Khem Val: Best. Companion. Ever.

Heezdedjim

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few days ago I finally finished Khem's storyline with my assassin. Been 50 for a while but neglected him except for having him craft.

I cheered out loud when Zash was exorcised for good and felt more than a tinge of guilt for the neglect.

In fact, I suppose a public announcement is in order: I'm sorry for treating you like a simple errand boy, Khem- please have no qualms about snacking on Ashara if you're feeling peckish.

It took me a while but in the end- yep, I'm a Khem convert :)

A few days ago I finally finished Khem's storyline with my assassin. Been 50 for a while but neglected him except for having him craft.

I cheered out loud when Zash was exorcised for good and felt more than a tinge of guilt for the neglect.

In fact, I suppose a public announcement is in order: I'm sorry for treating you like a simple errand boy, Khem- please have no qualms about snacking on Ashara if you're feeling peckish.

It took me a while but in the end- yep, I'm a Khem convert :)

Haha!!! I rushed the end of my class story because I felt so sorry for Khem I wanted him freed.

er, in what way would that be an improvement?

I'd say a walking library of Sith knowledge (immortality including) is definitely an improvement over some random grunt who won't shut up about how great Tulak Hord was.

If he's so awesome how come he's more squishy than Sponge Bob in a barrel of octopuses?

Tank companions in this game are just trashy - unfortunately I don't see any way around Khem Val for a lot of sorcerers.

Edited by jgelling

If he's so awesome how come he's more squishy than Sponge Bob in a barrel of octopuses?

Tank companions in this game are just trashy - unfortunately I don't see any way around Khem Val for a lot of sorcerers.

Talos and you be the tank. Its what I do. But he grows on you in time ^_^.

Well if you're an assassin - you don't seriously just use Talos as a sorc?

I use Talos as a Sorc, and works out fine :) I love flaying people alive with lightning, while Talos pelts me with green goo that keeps me alive and... flaying people alive with lightning! :D

I seriously hate healing... and that includes healing my companions. I prefer them to be self-sufficient :) Plus the dude's comments are hilarious :p

Edited by GryphonSatyr

I use Talos as a Sorc, and works out fine :) I love flaying people alive with lightning, while Talos pelts me with green goo that keeps me alive and... flaying people alive with lightning! :D

I seriously hate healing... and that includes healing my companions. I prefer them to be self-sufficient :) Plus the dude's comments are hilarious :p

Well sorc healing is ridiculous when you start dealing with high-level enemies (or God forbid other players) - WAY too many spells interrupt the strong heal with the absurd cast time and the fast heal is horridly mana inefficient. Sorc healing is pretty lame, IMO. Maybe others can make it work but I think BW pretty much disabled a lot of its utility in 1.2

I'd feel a little squishy playing tank as a sorc - but of course you can do anything in the regular game if you're over-leveled or equipped with top-notch stuff. Still I'd be afraid of strong powertechs with Talos as a companion. They can cripple and DoT you to death without a tank.

Well sorc healing is ridiculous when you start dealing with high-level enemies (or God forbid other players) - WAY too many spells interrupt the strong heal with the absurd cast time and the fast heal is horridly mana inefficient. Sorc healing is pretty lame, IMO. Maybe others can make it work but I think BW pretty much disabled a lot of its utility in 1.2

I'd feel a little squishy playing tank as a sorc - but of course you can do anything in the regular game if you're over-leveled or equipped with top-notch stuff. Still I'd be afraid of strong powertechs with Talos as a companion. They can cripple and DoT you to death without a tank.

Well, I'm level 50, and mostly just do dailies now, waiting for my friends to catch up to do the Flashpoints and all ;)

My specs are fairly balanced, and I have mostly purple gear on both me and Talos.

But Talos got me through killing Thanaton, so I think I'm good with him :D

I love Khem! He's totally reliable...unlike you REAL PLAYERS! Khem likes to run INTO my purple circles, not out of them, for example :p. I get it though, some people aren't cut out to level like healers and heal your tanks. If you have to use a dps companion though (some of you mentioned that its slow leveling with Khem) its better to wait for Ashara and drop circles on both of you. Andronikus is waaay squishier than Khem and is supposed to act as ranged dps so if he pulls all the agro off of you then you are pretty much ruined since his melee is non-existent. Personally I don't care how "long" (level 50 is a super low level cap so soloing as heals with Khem really should only take you maybe a month or so to get max level) it takes to level as a healer, since you should be learning how to utilize every ability you have and figure out how to cc mobs or burn trash down as necessary - which is what you do if you play heals at max level in an FP or even ops anyways.

I'm always the woman , who likes "the big, freaky aliens" .

Fell in love with Khem, and though I'm only in my low teens, I'm leveling pretty well as a Sorc .

Anyone have a favorite Khem skin ? Mine is the green skin, followed by the red skin with the junkie white warpaint . I'm just not into the blue/red skin .

It's really nice to have a companion who shares my Inquisitor's interests - devouring the souls of force users.

The not-taking-sides end of Khem's quest chain was absolutely perfect too.

Edited by Lakhesis

I just started my Inquisitor a few days ago, and just got Khem. I was kind of disappointed, as I like my Consular a lot, except for the companions (especially Qyzen Fess). So, I thought I'd try an Inquisitor to play the same style, but with different companions who weren't a big, dumb, sword-wielding lizard. So, instead of a big, dumb, sword-wielding lizard, I have a big, dumb, sword wielder who looks like the squash in "Plants vs. Zombies".

On the other hand, I did like the scene at the Dromund Kaas spaceport that others mentioned. If he has a sense of humor that Mr. Lizard doesn't have, I might get to like him better.

Khem really is awesome, for all you nay-sayers take this into account; if they had made Khem equal in tanking ability as a playable character we would be unstoppable and have a clear advantage over every other class. I am glad he isn't too good, if he was I would use him as a crutch and not use my toons full potential. If you spend the time to logically think about your spell rotation when you use him as your tank you can not only deal out the damage but keep Khem conveniently topped off as well.

If you are DPS spec I personally go for a higher dps companion like Andronikis, however having Khem around to pick up the threat is a blessing when you are using your channeled spells. Khem shines most when paired with heals; some say that it is slow dps, I disagree, if you know your spell rotation you can easily pop a quick heal on Khem w/o breaking your rotation. If you pick up the required skills in the healing tree your resurgence basically supercharges your other heals exponentially. The only thing I find annoying with khem is his tendency to break my whirlwind, however this is easily remedied by disabling that ability (although that is his big threat builder...)

To those who say Khem sucks you probably aren't utilizing him as he was intended. He is not a main tank, you can't expect to solo a +4 with him, however I have done plenty of +2's solo with Khem, it just takes awareness and skill.

Anyhow, that's my two cents... :rak_03:

Honestly as a character i kind of didnt like him I leveled as a healer so yes it was the dispute of not enough damage being done at a point and stuff took forever to kill but maybe if i was dps i might of used him more. As far as his character wise he seemed kind of all must die and didn't really as i would put it look at the bigger picture and would complain alot at half of the things I did n why i did it as i did. Soon as i got Ashara she pretty much fit my playstyle as gray more or less and also had damage to do with it so worked out fine for me.

Have no idea what is with all the khem lovers, but every

Inquisitor I talked to one on one, (sorcs AND sins) say khem is useless.

And a lot of these people vote for khem in public.

Srs guys.. You can say how you feel about stuff. Just cuz ur not

In the Kool Khem Klub, doesn't make you any less cool...

Please have the courage to have your own personality.