Official Q&A Thread for July 27th Blog Post

CourtneyWoods

GIven that you said there are no plans to make Purple and Cyan crystals craftable, are you going to re-introduce a way for each faction to obtain both colors? Republic hasn't had acess to Purple, and Imperial hasn't had access to Cyan since the removal of the Geologist vendors in patch 1.2. Lightsaber color is very important to many people's RP of their characters.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this has been asked before but are companions armor colors getting a unify setting like players in the serious future, because I'm tired of my companions looking like clowns. I just need a little reassurance here.

Well there ever be a pod racing tournaments? I'm talking about a full player ran race. You buy a pod racer and enter different class races and buy or craft new upgrades or parts. Travel around the galaxy to different races. There could be different lvl circuits depending on your pod racer. Hold a big tournament for each circuit over the weekend starting on Friday. Player could even bet on racers. Just a thought.

There is some discrepancy regarding the colors assigned to the class symbols. If you look at the Mercenary and the Commando, both share a dark green color while the Powertech and Vanguard share the light green. I assumed this was to help people identity the mirror classes easier. However there is one class that doesn't follow this recipe. The Assassin is light blue while the shadow is dark blue, while the sorcerer is dark blue and the Sage is light blue. Now I am used to it its fine but I imagine other people find it confusing. Edited by xChimaera

Will there be an attempt in future content updates to diversify End Game gear? Currently modifiable gear is obviously BIS and easy to upgrade for every class. Are there plans to bring in unmodifiable non-set drops for raiders? There is a certain level of pride in wearing the helm that only the last boss of the hardest raid can drop. With modifiable gear no one can look at you and see your progression.

I'm wondering if some number cruncher at BioWare can weigh in on companion stances that have a chance to proc an internal damage damage over time effect versus stances that do armor penetration. Specifically, a companion like Akaavi Spar has both, so which are we meant to use when? In particular, I'd like to know how the numbers work out when fighting elites and up. My sense of it is that even though armor penetration sounds like a good thing, the number of armor-bypassing special attacks used by your companion + the length of time of these fights might give the advantage over to the internal damage proc.

Any word on paid server transfers to our choice of servers? Do you think we will have a means to do this by the end of the year?

Same question for me, and for the record I've cancelled my subscription until this is delivered...

My question applys to armor progression.

Why don't each upgrade i get upgrade the exact stats of the previous item?

Example I have Tionese Eliminator Boots. I want to upgrade to Columi Eliminator boots but the stats DONT MATCH. Later on I will want to upgrade to rakata or Blackhole why dont these armor peices upgrade eachother directly. Can a change be instituted to make the Boot or chest piece upgrades direct upgrades with the same stats?

Any word on paid server transfers to our choice of servers? Do you think we will have a means to do this by the end of the year?

Ditto! What the hell Bioware? What's the holdup on the paid transfers fellas? Lets go, lets go!

The Black Hole/Campaign gear for Jedi Sage/Shadow was clearly designed strictly for females and looks very odd on males. Will male characters be stuck with it or will there be new, better gear in the future designed for both genders? Edited by Radzkie

hi you are planning to respec talent, as well as their storage, is uncomfortable when logged into it and you Flashpoints logs for the second spec. Then, the manager threw EQ, time consuming to swap off spec, also in the transition from PvE to PvP often happens to me all that are not passed as is to be

Your post makes no sense ide re-post it with complete sentences.

Are we still on track to see same-gender romantic content with companion characters this year? I realize questions regarding future features are difficult to answer in any firm detail, but companion romance is a current feature which, we have been occasionally assured, is still waiting its fullest implementation. Is this still the case, or are we out of luck?

When the color crystal vendor was temporarily added to the fleets, it was said that it was a stopgap measure until a more elegant way of making more colors available to more players could be developed in patch 1.2. However, 1.2 arrived, the vendor disappeared, months passed, and we the players have yet to find any nonstandard colors through any new means. They are still restricted to PvP and operations. Was there a change in the plan?

http://dulfy.net/2012/05/07/endgame-color-crystals-post-1-2-and-how-to-obtain-them/

Are we going to see Legacy Storage Lockers where all of our Legacy Characters can store and exchange between each other?

Are we going to see an improvement to mail where we can have a drop down list of the characters we play, the ones who are in our Guild, and the ones who are our friends? Would really help... Just kind of saying... The mail thing sucks.

Can we have an improvement to the Guild that would state what a player can craft?

Q: Will we eventually see SWTOR's current space mode being converted into the more free-style sandbox based mode which was more or less in Star Wars Galaxies, but with more physics involved such as being able to collide with asteroids and thus forcing them to change their direction of travel in space?

Also, is it possible to change the stat system of current spaceships to use larger numbers?

For example, one of my abilities on my jedi knight does about 1600 damage without crits, but my spaceship only does 50 damage per shot. And, my ship's "toughness," is about 1800.

I find it hard to take space combat seriously when the ground mode and space mode seems so entirely disconnected from each other. As anyone can imagine, a lightsaber is easily capable of decapitating a biological creature (metaphorically *ahem*,) but even the worst ship's weapons should be able to at least ~20x that damage

Even if the current space mode does eventually get converted into a sandbox based one, I will still personally love playing the current type of missions which is set on rails. You should then dedicate the space combat on rail missions for grinding, and/or grinding missions as an alternative (to the inclusive sandbox based grinding/ grinding missions.)

Thanks

Edited by MastaKorgy

Is there any chance we'll be hearing more about the super-secret-space-project before the end of the year? Lot's of us feel that an off-the-rails 3D flight sim component would make the game MUCH more fun and attractive to players old & new