HK-51 Revealed

AlysonBridge

Will HK be added to our companion roster or will we have to permanently dismiss a companion to make room for him? I.E. will i have to fire Rusk to make room for HK?

Well be added, there is no way to delete, kill or remove companions.

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was waiting for him to says "Hell, it's about time." Nice homage, Bioware. Still, I can't wait for my HK-51. My Agent will be the first to get it. Two Psychopathic androids on one ship, done! I just wish my Voss wife could join me.

Very cool.

However i feel that trailer could of been reworked. Not saying i can do better job i cant but it just seemed to drawl out then he says Greetings Master at the very end and thats it. Let's see him in action!!

I want the gameplay to look and sound like this HK-51 video!!!

Bioware. This will be your goal. go!

I Don't because then my internet would crash and I couldn't play :p

LONG LIVE TOR!!!!

FTW ^_^

I love this game - all eight of my alts love this game and these trailers and the dedication of the TEAM to this game... FTW!!!!

-head explodes-

thank you

ok I GOT THE CHILLS from that trailer!!!!!! I had my doubts during the dead times and 1.2, but this game is surpassing my expectations in all matters. They fixed most of my complaints, group finder, moddble gear, RWZ is out. All thats missing is a cross server que for rated warzones and were set!! Cant wait for a new content patch!

Will they just make a movie with these awesome CGIs' soon or what?!?!?!

It won't happen.

First let me start by saying the studio responsible for those CG trailers that everyone loves is named BLUR.

Second people have been saying/asking for years why don't they (Blur) make a full length movie, and for years Blur has responded by saying that they aren't a big enough studio to produce a feature length movie.

The amount of time they spend on a trailer that's only a few minutes takes them (as a studio) the same amount of time it takes for an average feature length film to be made.

The other thing that people don't know about Blur is that because they are so good and sought after they've gotten to the point where they charge $1 million per minute of footage produced. In other words it's always super expensive to use/hire them.

The following link is to Blur's official site which shows off a number of trailers they've done for projects like TOR, Force Unleashed, Arkham, DC Universe Online, etc. Note that it is only a sample of their work and not their entire portfolio. For instance while all the TOR trailers are on there, none of the cinematics for Marvel Ultimate Alliance are on the site.

http://vz3.blur.com/work

Fun Fact: The Jedi that Malgus kills in the original Deceived trailer or rather the Jedi you see front in center every time you boot up the game, or on the box art, etc, is modeled after one of Blur's action directors. At E3 one year people kept saying to him "don't I know you from somewhere?" but were never able to quite place exactly what they knew his face from. Turns out it was the Deceived trailer.

Jesus, I wonder how many would see them

Probably not as many as you think. While we as fans like that everyone would see a movie like that the reality is that it wouldn't have nearly the appeal as a live action Star Wars movie. It would basically be a SW movie specifically for SW fans rather than a SW movie for the masses.

Yes, I'm fully aware that a movie for the fans would no doubt be a better overall movie than one made for the masses I'm also aware that the one made for the masses is always going to make way more money which is why you so frequently see "for the masses" type movies when it comes to adaptions or licensed movies.

I would love to see BioWare do this with every major update, release a cinematic trailer to accompany it. Perhaps not all of it cinematic but strung together with actual gameplay footage, but would be great!

It's very unlikely given how long they take to do and how expensive they are. Not to mention it would always seem ridiculous that they'd keep spending millions on making CG trailers instead of putting that money instead into the game.

They'd never be able to justify doing it.

This is probably the real answer but lets not play "Pretend you know for a fact"

The fact is that you can't remove companions from your party and as long as there's scripted story content where all the companions are in a scene together ala Chapter 3 for every class you're never going to be able to remove companions. It would take too much work and there'd be no pay off for doing it.

Also even if you "had" to remove a companion from your party for HK-51, everybody would just end up choosing the ship droid.

Can't wait.... I wonder if he will say "meatbag" like the original HK-47 which the 51 was based off of did. Cause if 51 does then that will be extremely epic

Whilst i hope they do it is unlikely as HK-47 said this due to personalisation by Revan not because of any programming that the 51's will share. (i presume).

SO. You need one Mid level char from the opposite faction to get him is what I read earlier.. Dose that mean like lvl 25 because mathematically that is as mid lvl as it gets. Or do you need to be at a certain point in story progression I wounder (ie. end of chapter 2)?

Awe-some!!! I for one can not wait until more content is released. With or without HK-51, or other companions. But Bioware, please for the love of all that's holy, create more companion dialogue/quests/interaction. I've finished 33 out of 40 and the one's I've completed don't talk to me anymore. *forever alone*

*bounces* So excited!!

SO. You need one Mid level char from the opposite faction to get him is what I read earlier.. Dose that mean like lvl 25 because mathematically that is as mid lvl as it gets. Or do you need to be at a certain point in story progression I wounder (ie. end of chapter 2)?

From what i've heard rumor-wise, you must have one level 50 (imp or pub) and one level 25 (opposite of the 50) to get HK-51.

All benefits in this game come from having one of each class. If one doesn't want that, one doesn't get the benefits. Look at Legacy.