Telekinetic Wave = Telekinetic Yawn

Elfa

Most of their attacks are fine, just the Throw feels weak. A pebble storm just doesn't cut it for a fully geared Consular.

I don't know man. You get to stone people to death, which is a pretty gruesome way to kill a person and you still get to stay on the light side! :jawa_biggrin:

Personally, I think both sith and jedi abilities are very inline with their movie and book qualities. Sith are passionate and flashy, jedi are calm and peaceful. I love how my character just looks like she is wandering around the battlefield helping those she can and clearing any obstacle she can't.

^.^.

Well said. :)

Personally, I think both sith and jedi abilities are very inline with their movie and book qualities. Sith are passionate and flashy, jedi are calm and peaceful. I love how my character just looks like she is wandering around the battlefield helping those she can and clearing any obstacle she can't.

^.^.

A third for this opinion. I don't want my sage looking too mean and ferocious. It's not the Jedi way.

I think we could go for something different than pebble throw though, since we already have the pretty great Project. But i would be hard pressed to try to think up a different animation for a channeled attack that wasn't flashy or menacing and different than pebble throw.

So, overall i have absolutely no complaints with it. It fits the archetype and philosophies, just like the lightning attacks from inquis fit their archetype and philosophies.

A third for this opinion. I don't want my sage looking too mean and ferocious. It's not the Jedi way.

I think we could go for something different than pebble throw though, since we already have the pretty great Project. But i would be hard pressed to try to think up a different animation for a channeled attack that wasn't flashy or menacing and different than pebble throw.

So, overall i have absolutely no complaints with it. It fits the archetype and philosophies, just like the lightning attacks from inquis fit their archetype and philosophies.

I have no intention of seeing the Sage become ferocious or flashy. This is about them having an often used attack that just seems flat and boring after its 20th use and almost grating after its 2000th. I want the attack to feel like it's dangerous. This just doesn't, not anymore.

I made a suggestion quite a while ago to make it more of a Channeled Project. think about its current casting animation, Instead of the pebbles it basically launches Rocks/debris at them so its basically casting 3 'projects'. BW could make the animation a little more snazzy by instead of just throwing three 'rocks' at them, You first lift the rocks and they hover around your character and it begins launching them every second. Then they could just fall and fade away if interrupted.

EDIT: OR it could have an animation similar to that of the way Sidious throws those round booth thingys at Yoda near the end of Episode 3.

Edited by DeludedAussie

I made a suggestion quite a while ago to make it more of a Channeled Project. think about its current casting animation, Instead of the pebbles it basically launches Rocks/debris at them so its basically casting 3 'projects'. BW could make the animation a little more snazzy by instead of just throwing three 'rocks' at them, You first lift the rocks and they hover around your character and it begins launching them every second. Then they could just fall and fade away if interrupted.

EDIT: OR it could have an animation similar to that of the way Sidious throws those round booth thingys at Yoda near the end of Episode 3.

While your idea would look cool, it unfortunitely would take a lot longer than the sith ability. That was why the original Project got changed, because it was faster imp side. There would be no balance between the mirrors.

The only real fix I can see for this would be to add in "Forcey" lines or a powerfull "Wind" like effect. I don't want that, as I can see the "Avatar" rip offs coming out in droves.

I've been thinking about this and I think I've got a neat idea. Have the pebbles that you toss, start to encircle the target after reaching him, making it appear that you're creating a whirlwind of damaging debris on the target.

Gotta say, planned to roll a new "Jedi Sage" because I like sorceror class so much, and those pebbles are giving me pause. Probably gonna go shadow just because the animation is boring.

No class relies on a single attack like Sage/Sorceror does with the lightning/rocks. The idea of spamming them constantly through a whole playthrough is a little dispiriting.

I agree big rocks would be preferable.

I have been and always will be disappointed with the choice of names for Telekinetic Throw and Project. I wish they'd reverse their names instead. But as far as the OP goes, I'm fine with it but that's because it's purely cosmetic. Telekinetic Throw may not seem like it's as ****** as Force Lightning but graphics don't count for numbers when you're hitting the same ranges, if specced right. That alone, I'm ok with. I'll stick to throwing pebbles, you stick to your lightning, lets fight, and see who hurts more :p

Telekinetic Wave however, I do miss the whole jump and land on the floor. It's more flare-ish while Overload is straight up brute-ish, but I would like to see it changed back. Unless if that was a bug, if so nevermind.

Off topic, they do need to switch the names of TT and P. I think of the analogy they portray - a projector for example throws an image onto a surface and streams it for continued footage. Meanwhile Telekinetic Throw best reminds me of games like Psi Ops where you target one specific object and chuck it at your opponent.