Bubble Stun over-reaction

Vladnar

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Play a melee class and then come back and talk. Bubble is absurdly overpowered and just plain broken.

Hypothesis: Clearly, the solution is to nerf Operatives.

Proof:

1. If Operatives are overpowered then they should be nerfed.

2. If Operatives can stunlock you til death causing you to unsub, they are Overpowered.

3. If an Operative has the stun bubble he can open from stealth, hit you, pop his bubble, hit you twice, stun you, hit you some more. You have just been stunlocked til death, causing you to unsub.

Therefore, Operatives are overpowered.

Therefore, Operatives must be nerfed.

QED

Edited by LarryRow

Yes it would be nice for them to review our tree a bit, but right now even for 1.7 it looks bleak.

As for those who hate bubble stun, focus on the sorcerer. If anything the bubble stun effectiveness does absolutely nothing unless put on an obvious overpowered class.

Blame that, not the CC and shame on Austin Peckenpaugh for thinking it was the core problem. That ****** must play a rage spec maurader cause there is obviously a reason why they are so freaking hard not to die against.

Thanks for the tip, why didn't i think of getting the idiot who chainlocks the whole team :eek:? Oh wait ... i cant cos I am holding my eyes ever 3m and getting smashed to death while the sorc applies more bubbles on his derpers!

Trolololmao!

Ghost, please troll somewhere else. You and your 7 friends may enjoy playing Lightning (which is all well and good), but that doesn't change the fact it is a horrible, horrible spec in comparison to anything else. You wasted a lot of your time typing that response. Absolutely nothing I said changes except you enjoy playing a broken, horrible spec. I always encourage people to play the spec they find the most fun, so keep playing Lightning if you enjoy it.

He is not trolling, there are a few lighting spec sorc around (I grant not many) mostly as they are not a 3 button class and you need to pay attention not only to who and what is around you, but also your procs. Played well and my numbers are good. The thing you should never do (but I do enjoy it) is watch a smash monkey go after two at the node while I am at range and unload on him. But for a light armor class my biggest hit (TB with aff on target hits only a single target for max 4k with no other debuffs on the target except what I have). What does the AOE smash do again? on a medium armored spec with deff cd's? Take the bubble stun away without adjusting the rest of the spec and there will be no sorcs left in pvp. If you want everyone to roll smashmonkeys than lets just give you a tree swinging wz just for you class or a cow level.

I have yet to see anything from BW saying they are nerfing bubble or smash, all I have see is they are looking at both in different threads. Is bubble so OP that is flips a match (nope have not see a case of it yet) I have some staged videos trying to prove they have but everyone in that thread even other smashmonkeys called the poster on it.

Thanks for the tip, why didn't i think of getting the idiot who chainlocks the whole team :eek:? Oh wait ... i cant cos I am holding my eyes ever 3m and getting smashed to death while the sorc applies more bubbles on his derpers!

Trolololmao!

The bubble stun holds you for 3m wow it only holds off smash monkeys on the shadowlands for 3s a pop. Clearly that does need to be looked at. :eek:

Ive hardly ever seen it in game and its just another short stun, theres so many, just load up on grenades and you'll do the same....virtually.

The bubble stun in sorcs comes through the lighning tree, rubbish in pvp as you have to stand still so much weaker than the madness tree and little use for healers really as they'll be giving up so much healing to get it.

You can lose healing for it or lose madness damage for it. hybrid...either way its the only thing that makes lighning even worth existing.

I hybrid heal and im not wasting all those points just to get it and annoy everyone but really, its certainly not that interesting an ability.....id much rather be doing 8k damage hits on crit.

Itll be just on the caster soon enough anyway.

Its a dumb mechanic that should only stun when the caster bubbles himself. But theres a huge list of things that should be changed/looked at.

He is not trolling, there are a few lighting spec sorc around (I grant not many) mostly as they are not a 3 button class and you need to pay attention not only to who and what is around you, but also your procs. Played well and my numbers are good. The thing you should never do (but I do enjoy it) is watch a smash monkey go after two at the node while I am at range and unload on him. But for a light armor class my biggest hit (TB with aff on target hits only a single target for max 4k with no other debuffs on the target except what I have). What does the AOE smash do again? on a medium armored spec with deff cd's? Take the bubble stun away without adjusting the rest of the spec and there will be no sorcs left in pvp. If you want everyone to roll smashmonkeys than lets just give you a tree swinging wz just for you class or a cow level.

I have yet to see anything from BW saying they are nerfing bubble or smash, all I have see is they are looking at both in different threads. Is bubble so OP that is flips a match (nope have not see a case of it yet) I have some staged videos trying to prove they have but everyone in that thread even other smashmonkeys called the poster on it.

You know the game design is good, when the biggest damage hits are AoE. LOL

My main is a sorc and I didn't understand why people hate on bubble stun so much. After using my melee class I get it. Every few steps stun stun stun. It's really annoying and makes the game less fun to play.

I don't have a problem with the bubble on the sorc casting it. In fact they need it to live. Bw needs to fix mass bumble stun at the same time fix the sorc class and make rated teams want to have a dps sorc on them. Sorcs finally get something to make them useful in high end pvp and people want it taken away. Both sides have the right to complain. Sorcs need help in pvp but shouldn't be stunning everyone and making the game unplayable.

Solution, do not allow bubble on other players. Give sorcs more burst. Exploding bubble should be a 31 point talent on the lightning tree and cause 5k crits on breaking,something along the line of force sweep.

The only reason I know sorcs and sages should have bubble stun is because it makes knights and warriors qq. About time we had something.... :D

And yeah as someone else pointed out, it's something a coordinated team could achieve with grenades too, another thing which should have been removed ages ago, along with the biochem/clicky relic change.

LOL, this. Hearing the OP smash brigade QQ about not being able to lolsmash is particularly rich.

Although in normals, it's annoying have to communicate/keep other sorc healers from using their bubbles.

" NO, really, if you let me do bubbles, they will end badly for our opponent". They usually do listen, but I just don't feel like having to do that typing over and over. Seems I'm always in a zone with 2 other sorcs.

Everyone says and agrees they suck, yet they are all over my WZ's