Companions 101: Vette

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fix the bloody shock collar glitch!!!!

It's still on the default Vette.

I have to disagree. I wanted to leave the collar on, but had to take it off to progress the story.

I was pleasantly surprised that it still shows her as wearing it.

Put a different 'relationship' option in for those that don't want to remove the collar IMO.

I have to disagree. I wanted to leave the collar on, but had to take it off to progress the story.

I was pleasantly surprised that it still shows her as wearing it.

Put a different 'relationship' option in for those that don't want to remove the collar IMO.

Then you took it off... it's gone. Also, why did you HAVE to take it off? It's optional, isn't it?

And wait... you want to keep a shock collar on her but still have her be your girlfriend, am I reading that right?

Edited by AbsolutGrndZero

I'm not very fond of Vette, once I was able to I was quick to replace her, she does not fit well with a Sith. She whines way too much, and most of the darkside choices I've found fall under one of her dislikes.

Sith are by nature cruel. Thus is the reason why my affection for this companion will forever remain low.

I FULLY agree... she just did not fit in with the Dark path I want to follow.... Dark Jeasa though, fits in just right.

Actually,, I happen to like Vette, and I am rather annoyed that they removed the ability to kill Quinn that they had in beta. I would gladly sacrifice my healer and take a few dark side points on my otherwise pure light Sith Warrior to kill Quinn.

I wish they had stayed with the original concept of being able to kill companions and customizing companion roles via a "kit". I would have been soo happy to have Vette as my healer and shoved Quinn out the nearest airlock.

I wish they had stayed with the original concept of being able to kill companions and customizing companion roles via a "kit". I would have been soo happy to have Vette as my healer and shoved Quinn out the nearest airlock.

Oh yeah I remember the companion kits... yeah those were nice... :(

I simply adore Vette.

Like many others here, Vette is the only companion so far which has really affected the way I play my character. While going full dark side never was an option for me (since about half of the darkside options imo are not about fighting for the empire but simply about being an arrogant jerk), I wanted to go "neutral". Needless to say, Vette pulled my solidly over to the light side.

My Vette favourite moment so far (I am paraphrasing, since it happend some time ago), happend upon leaving Balmorra (IIRC).

Vette (sarcastic): So, off to another world to destroy and dominate.

SW: You know, destruction is always only the last option for me.

Vette: Well, your list of options must be awfully short then. I just hope that the next Planet at least has a beach.

Edited by Arutar

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I went thru 3 customizations to find one I liked! Before I noticed to use google to find them. :confused:

Any hoot, I used the "Sith" -ish Dark Red Twi'lek, (but she looked nothing like Darth Talon to me); So then I went Light Blue, which was alright for a while (because she was a lighter shade of everyone else blue Twi'lek "Vette"); till I found the one!!!

My sweet sweet Peach colored Twl'kek.... then she started to suck, :rolleyes: And used Quinn the rest of the way! LOL :D

Till I got my apprentice of'course! :p

Malavai Quinn

And the question I would like asked. 'Why even with 10,000 affection and helping him in every possible occassion, and fighting by his side he still does what he does."

And by that I mean betray you to a man that tried to blow him up in an explosion and set his apprentice to kill him.

It makes the story seem fixed and no choices have any effect so its much like Dragon Age 2 where all you do is sit on the side line and watch things happen that you can't change. And that was so popular.

This is by far the most frustrating thing I encountered during the warrior story line, nobody does that to a sith and gets away with it. Yet here we are left with no options other than to accept him because hes a fixed companion...

Even when I brought him to confront Baras absolutely nothing was mentioned by either party, very disappointing.

• 2 weeks later...

Vette had me at 'Chirp Chirp'. Her sassy comments make me laugh out loud. The one that stands out most is when Quinn describes Hoth. Her reaction is "*Cough Cough* Boss, I'm not feeling so well. Maybe I should stay on the ship" or something like that. That and her Woo-hoo during fights. Or "Boss there shooting at us!" in space combat. So much to love about her character--great voice acting too!

Quinn? That SOB would be an icy corpse in space. To have to put up with his presence makes my warrior fume with rage. To learn that you could kill off companions in an earlier version makes me sad that it was tossed. Bring it back! I don't ever want to see Quinn again!

Edited by EbidamMothma
sassy instead of cheeky

This. This, this, this, this.

I humbly BEG AND PLEAD that the next "HK" either be a new healer companion or a means to "teach" a companion a new role.

And then, please, let me put Quinn in a new spot on my ship. Right behind the door labeled "Airlock."

• 2 months later...

I'm a big fan of Vette. I use her in equal rotation with Quinn. In fact those two are the only companions I used after the other companions failed my expectations in ability and personality.

Vette picking at Quinn till he erupted in a highly vexed rant had me laughing. Her picking at him put me in mind that on top of wanting to knock Imperials down a peg, she also thinks stuffy, highbrow Quinn is a challenge worth pursuing. It's been on the back of my mind throughout that adversarial opposites often forge the strongest friendships given the right trigger.

• 3 months later...

Dear wifey,

Why have you stopped mailing me since your 3rd letter?

I took you to see the Mesas of Makeb and everything but all you've done is make a couple jokes - adorable jokes yes, but still I want more. You haven't given me a kiss in over an Act, how can my heart survive?:(

Dear wifey,

I took you to see the Mesas of Makeb and everything but all you've done is make a couple jokes - adorable jokes yes, but still I want more. You haven't given me a kiss in over an Act, how can my heart survive?:(

I ask that of all my toon's companions. You're not alone, I feel the same way lol.

Dear wifey,

Wow.. So this!! It has been a year since I got anything from Kira.. Risha hasn't said one word to me since.. She still sleeps in the engine room..

I didn't even bother with my shadow..

But yes... They need to make it so they send us love letters or something.. Maybe even a honey do list quest or something.. :D

Wow.. So this!! It has been a year since I got anything from Kira.. Risha hasn't said one word to me since.. She still sleeps in the engine room..

But yes... They need to make it so they send us love letters or something.. Maybe even a honey do list quest or something.. :D

Yup, just like real marriage:D

It's almost like a real marriage,:eek: no more fun times after you put on the ring:mad:

LOL, you're not kidding, I know. Been married 23 years, and we did have a lot more fun before the big party lol. But all in all it's not so bad. At least he talks to me once in a while. And he doesn't call me, 'My Lord." LOL

That would be a wonderful thing, I actually suggested that we get letters from our companions every so often, just for fun. It can't be that hard to write a few letters. I like your idea of making a to do list quest. That would be fun :D

That would be a wonderful thing, I actually suggested that we get letters from our companions every so often, just for fun. It can't be that hard to write a few letters. I like your idea of making a to do list quest. That would be fun :D

At the very least move them on the ship to your area.