Surge Rating for a Sith Sorcerer

Betroot

Best for what level? Current best in slot gear is Dread Guard.

Surge is absolutely useful, but it has a steep diminishing returns curve. Stacking surge past 300 is not worth it. At end game, you want your surge and alacrity to be about 1:1 for pretty much any spec.

Best for what level? Current best in slot gear is Dread Guard.

Surge is absolutely useful, but it has a steep diminishing returns curve. Stacking surge past 300 is not worth it. At end game, you want your surge and alacrity to be about 1:1 for pretty much any spec.

In dread guard gear, I believe lightning goes 360 alac (6 slots) and 240 surge (4 slots), while madness goes the reverse.For healing its subjective, depending on how much you like alacrity, but somewhere around 1:1 is probably best.

Really though, you are spot on, a 1:1 ratio between surge and alaa lac would be at most a few DPS lost from perfectly optimal in any spec.

And of course, completely avoid accuracy, sorcs do not need it at all.

Starting off, you'll get the tionese gear quest at 50. Use all of that and you'll be good to DPS HM. I'd wait on LI until you get a bit more gear.

Work on daily quests between flashpoints, do the story mode ops through group finder. Don't worry so much about stat priority until you start getting like campaign/black hole gear.

With your black hole gear, pull out the armorings/mod/enhancement and put it into the tionese gear to keep the set bonus (this way you can also augment the tionese right away. Remember, only the armpring is slot-specific so you can replace mods or enhancements wherever you have your worst ones.

Don't buy black hole bracer or belt, they have terrible at at budget. A tionese armoring (ripped out of an extra offhand asyou start collecting ccoendations) and a columi/rakata level mod will be equal or better in an orange belt or bracer off the gtn.

Go for low endurance wherever possible in your mods/armoring/enhancements. You want the unlettered mods (24, not 24A or 24B, or whatever number), they provide the most DPS stat budget.

Enable comparative tool tips and descriptive or whatever tool tips in your options, this will allow you to see what is in each component of an item more easily to evaluate upgrades.

In dread guard gear, I believe lightning goes 360 alac (6 slots) and 240 surge (4 slots), while madness goes the reverse.For healing its subjective, depending on how much you like alacrity, but somewhere around 1:1 is probably best.

Really though, you are spot on, a 1:1 ratio between surge and alaa lac would be at most a few DPS lost from perfectly optimal in any spec.

And of course, completely avoid accuracy, sorcs do not need it at all.

I'm not a theory crafter, but I know as an ARTIFICER there is only 7 availaible slots for enhencements (which hold the alacrity/surge on demand) on a character, so I want your hax that gives 10 of them :p

Normally for accuracy on my mara tough I went 4/3 so I'd say its prolly what tou want to aim for, but with alacrity.

That said, DR aside I'm not convince my spec gets a lot from alacrity, but I've given up on theorycrafter answer, and do my own live test to see what works best for me.

Seeing as I'm often top dps, unless a mara or merc that knows his crap is around, I say its doing fine for me.

Edited by verfallen

I'm not a theory crafter, but I know as an ARTIFICER there is only 7 availaible slots for enhencements (which hold the alacrity/surge on demand) on a character, so I want your hax that gives 10 of them :p

Normally for accuracy tough I went 4/3 so I'd say its prolly what tou want to aim for.

That said, DR aside I'm not convince my spec gets a lot from alacrity, but I've given up on theorycrafter answer, and do my own live test to see what works best for me.

Seeing as I'm often top dps, unless a mara or merc that knows his crap is around, I say its doing fine for me.

Well I guess if you want you could call equipping an earpiece and a couple implants a hack :). Might improve your DPS :)

Not technically enhancements, but they have the same stat budget, so should be considered with enhancements.

Well I guess if you want you could call equipping an earpiece and a couple implants a hack :). Might improve your DPS :)

Not technically enhancements, but they have the same stat budget, so should be considered with enhancements.

Everyone gets the same tough, and mostly go for WP, since in those unmoddable pieces, you DO get pretty much a choice between willpower and other stats, and logically you go with the one giving the more willpower, and adpat the rest of your gear.

So the real toying around with mods are those 7 pieces :)

Everyone gets the same tough, and mostly go for WP, since in those unmoddable pieces, you DO get pretty much a choice between willpower and other stats, and logically you go with the one giving the more willpower, and adpat the rest of your gear.

So the real toying around with mods are those 7 pieces :)

They come with willpower and crit/power and surge/alacrity. If the only ones on your server that someone can craft are crit /surge for some reason then you would want to be focusing more heavily on power and alacrity in your other gear to compensate.

Full dread guard/hazmat gets 600 points to split between surge and alacrity (and accuracy which we don't need), 180 of which comes from earpiece/implants, so they should be counted as an "enhancement" when determining your crit/surge split.