What kind of goverment is the Sith Empire?

dark_wolf

I'm just wondering what kind of government is the Sith Empire? I've included my theories on it and would like to hear your all's.

The Sith Empire seems to be a very strange hybrid form of government to me and sometimes I find myself wondering how they've lasted so long with their system being so strange. The economy seems rather Fascist since private companies seem to exist and are allowed to make a profit, but are required to work alongside the government. The Empire also seems to have a theocratic element in the fact that the Sith are the ruling class and are above even the military. The Sith themselves seem to hold rather Objectivist views about the nature of the individual.

Semi-meritocratic expansionist militaristic dictatorship with a bit of a personality cult going on.

Total power invested in one figure (The Emperor); order maintained by military forces and intelligence agencies; skill can help you progress as a normal citizen but even the Grand Moffs and Keeper answer to the Sith at the end of the day, and good officers can be passed over for promotion by the backstabbing created in the culture of fear within the ranks - not popular with your CO? Off to Hoth you go, never to be heard from again.

Edited by Geohydratmo

I gotta go with ScheurK on this, at times it seems like the Sith on the sidelines just walk in and assume role and ownership whenever they feel like it.

But really, in the grand scheme of Darth Sidious I'd like to call him Das Führer of the Nazi Empire! And the mighty Aryan clones!

I would have to go with a Theocracy...The Dark Council in theory functioning parallel to the the government. This would account for the Sith only getting involved when they feel like it and not worrying about all the day to day running of the Empire. The Sith still maintain absolute control as the Emperor/Dark Council would be making all the high level appointments etc. It would also explain the divide between Sith and Military/Intel. The military functions for and by the government but are still subject to decisions made by the Dark Council. A real world example of this would be Iran.

I gotta go with ScheurK on this, at times it seems like the Sith on the sidelines just walk in and assume role and ownership whenever they feel like it.

But really, in the grand scheme of Darth Sidious I'd like to call him Das Führer of the Nazi Empire! And the mighty Aryan clones!

Der Führer.

I think people are over thinking this. Seems to me to be a simple fascist regime, not unlike Nazi Germany. The Emporer (Hitler) the Sith (Think Goebbels) Moffs (Waffen SS) and standard issue Military personnel as the German Army. Then of course the regular citizens.