Belsavis 500 Speeder Race hosted by Misfit Squad on Sunday September 30th!

Gilestel

Hello everyone, just wanted to announce that Misfit Squad (formerly known as The Misfits from Kass City server, and later Canderous Ordo server) will be hosting it's 1st ever Belsavis 500 speeder race on Saturday, October 6 at 7:00 PM server time.

The first Republic pilot to get from the Prison Administration center to Oasis Republic Post without useing any teleports, taxi's, or quick travels will receive a free Hotrigged Speeder Bike! Anyone is welcome to join, though rank 3 speeder or kurtob alliance and lvl 40ish character is recommended.

Anyway, hope to see some of you all there! if you have any questions or comments please let me know in this thread. Also, if you plan on participating in the speeder race, post here just so I can get some idea of how many people to expect. May the Force be with you!

-Gil

Edit: The race is over and we all had a great time, here are the results:

1st place Kely'an

2nd place Dacker

3rd place Raytongo

Thanks to everyone who participated!

Edited by Gilestel
changed date

I'm still woefully behind on being able to afford a Level 3 Speeder for any of my characters (too busy leveling alts in stories :), but I just wanted to say this is an awesome idea and I hope it has a good turn out! Post the results and turnout?

I don't would be better to see a bunch of level 1s race somewhere. a bunch of 50 able to just brush off any attacks is no fun.

I guess I'm more happy to see someone making an effort to initiate a server-wide event. :) First time I've seen (? or noticed) it on one of the three servers I've played on.

I'm still woefully behind on being able to afford a Level 3 Speeder for any of my characters (too busy leveling alts in stories :), but I just wanted to say this is an awesome idea and I hope it has a good turn out! Post the results and turnout?

Thank you! I didn't even think of about posting the results but that's a great idea, I will definitely have to do that. Also, rank 3 speeder training is not a requirement, though it would probably be a big advantage. Maybe if enough people with rank 2 speeders show up we can do two races, one for rank 2 speeders only and one for rank 3.

I don't would be better to see a bunch of level 1s race somewhere. a bunch of 50 able to just brush off any attacks is no fun.

Well if this goes well then I hope to plan more speeder races in the future, some on lower level planets. (would love to have one on Tatooine) the only reason Belsavis was chosen was because this was the first planet I mapped out for a race, also because the course is rather confusing unless you are really familiar with the planet, so hopefully that will add some challenge. As for 50's being able to brush off attacks, I'll talk to my guild and see about possibly adding some... um... "hazards" to the course that would slow down level 50's... no promises on that though.

Due to some unexpected changes in my schedule, we are going to have to push back the race to Saturday October 6 at 7:00 pm server time. I am extremely sorry for having to change the date and the short notice. I will update the OP with the new time. Hope to see you there! Edited by Gilestel

Alright everyone, The race is tomorrow! (for real this time) If you plan on participating be sure to show up before 7:00 PM eastern. Also you may want to scout out the best route to get from the prison administration center to oasis republic outpost before the race as it is easy to get lost if you haven't explored all(or most) of Belsavis. Hope to see y'all there! Edited by Gilestel

Alright the race is over, I had a ton of fun setting up the event and I really hope any of y'all who raced had a great time too. here are the results:

1st place Kely'an

2nd place Dacker

3rd place Raytongo

Congratulations Kely'an on your new speeder bike! And thank you everyone who participated and made this event happen. may the force be with you!