Devs/Mods: Make a Choice

L-RANDLE

I like the option of stunning and mezzing.

without those tools, it would be very difficult to balance the trinity in the wzs (healers vs tanks vs dps)

To balance stuff, CC being used it is. Yet, a healer has.

Meditate on this, I will.....

:D

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i do not agree with original poster. He basically asks for massive buff to melee classes, longer resolve, root immunity. although the current system is not great, least it gives some fighting chance to other classes. If ops changes would be implemened we would need to nerf melee classes damage across the board to balace the fact that melee will effectively have a much longer DPS uptime because of the changes.

Oh, and its pointless to discuss the cosequences this would have for hutbball.

Edited by NoTomorrow

I didn't mention needing insta-immunity, and for the most part I have no issues with roots or snares. Making one class move "viable" through CC is just fail city. See bubblestun...

But even with that, Resolve still needs to be adjusted because right now, it is virtually useless versus bubblestun and the plethora of other CC available.

CC (specifically stuns)takes away player choice/control, but I am ok with it and should stay. It is in the game design, but Resolve needs to be better and would benefit everyone, including Ranged classes.

Edited by L-RANDLE

Lets define our aim, because we all come and say what *we think* would be better, but not all of us knows what we exactly want from the system. Making judgedments based on: lets make CC less annoying is not the right mindset.

Here is some food for thought:

-CC should be used mainly defensively (e.g. when a melee leaps on you, or when somebody is about to perform very damaging combo: Gored Carnage Marauder about to ravage you)

-CC should be used to successfully win warzone objectives.

-CC is an important factor in balancing DPS uptime of melee classes against ranged classes

Now, how can you enforce CC being used only in this cases while punishing for using CC in just random, offensive situations? Are you sure that resolve changes will not spoil any of the 3 points above?

For example i don't agree what they did to assasins with the plethora of CC it was give to them.

Edited by NoTomorrow

Bubble Stun generates 300 Resolve instead of 600 - it is not a bug, but design flaw. And the second one, the most annoying, design flaw is that this stupid stunning bubble can be applied to the whole team. So...

1. Make this gosh darn stun generate RIGHT AMOUNT of Resolve.

2. Make stunning bubble only applied on the Sage/Sorc HIMSELF. Not the whole freaking team.

This stupid thing is in the game since 1.4. Bioware, you probably don't play your own game, if you still don't know about this problem.

Edited by GNWP

Bubble Stun generates 300 Resolve instead of 600 - it is not a bug, but design flaw. And the second one, the most annoying, design flaw is that this stupid stunning bubble can be applied to the whole team. So...

1. Make this gosh darn stun generate RIGHT AMOUNT of Resolve.

2. Make stunning on the Sage/Sorc HIMSELF. Not the whole freaking team.

This stupid thing is in the game since 1.4. Bioware, you probably don't play your own game if you still don't know about this problem.

and now they are considering of not doing any balance changes at all because somewhere in may 2013, may be, just may be they will increase level cap, so they will have to rebalance anyway. We got 1.5 and 1.6 that basically brought nothing to the game in terms of balance, and 1.7 seems to go the same way.

But hey, at least i got my Followthrough after Takedowns..

For example i don't agree what they did to assasins with the plethora of CC it was give to them.

Interesting... I could also say the same thing about healers of any spec...

I feel the specs laden with DoT/Kiting talents should be the only CC heavy specs. Having CC as a baseline for all roles was the design flaw...You can't fix that now though, so changing resolve would actually be the second best choice.

With resolve we asked the Devs to take two steps forward, and they took two steps back..

Paula Abdul got it wrong in this case.

and now they are considering of not doing any balance changes at all because somewhere in may 2013, may be, just may be they will increase level cap, so they will have to rebalance anyway. We got 1.5 and 1.6 that basically brought nothing to the game in terms of balance, and 1.7 seems to go the same way.

But hey, at least i got my Followthrough after Takedowns..

Bioware is focused on Cartel Market. They repaint old sets and sell them on Cartel Market like new ones and make new toys for collector maniacs.

Edited by GNWP

Bioware is focused on Cartel Market. They repaint old sets and sell them on Cartel Market like new ones and make new toys for collector maniacs.

you know, if they have different teams for making new fluffy stuff and teams for balancing than i would be ok. But even with all this cartel market, it's a wasted potential. Why not give force users an ability to use the darkside/lightside animations based on their alignment? A darkside Sage should be throwing lightnings, yes? And there is room for so much cool stuff, but we get nothing.

Edited by NoTomorrow

i do not agree with original poster. He basically asks for massive buff to melee classes, longer resolve, root immunity. although the current system is not great, least it gives some fighting chance to other classes. If ops changes would be implemened we would need to nerf melee classes damage across the board to balace the fact that melee will effectively have a much longer DPS uptime because of the changes.

Oh, and its pointless to discuss the cosequences this would have for hutbball.

rofl sniper. you have a ridiculous amount of cc and defenses. god forbid your root not work *occasionally* because the other player's 4-5 seconds of resolve are white bar.

rofl sniper. you have a ridiculous amount of cc and defenses. god forbid your root not work *occasionally* because the other player's 4-5 seconds of resolve are white bar.

Don't bring your butthurt attitude here. The fact that snipers can handle warrior DPS has nothing to do with how other classes are dependent on being able to keep the distance from them. Imagine tomorrow you will be the one that will announce to Sorcs and Merc players, that full resolve sentinels can no longer be rooted or snared. They will tear you apart, piece by piece.

Edited by NoTomorrow

Let's keep it civil please,

but he does have a point... I mean if you want to stop the melee train then they might need a nerf or you might need a buff, but since resolve is so screwed up, you really can't say. My first though is that range DPS should be front loaded, meaning you need to hit hard before they get into melee. With snipers nullifying the main gap closer, a slight CC tweak is not going to change that fact stated previously.

I mean its not too crazy to ask that your feet be not stuck in the mud while at full resolve. Even my DPS Sage would benefit from that...

All 5s roots (legshot, cover pulse, talented lightning overload) in this game break on damage. If you eat the entire duration of a root, then obviously you did not take any damage. Do you see a problem with that? Because i do not.

What these changes will basically bring, is just more offensive power to the melee classes. The game has plenty of line of sight obstruction for you to avoid snipers. Carnage is capable to cleanse the roots with force camo. Other marauders can at least avoid being targeted. Juggernauts are often speccing into unstopable. I don't see the need for melee to get an extra mmph when they are on full resolve.

Edited by NoTomorrow

• 2 months later...
As I look at these airwaves daily,

TL;DR

Please change resolve, or at least re-examine it...

PS: Please sign or bump, if you think this needs to happen ASAP... Part of the "vortex of horsecap" is the fact that people rather argue over what's OP'd, than keeping a thread like this one going. Thanks in advance....

What say you gents about having diminishing returns on resolve? The higher your actual resolve (x/1000) the less chance of a CC applying. Then you can keep the full resolve duration as is and have limited effectiveness the higher the resolve. I think that the binary concept of CC (off or on) is what's excessive. But if you're CC'd for four seconds and the next one has a 50% chance to hit (example percentage), then I think that would go a long way towards fixing the system.

What say you gents about having diminishing returns on resolve? The higher your actual resolve (x/1000) the less chance of a CC applying. Then you can keep the full resolve duration as is and have limited effectiveness the higher the resolve. I think that the binary concept of CC (off or on) is what's excessive. But if you're CC'd for four seconds and the next one has a 50% chance to hit (example percentage), then I think that would go a long way towards fixing the system.

I personally prefer all or nothing, but interesting idea... It would actually bring back more "skill" to the game. I think CC needs to work 100% of the time though... Its purpose really is to stop healers in the PvP arena, but then again with TTK being what iss is post 2.0, maybe this is a better idea....

Meditate on this, I will....

Edited by L-RANDLE

I personally prefer all or nothing, but interesting idea... It would actually bring back more "skill" to the game. I think CC needs to work 100% of the time though... Its purpose really is to stop healers in the PvP arena, but then again with TTK being what iss is post 2.0, maybe this is a better idea....

Meditate on this, I will....

To further go down this rabbit hole, let's just say we lower the amount of resolve in this diminishing returns system by half. Just for argument's sake, let's make the diminishing returns linear at 10% chance to miss per 100 resolve. A 4 sec CC gives a 40% chance to miss, but your chances of cc'ing the target are still pretty good. This, combined with smart use of interrupts, bunts, etc... gives you that effectiveness against healers, but the increasing chance to miss would still allow resolve to work.

EDIT: For Clarity.

Edited by LordAragore

Considering all the crazyiness that is LOLSTER....

Bump for something that is still a REAL ISSUE in PvP, even prior to the LOLSTER mess...

I know... Yummy necro...:o

Aaaaand another bump for who I believe is a fellow Shadowlander. Thought they fixed resolve with our shiny new TTK? :rolleyes: