Preview items from the new packs... ALREADY ??

Gamesux

He would like graphic artists and animators to produce flash point, operation, and war zone content at a pace that outstrips cartel market stuff.]

Tsk tsk, revisionist history. I didn't say that, hopefully you're talking about that other guy.

Nah I'm not thinking about it wrong. You seem intent on keeping discussion at the development level which is but one part of brand/product/service management.

Edit: Oh good, nerd wars is over and my job is done here. Carry on with the productive ideas.

Edited by Joesixxpack

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Screw buffing it to 55...leave it at 50 as a way to begin gearing up for players...just drop new random speeders - desirable speeders...not like the Lucky speeder thing...and yes, Bioware is well aware of what items are more desirable than others, that's why all the REALLY cool items that drop from the CM are rare.

You mean SUPER TROUPER rare. Bioware's definition for the standalone "RARE" word is laughable to say the least.

Screw buffing it to 55...leave it at 50 as a way to begin gearing up for players...just drop new random speeders - desirable speeders...not like the Lucky speeder thing...and yes, Bioware is well aware of what items are more desirable than others, that's why all the REALLY cool items that drop from the CM are rare.

I'd resolve to run these Ops

A thousand times a day

And ask everyone if they'll carry me

In some old fashioned way

But my silent fears have gripped me

Long before I reach the boss

Long before my rotation tripped me

Must I always run alone?

i'd resolve to run these ops

a thousand times a day

and ask everyone if they'll carry me

in some old fashioned way

but my silent fears have gripped me

long before i reach the boss

long before my rotation tripped me

must i always run alone?

<3 <3

A thousand times a day

Must I always run alone?

I'm sorry to say but everything that Bioware does is NOT certainly magic. :p

Actually, they can. Having more to do can add to continued subscriptions. In addition, specific armor skins that could drop specifically from there could have a nice asthetic the goes well with certain CM mounts, further increasing revenue from those that are going for that certain look. There are many ways to monetize the environment that are not detrimental to those that opt out of the appoach.

Theoretically sure, but at this point they've proven they profit off the CM stuff (more money from CM than from subs). So what do you think they'd prefer to do? Put new skins on old content or charge you cash for gambling packs to get them? Well it doesn't matter what you think, it's what they're doing.

Theoretically sure, but at this point they've proven they profit off the CM stuff (more money from CM than from subs). So what do you think they'd prefer to do? Put new skins on old content or charge you cash for gambling packs to get them? Well it doesn't matter what you think, it's what they're doing.

How do you know this? I think they would rather have both subs and CM purchases. Income from both aspects would be ideal in any business sense. I haven't bout a single cartel coin, but get plenty from having a subscription. That alone tells me that they value subscribers.

Still remains to be seen for how long that will hold and what's their exit strategy if it doesn't.

I mean, assuming subscribers represent the bulk of the people who buy packs on the CM, what will happen if THESE same people drop their subs and subsequently cartel pack purchases altogether?

I find it hard to believe that people who are F2P or Preferred - at best - are the ones dropping huge sums of money on the CM. Talk about living on a razor's edge...

Edited by Darth_Wicked

A thousand times a day

Must I always run alone?

Would you also say that:

Every little bling they add is magic

Every bling they add just turns you on

Even though my Ops before were tragic

Now I know my love for loot goes on and on and on?

I'm sorry to say but everything that Bioware does is NOT certainly magic. :p

BIOWARE!

You don't need to put it on the CM

BIOWARE!

You don't need to put it on the CM

And make the cool speeders drop from packs tonight

Make your money from the CM packs tonight

BIOWARE!

I find it hard to believe that people who are F2P or Preferred - at best - are the ones dropping huge sums of money on the CM. Talk about living on a razor's edge...

I have to agree with this. It's nothing to see players complain they can't get X item from a cartel pack, and they spent over Y sum of money in order to try to get X item.

You have to admit, the majority of the "content" for this game, the majority of rewards, are acquired with money.

Wait... games are created by companies for money?

/pitchfork

Seriously though. All I pay is my subscription. There are certain looks that only come from the CM, but all rewards I have earned came from playing.

Edited by Tygranir

Silly thread is silly.

Glad to see so many people paying money into a game they don't like. I'm sure the developers appreciate the boost to funding.

I appreciate them. Without them, I would probably need a new game to play. Especially those that seem to think BioWare/EA are sitting around thinking of ways to con them out of their money, instead of trying to keep the game fun and interesting for long term profits.

Edited by Tygranir

Who are these imaginary people who said they don't like the game exactly?

You have asked a question with no possible answer outside of imaginary people. The OP was written by a person named Gamesux.

Edited by Tygranir

Silly thread is silly.

Glad to see so many people paying money into a game they don't like. I'm sure the developers appreciate the boost to funding.

Silly post is silly.

Glad to see you took the time to read through all the posts before blessing us all with your undying glory and wisdom. I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say we appreciate it.

Who are these imaginary people who said they don't like the game exactly?

Posters like him (i.e. the one you were responding to) seem to operate from a purely binary approach to this game, whereby they don't acknowledge the validity of "liking the game enough to keep playing it, but still wishing it were better and so talk about it on the forums."

Edited by Khevar

You think these posters are imaginary? My word, have you spoken to your therapist about this yet?

You're the one who claimed there are so many people who dislike the game posting here...not me. I see people debating the games direction and focus, but I don't recall anyone saying they "don't like" the game...you made that claim.

Silly thread is silly.

So, how many of us stated we didn't like the game to the point that we would quit? Enlighten us, please.:rolleyes: