing the game, said "Tanks are a dime a dozen. We'll get another one."

Immediately put him on ignore, left the flashpoint, and asked both DPS what made them want to kick me. The offending DPS apologized, saying she clicked the wrong one, and the other agreed. I was later sent a message by one of them saying that the 'healer' was getting a good dose of karma, as not one loot roll was going his way. I'd have appreciated the irony more if I hadn't been put in another group finder with an similarly horrible teammate (but nowhere near as memorable).

On a better note, there was that time a sage who had been rushing the group for a speed run since the beginning, blew his top at me for my "arrogance" for standing up for a slightly undergeared DPS shadow, telling me I was on his ignore list now, and then quit the group one mob away from the final boss. According to a guildmate, he then went onto the republic fleet and ranted about me, using my (character's) name. Called me a dps tank, apparently.

Just so you know, you weren't no saint here either. You initiated a GF kick, what did you expect? Of course, he was gonna do that. And besides that, what's your problem with crude comments anyway? They were setting off your profanity filter anyways so why did you ask him to stop using them? If anyone tells me so, i would do the same. If you are one of the uppity people who can't stand a bit of swearing then fine. You have your filter for it. I am especially irrititated by people like these as i have come across people in Gen Chat who message me because i used the WT* in chat. I mean really?

And if he was insulting the DPS, why didn't he say anything? And he started doing "something" to make life harder? What was that special something?

So... I'm generally a PVP player. However, I ran into the strangest person when I was leveling up my smuggler. I queued up for the Esseles, and we're going through the flashpoint just fine without talking (except I greeted him at the beginning and did not receive a response). Everything goes without a hitch until we reach the part where the two members must be on opposite sides of the room and activate the consoles at the same time. I assume he knows what he's doing, so I go to the console on the left. He follows me. I tell him in chat to go to the other one and activate it. He doesn't respond. So I run to the other console, hoping he stays at the first one and activates it. He follows me again. So again I tell him what to do in chat. THIS TIME HE RESPONDS :eek: ... but in some weird mix of French and other languages. It may have been Creole. Now, I speak French, so I tried to get him to understand what to do by giving him instructions in French. It didn't work. THIS GOES ON FOR 45 MINUTES OF HIM FOLLOWING ME FROM CONSOLE TO CONSOLE... lol so I finally gave up and left XD

Hello ,

The weird people that I see every day ??

1 You say << Hello >> no reponse

Have you do not very want to do your role tank or heal with these people

(it is possible that we are not talking the same language)?

2 the player at level 55 ,which still has not figured out how mastered her character

3 the tank, that does not want take the slaps

but done the damage on a single target (expect to spend a bad moment)

4 the heal that make of damage EDIT : when the tank to - 40% of health

under the pretext that you do not really need to be cared

this guy is awesome ,the other two who have the role damage are there just to look pretty

5 those who have the role damage

focus their forces on the strong before the weak

if someone dies ,of course, it is the fault of tank, or heal

6 those who never thinks to use their defensive ability

7 those who have a cc but do not want to use

(Crowd control)

(Assassin-Shadow) stun a human for 60 s (out of fighting)

(Operative-Scoundrel) stun a human for 60 s (out of fighting)

Marauder, Sniper, Operative, can disable the droid

Mercenary, Sorcerer on any target

8 the people who break the crowd control

Please, avoid of being clumsy ,This is so frustrating

9 all its useless people

you will never see these people make things interesting

Marauder ,it does not use speed buff

so useful to assist tank (Czerka hm) in the desert

or at the end of cademimu hm this power can save you of time

the sorcerer , Who Does not activate the bubble That Absorbs

the tank that forgets to put his protection on someone

it would be too long, to say anything more

10 the people who have 31,000 + health (damage or heal)

Full 69 Full 72, with 75 and 78

but which in fact continues to do of **** in an hm

especially those who have 33,000 + health

all these made me laugh

I wish you a pleasant game and good laugh

Really thrilling forum

Edited by LudovicJG

4 the heal that make of damage

under the pretext that you do not really need to be cared

this guy is awesome ,the other two who have the role damage are there just to look pretty

The healer dealing damage is actually acceptable under the right circumstances, especially given a large level and/or gear discrepancy.

I ran a level 50 flashpoint on my level 54 operative the other night by accident. Not HM50, just SM50. Ran into plenty of occasions where I was sitting there twiddling my thumbs, because I had everyone at full health with two probes on each person and plenty of time to spend a GCD or two (or more!) on abilities other than heals.

When I'm critting for enough damage on an elite mob that its health drops to half, and I have plenty of time to do this in because I'm rolling in TA procs and ready to heal everyone back to full in seconds flat, you're gosh darned right I'm going to backstab to deal damage.

Edited by TorvinAugeri

Yeah in my opinion healers should be doing damage if they are having an easy time keeping the group up.

My sorc has only just hit 55, and already I am finding many trash groups in HMs so yawn-inducing that I might as well throw in a bit of lightning. It's not much, but it sure beats doing nothing. I can only imagine it gets even more relevant with more healing experience and better gear.

You also learn which trash groups are high risk and which ones are just going to tickle your tank gently. No need to go crazy healing in the latter case.

Edited by thecoffeecup

Just so you know, you weren't no saint here either. You initiated a GF kick, what did you expect? Of course, he was gonna do that. And besides that, what's your problem with crude comments anyway? They were setting off your profanity filter anyways so why did you ask him to stop using them? If anyone tells me so, i would do the same. If you are one of the uppity people who can't stand a bit of swearing then fine. You have your filter for it. I am especially irrititated by people like these as i have come across people in Gen Chat who message me because i used the WT* in chat. I mean really?

And if he was insulting the DPS, why didn't he say anything? And he started doing "something" to make life harder? What was that special something?

Because I'd forgotten that he'd already started throwing spaces into his profanity, to get it past the filter, which is what I asked him politely to stop doing. He was making sexually degrading comments about that specific character. And then he intentionally bypassed the filter with about every profane word I know just to aggravate me. You want to curse? Fine. You don't want to shut up? Fine. But intentionally cursing in a way that's just to get a rise out of me? That's ignore material.

And I believe, that what he was doing to hinder the flashpoint (but I don't totally recall it, so I didn't say it) was that he was aggroing groups before me or the DPS had a chance to heal up. What I started the GF kick for, and what he continued to do for the duration of the vote kick timer.

Of course, this happened ages ago, so I have no way of recalling what actually happened, but I do know that if I ever get one of my characters grouped up with that creep, I will immediately put him on ignore, and if he screws around with the team again, attempt another vote kick.

Edited by ekimmak

Just happened to me:

Got in a SM Hammer Station with my lvl 20 merc as dps. The other dps gets dc as soon as the phase is loaded, but we wait and she comes back. Ok. So far the group tank, a lvl 15 powertech, doesn't come to the phase and stay in DK.

Then the tank disconnects. We start without him because the first part is pretty easy. We manage to do that part where we find 2 droid bosses and some other lesser droids grouped. This is a hard fight if not properly done, but we manage it without our tank, still disconnected, without any deaths. Heck, we didn't even need serious healing in this fight.

We go as far the first trio of real bosses (Sawbones Gjonfs and 2R-CH) and win without any issue.

Then we use the console and while we are havind the conversation our tank reconnects. Our healer asks if the guy is coming. No answer at all, and even without any word the tank start a vote to KICK ME -- yes, ME!!! -- and then leaves the group. Of course, the group approves the kicking without reading the damned nick of the person to be kicked, and I'm voted out of the flashpoint after waiting for some good time to get there.

What. The. Hell?!

(sorry about my English. not my first language.)

Mando Raiders, SM, we get to the turrets by the tram, I Whirlwind one, everybody kills the other. Then the tram shows up and the tank jumps on and leaves. Other turret's still there. "Just leave it, it's CC'd." And then for the rest of the flashpoint, he insisted on killing everything. We had a Sin and an Op, and the tank apparently decided that stealth CC meant "Force Leap to this one" rather than "Let's skip these guys."

I have dropped groups for the dps doing this. I find it highly insulting. I'm either the tank all the way through it I'm not. I refuse to run with DPS who only let me fulfill my role when they deem it necessary. I will not be the meat shield you only pull out for the boss fights.

Same here and i also have had healers who just randomly heal the dps'ers but not me whilst taking 3-4 mobs......until i have to blow all my defensive cooldowns even enure and then they start to heal i seriously facepalm at those guys.....

I have dropped groups for the dps doing this. I find it highly insulting. I'm either the tank all the way through it I'm not. I refuse to run with DPS who only let me fulfill my role when they deem it necessary. I will not be the meat shield you only pull out for the boss fights.

Feeling a little entitled, are we?

So, after reading every story in this thread (yes. every single one), I decided it's time to contribute. This is not a GF story, but oh well.

I am on my (decently geared) Jugger Tank. It's the Section X Weekly, and I immediately find a group for the H4. Oh joy. We have me, a Powertech Tank, an Op Healer and a Sniper. The Sniper's gear left things to be desired, but that's not really any problem in this quest.

So, halfway through the mission, our ingenious PT Tank suddenly has an epiphany. He realises that I am, in fact, a Tank aswell. Nevermind the fact that I had, in fact, opened up every fight in the quest so far, had aggroed the mobs and all that. So anyway, he suddenly decides to go all-in try-hard Tank mode. Meaning, on the next group, I go in, taunt to make sure everything's on me, throw Saber Reflect, and then he uses Sonic Missile to take the aggro away from me. This happens again for the next group. So, good guy me, I switch to my only other stance to make things easier for him and to do more damage myself.

But then, it happened. The final boss. The things I've seen, people. In the beginning, everything is fine. I manage to interrupt his move that heals him back to nearly fully HP (Force Siphon, I believe). But then, when he casts it again, I'm still on cooldown untill the last instant of the cast and I don't get it in time. So he heals back to nearly full. Rinse and repeat. For a solid 3 minutes, despite everyone in our group having an interrupt, I'm the only one using it. Unless, and that would be laughable, try-hard Tank mode involves using your interrupts at the exact same time as the other Tank.

Anyway, "Mr. Try-Hard" eventually listens to our Op healer and decides on an order for the interrupts. Nevermind that nobody followed his specific order and that I still have to do a majority of it (I actually had to go to 10m range to interrupt his heal with Force Leap because my interrupt was on cooldown and noone else would do it :rolleyes:) , we finally manage to do it. Good god. I never experienced that fight like this before, I hope it happens never again.

Edited by Darkelefantos

Feeling a little entitled, are we?

No, as someone who has played all three roles since Everquest (though I sucked as a healer in Everquest... having to sit down to regen mana was annoying) I agree with him completely. Know your role, perform your role, and everything should go smoothly. When the dps tries to tank without the proper gear and abilities it creates more work for the healer. Nothing annoys me more as a healer than having to heal DPS that constantly think they are the tank (AoE attacks I understand) and so decide to attack CCed mobs because the tank is tanking the other one.

When I am DPS, I try to follow the tank's lead. When I am tanking, I expect others to follow my lead. It's not entitlement, as I said, when I am DPS or healer, I follow the tank's lead. So, it's not about me, it's about the tank.

Edited by AbsolutGrndZero