Post 1.1 Ilum PVP Issues Discussion

JovethGonzalez

So not in favor of bannings that would be stupid bc it's the patches fault.

It will annoy me but I can accept valor rollback even though this has not been a problem yet on my server, though I am sure it will soon enough.

I would agree that illum should be taken offline soon until something is done either way.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/9164/ilum1j.jpg

http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/5666/ilum2.jpg

Those and the fact that newly dinged lvl 50 Imps are now Valor rank 65+ already says it all.

How is it possible that no one at Bioware was able to foresee those problems ? I know that you cant control (at least not directly) which side players want to play, but for starters you could have made sure that those sides are really equal.

It feels like you started the development on the Imp Side and ran out of time to make it to the release. The Rep Station has Imp Flag reflections on the floor... Come on.

Same faction PvP was a nice idea, but by doing that you took out the main reason for people to switch sides. Not only do they gear as fast as the weaker side, with 1.1 you even made sure they gear faster. Your game fails to deliver on the PvE side, the only fun part left was PvP. And with that sorry excuse for a patch you ruined that as well.

With all the PvP drama you didn't even get feedback on the rest of 1.1 yet... The performance is worse than before, but now i even get random loading screens in between.

I canceled my sub, and will gladly be back when you FIXED the 1.1 Problem. If you have the balls to Rollback and undo the damage im in again. But somehow i don't think that will happen.

So, to all the cry babies out there that they have not fixed this.

How long have the servers been up with this patch? It takes time to isolate the parts of the patch that is causing this and then implement a fix. Patience is a virtue, a virtue that most of you do not have.

Also, until this is fixed, just don't play PvP on Ilum. Problem solved until an actual fix is implemented by bioware.

I agree there should be a rollback due to the huge exploits that are being done. But, many are calling for a faction balance. Bioware is not responsible for people wanting to play Empire. Get over it. It's the same thing that originally happened in World of Warcraft. There was a huge faction issue but it eventually fixed itself with server transfers and what not.

The game is not even a month old and this is Bioware's first MMO. You have to give it time so that problems can come to light and then be fixed. If you remember, this same thing happened back in WoW.

I, for one, am sticking with this game for a while. Something as minor as this when you look at the big picture is not enough to cancel a subscription. All the crybabies and whiners can go back to WoW and prepare for their world of pandacraft and go out and catch all the pokemon for the next expansion.

I dont complain about it not being fixed yet ,I complain about the servers/Ilum still being up and kept exploited! Is it really that hard to realise that you have ****ed up and shut the servers down?

The only ones who will be found complaining then are the tards that enjoyed the exploit. And do we care about their opinions? No sir, we do not.

Hi folks,

We're currently investigating potential issues related to the Ilum open world PVP area post 1.1. We understand that this is a topic of much discussion and we ask that you please direct all discussions to this thread.

As always, we ask that the community keep the following things on mind when responding:

• No insults, name calling, or personal attacks
  • Please stay on topic.
  • If someone violates the Rules of Conduct, please flag it instead of replying to it.

We will update as soon as we have more information.

I would like to congratulate you for making WARhammer part 2. I thought that was impossible to make to see such bad game performance and design with hard LAG spikes and fps drops to 0 in pvp zones or any zone that has over 150 players. Not to mention you had couple of great MMO-s in past to learn from their mistakes and assuring those same mistakes wont happen in currently n1. brand new MMO game in the world. But dont worry, we all gonna roll alts and watch such beautiful cut scenes from every class in the game, then stop playing as we watched every great movie there is to see in this game.

Job well done kind sir:cool:

Edited by TCFinwe

This first Game Update will show everyone how serious we are about expanding Star Wars: The Old Republic, and there’s much more to come. We have another major update planned for March and future content arriving throughout 2012 and 2013.

(Written by James Ohlen Game Director)

Haha oke...this was the funniest thing ive read so far today! We can see how serious you are...with messing this game up...And really, more content ? I don't think you will have enough subs by the time you reach your next content patch. Cause you can not afford it anymore by that time. IF you do not roll back the servers.

It's pretty sad, so much love went into making this game, to be ruined from a couple of very effective dumb decisions. I got this game because the PvP in it was awesome at first, I had a great time PvPing all through the leveling process. At 50, it was a bit shaky due to Ilum design and faction imbalance. I kept going and got battlemaster and some shiny new gear, it wasn't easy but I had a really good time doing it. Now to see this patch...honestly I wish I had the words to explain my disgust. I love video games and it definitely hurts to see the potential of such a great game brought to its knees. I wish I could just do PvE and forget about it, but my heart lies in PvP. So good luck to everyone, including BioWare, I will see you in Mass Effect 3.

I was a rank 62 Vanguard, now the Republic has one less PvPer as I quit.

Free Ilum tip: Ok you want turrets to give valor and give something an organized group can earn. So just make the turret respawn and have a 20min buff that pretty much kills everything around it, that way Republic has a safe place to spawn and Imperials can do something on Ilum if theres no PvP going on.

Edited by ReSeNt

so what have we learned from this?

pvp stats are a bad idea.

tying pvp stats into a vertical progression is a worse idea.

having vertical progression based on a two faction system where there WILL ALWAYS BE POPULATION IMBALANCE IS A TERRIBLE IDEA.

i thought you guys would have learned this from WAR? or did you decide, in your arrogance that you could do a better job of managing the same problems? did you think that regardless of all the evidence against what you tried to achieve, that you could simply get away with making the same mistakes and saying "it's okay, it'll work this time"?

rant over.

and now to finding solutions:

1. remove expertise as of right now. bring all servers down for one hour, remove it from the game until you can find a better use for it.
  2. whilst the servers are down, rollback all valor on all servers gained after 2am (when the servers went down for maintenance).
  3. remove valor from everything except player kills.
  4. add a scaling valor bonus for underdog factions, it should be additive, and cap at 400% bonus for being outnumbered by 4:1 or greater, and start at 25% bonus for being outnumbered by 1.25:1, this should apply to ilum only.
  5. on pvp servers, remove the ability to roll characters on both factions. if a player has characters on both factions already they must delete one faction before being allowed to log into the game.
  6. add a +100% valor bonus (additive) to the underdog faction on any server.

this should give underdog players a sufficient incentive (valor wise) to stay in the fight and keep playing, with a total of 900% valor bonus if they are:

• out numbered on their server
  • out numbered by 4:1 or greater in ilum
  • control all of the ilum objectives

hopefully this won't get lost in the firestorm that is this thread...

Do killing turrets actually give Valor? If so, prove it.

Even if the turrent valor exploit was made up and not just hotfixed, the fact that one faction can spawn-camp the other factions base and leave them with no way to leave (minus warzone queue/boot) is ridiculous. Add on top of that the +400% valor gain from controlling the zone and it seems apparent that something needs to be done.

edit: and I'm Imperial :p

Edited by trotsky_tor

rollback lol, why do you need a rollback when there isnt something crazy like arenas where gear really does matter. once you get that 60 valor then grind your battlemaster gear *** are you planning on doing, i know you wont be playing that 8+ hour day on swtor anymore

You didn't even make it past 1.

"PvP is based on equal numbers fighting each other."

Queue Warzones. Ilum is supposed to be open world PvP. This by definition implies imbalance in population as evidenced by every single MMO that's ever had it.

What they need to address is ways to create a situation where a lower population side can compete. Populations ebb and flow over the course of a game, but it's rarely quick. Some games buff the undermanned side. Some offer incentives to roll there. Some provide NPC's to help fight.

Ilum needs tactical objectives. Allow for mobility of smaller groups and force larger groups to spread out. I know they are aware of this concept as they've mentioned it.

what they need to do is lower the valor gain. i'm seeing imps go from valor rank 35 to battlemaster already and it's only been a couple of hours

how do you think that's going to affect warzones?? hmmmm???

1% is something I have never heard of.

If you're going to ask 20 Republics to feed 4,000,000 Imperials you better give them a 1,000% valor bonus or it isn't worth the time.

Reading comprehension (or math comprehension) for the fail. In your example, the 20 Republic would be getting 399,998% more Valor (in other words, 1 Valor earned would really give you 399,998 Valor),

My system actually scales with how broken their game is!

Woho seeing my pic circeling around the forums everywhere :D

Feel free to continue posting http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/2971/patch11awesome.png around! me and zpliff Loves our new found stardom!

Guild karma will probably change name to "Death by Ilum"

enjoy and gl all :p

Love how the chat announces all the players, and it's Only sith inquisitors with 1 operative xD fantastic!

To people saying the turrets don't give valor.. OK let say you are right.

There are still major issues regarding the valor in Ilum.

A friend of mine who plays empire went from valor rank 55 to 60 within 3 hours just by standing in the republic base.

SO SOMETHING IS SERIOUSLY FUKKED UP HERE

exactly

if its not turrets it means its something even stupider than turrets

and no i would not even be surprised

Hmm wow? I looked at a bunch of pics and videos from this thread and I have to say, I'm not setting foot on Ilum until this is fixed. I worked really hard to be Valor 65, and now you can apparently afk in the Republic base and gain enough to get there in 3 hours?!

Server rollback, anyone? I'm all for open world PvP, but I'm pretty disappointed with what I'm seeing... :(