Operative Concealment dps (Kephees nightmare kill)

Concealment dps - 1802 dps - HATRED - title

heres a post of our last semi alt title run kill, my operative perspective again but this time concealment, so people can stop saying concealment ops cant dps, just need to do it right and dps is just fine... Torparse is top 3 best Dps behind a PT and my other alt marauder 1805 dps (complete fights), so yeah next time someone say ops cant dps, show them this link or my other video in lethality. :D

torparse: http://www.torparse.com/a/126922

Grats.

People keep complaining their class is UP and devs keep replying that their internal testing shows all classes as viable. My belief is that some classes/specs have a more simple/intuitive rotation to get a baseline viable dps for progression level content. Cudos on showing that operatives can get it done.

You massively fluffed your actual DPS by cranking out disgusting DPS numbers on the Trenchcutters. Just because you can AoE the living bejeesus out of stuff *like every other Agent/Smuggler* does not mean you're pulling *teh amazing DPS*. Your actual applied DPS, when DPS is actually important (re: ST DPS on Kephess exclusive and you don't have 2+ targets to DoT up and inflate your DPS with), was in the 1400-1500 range. You're not pulling amazing numbers and neither are any other Operatives or Scoundrels. Edited by Kitru

You massively fluffed your actual DPS by cranking out disgusting DPS numbers on the Trenchcutters. Just because you can AoE the living bejeesus out of stuff *like every other Agent/Smuggler* does not mean you're pulling *teh amazing DPS*. Your actual applied DPS, when DPS is actually important (re: ST DPS on Kephess exclusive and you don't have 2+ targets to DoT up and inflate your DPS with), was in the 1400-1500 range. You're not pulling amazing numbers and neither are any other Operatives or Scoundrels.

Glad I was saved the trouble of checking for that. Flyby / Orbital Strike can provide huge DPS boosts that are certainly helpful in some fights, but aren't the same thing as having balanced single target DPS.

at first I was impressed then I looked at the breakdown of dmg dealt on the fight...then I laughed a bunch. 192k dmg...his highest dps numbers by a lot...come from Orbital strike. from the looks of his other numbers without his AoE boost he was pulling around 1550-1600 dps...fair, but not impressive.

You massively fluffed your actual DPS by cranking out disgusting DPS numbers on the Trenchcutters. Just because you can AoE the living bejeesus out of stuff *like every other Agent/Smuggler* does not mean you're pulling *teh amazing DPS*. Your actual applied DPS, when DPS is actually important (re: ST DPS on Kephess exclusive and you don't have 2+ targets to DoT up and inflate your DPS with), was in the 1400-1500 range. You're not pulling amazing numbers and neither are any other Operatives or Scoundrels.

meeeh

Edited by Carlenux

my operative can pull 1920-1950 no armor reduction in dummy, just like all other classes but marauders/PTs

Post *that* parse and I'll believe you.

What I *said* was that you didn't actually deal 1.9k DPS in the sense that *everyone else on the planet uses it*: on Kephess, you managed all of 1.4k DPS during a phase where you're given free reign to just dump damage into the boss. During that same phase, everyone else is going to be pulling 1.8k or more if they have even the remotest clue what they're doing. The *only* reason you're pulling 1.9k DPS *on average* is because your numbers are massively inflated by multi-dotting (as evidenced by the percentages of total damage on every other phase for DoTs and ST attacks being different from your Kephess phase) and AoE abuse. There are gunslingers that have pulled in excess of 2.5k DPS on entire boss fights: it wasn't because they were actually dealing 2.5k DPS on single targets; it was because they were using and abusing their AoEs. The same goes for any class with substantial AoE or multi-dotting capability on a fight where multiple enemies are present on a regular basis.

You did not, in the sense that *everyone else* uses the term, pull 1.9k DPS. You pulled 1.9k total DPS, factoring in your AoE, for the entire fight. A properly played gunslinger would pull *way* more than that, because they're going to pull 1.9k ST DPS and then inflate that number further by using their AoEs just like you did.

In short, no, you haven't proven your point in *any* way, shape, or form. You cherrypicked a parse for a specific fight where it *looks* like you did a lot of DPS at a cursory glance. Anyone that actually knows how to read parses, however, knows that you never even got close to making your point. In fact, it did quite the opposite since you really were managing 1.4k ST DPS, which is exactly why people keep saying Scoundrels are bad.

edit: lol, and you edited out your entire reply and replace it with a nonsense dismissal. Good job there.

Edited by Kitru

180k or something from my 980k dmg is done by AoE... 17% of the dmg, is not even 1/4 of my total dmg... it is part of the fight mechanic, so if u have a class that can use orbital, Dfrom above or carnage mara, jugg w/e and not using it, meh u are doing something stupid (unless your strat is different ofcourse), not trying to say i can pull off more dps than mara and PT, i cant, in fact i cant in dummy, i am 200 dps behing, i can beat them in raid ofcourse most of times i do, and against rly good i am just behind like 20-35dps not the 200 differencial in the dummy, but thats just me, ive seen others do worse, and prob others do better, and i play a marauder a sorc an op both spec a ssin a merc and a jugg dps, tested them all, all viable, all good enough, there is no such thing as underpowered class... PTs and mara are stupid easy to do dps indeed, OPs/Ssin are a bit harder, being op alot harder, but thats part of the game, master the art of your AC to be just as good as others, just bcause almost no one can play an op or ssin at top potential, doesnt mean they are underpowered, they just dont know how, they might or might not beat a mara or pt or merc, in an specific fight, but all the ACs are way ahead of the dps curve needed in all the fights in the game, all are good balanced, and none is underpowered... marauder do more dps cus they are useless, they dps and tahts it, have no other thing to be useful... and PTs have too many buff talents when most class ahve barely 1 or 2 (armor pen on rail shot, like 6% + crit, + more crit on specific spells, 9% aim, more dmg under 30%. proc that make your best attack free/refresh) they are like the combination of all good talent trees, lethalithy/operative/merc/marauder/assasin everyithing, so if they reduce that a bit they will be more balanced, since they are good class since can offtank/grapple if needed while dps.... rest of the classes have alot of useful things to use to be useful, heals/stealth/B.rez/pulls/push/more stuns/longer range/aoe Def shields, thats why they are more valuable with less dps.

it was 192k...it was your highest dmg ability...combine it with your frag grenade dmg your aoe makes up over 20% of your dmg. Your sustained dps appears to be capping out around 1550-1600 dps on the fight. Please post parses for other fights ie Tanks or toth and zorn. Posting a parse for a fight with high AoE is not proof of anything other than agent/smugg aoe is overpowered.

Well done on being able to complete Kephess NiM as an operative. You are playing a class that is seldom used in PvE content. Kudos. Besides that, I have to agree with everyone else here. You should compare yourself with a Sniper/Gun Slinger of equal gear/skill in the fight to see how your damage really matches up.

Thx for clarifying things, I though too it was pretty obvious. Let this epic clicker show us his impressive DPS on a training dummy he wont get any more than 1,4 k LoooooooooooooL

Thx for clarifying things, I though too it was pretty obvious. Let this epic clicker show us his impressive DPS on a training dummy he wont get any more than 1,4 k LoooooooooooooL

If he breaks 1.6k on the dummy (prior to new BiS and Makeb) I'll eat my keyboard.

If he breaks 1.6k on the dummy (prior to new BiS and Makeb) I'll eat my keyboard.

To be fair his recent dummy parses are on par with other high end raiding operatives, mid 1800's usually.

but, and this is the big but....

Soon as he has to move, he can't maintain that same dps. Compared to other melee classes that are equipped with tools to let them stay mobile, operatives do not have that or its incredibly difficult.

Edited by IAmViiOLENT

• 2 weeks later...