Frustrated and bored.

Oh well I'm logging off frustrated again at having to spam general for 2 hours to not find a tank and for 3 different dps to join and leave and say "fck this" just to find a hard mode. I have also looked for a guild that is running FP's and joined one recently but they also are short on tanks like in every game. I know people say that LFG tool will destroy the community but I really don't see how, as it is now 9 people on my friends list don't log on any more and I met them by doing flashpoints and added them in the hope that I can get a HM. Community in games these days are in guilds, if you look at general chat it's filled with the same idiots that troll in wow and rift and all other games. If that is the community that people so desperately want to save then them people must be trolls too.

I like this game a lot but getting to 50 then only being able to do black talon most of the time because people just want to do the fast run for the daily is boring the hell out of me. I'v Been 50 for about 3 weeks now and only done 3 different FP's and only a handful of FP's overall (looking everyday). Unless you have friends that play on same server or you're on a server that is over full this game is just slow and boring. Also if you want to do your mountain of daily quests you can't look for a group at the same time because you have to be stuck in imperial fleet spamming.

I won't be renewing my sub unless something is done about this fast, I predict that a lot of other people will also let their subs expire.

Edited by Andyuk

Personally I feel Bioware is doing it right. Our server has a community, rivalries, and a lot of good things that come from not having a LFG tool. The are convenient and arguably very useful tool but the second WoW added it there was pretty much zero community anymore. Everyone just sat idly in the capital city waiting for some sort of queue to pop and if they wiped once they raged, quit, and queued up again. It destroyed any sense of community whatsoever. I kinda liked they days where I knew people on my server, who was good, who was bad, and had to take time to traverse the world to get to the instance. It is part of the fun.

Everyone is different and some would say that is terrible and in no way fun. I played on a low pop WoW server and groups could be very difficult to find. My suggestions is build a network of good friends amd run consistently with them or move to a higher population server. Otherwise guess you will just have to be patient and see of they introduce a LFG tool. I can tell you right now it will be long after you un sub.

Most tanks leave if we wipe anyway or the dps do and the group disbands, personally when playing wow without the LFG tool nothing changed when they added it. I still went with guildies as did most other people at the time. Unless you was in a guild with friends you really struggled to get a heroic together. The best thing wow ever done was to add the LFG tool, not everyone has 2-5 hours just to be able to do 1 instance. The server can be just as social with or without the LFG tool.

the second WoW added it there was pretty much zero community anymore. Everyone just sat idly in the capital city waiting for some sort of queue to pop

Well that is what everyone is doing right now as that is the only way to find a group. And trying to build a network of friends.... I have added a lot of people to my friends and kept in contact with them but them, like me are just sick of it and have quit. Like I said the ONLY way to not have to wait an hour + is to be lucky enough to get a guild that run them constantly which just isn't happening. Also rivalries are mostly from pvp or elitists trying to get 1 step ahead of each other in Ops. Paying to transfer off just so I can get some HM run is just going to kill the community of that server anyway so what is the point? I just want to have fun.

What I get from your post is your lucky enough to find a guild/have a group of friends or a full server that you can do that with so you don't want the LFG tool as your not looking outside your own bubble. Just because that is how you play your game doesn't mean everyone can play theirs the same.

What server? I see plenty of groups LF DPS daily on belgoth's beacon and I do them daily as well, I've experienced nearly every HM FP though I do them with my guildies.

Exiles crystal, I see plenty of people spamming general but its nearly always for tanks and there is never any tanks.

I guess your server is definitely different than here then, we seem to be generally short on healers and have a ton of people rolling Guardians... not that any of them are geared or good but they can manage most of the HM FPs.

Every server is different it seems. We struggle finding good dps on our server. We have a lot of good tanks and healers but very few geared and competent dps.

Most tanks leave if we wipe anyway or the dps do and the group disbands, personally when playing wow without the LFG tool nothing changed when they added it. I still went with guildies as did most other people at the time. Unless you was in a guild with friends you really struggled to get a heroic together. The best thing wow ever done was to add the LFG tool, not everyone has 2-5 hours just to be able to do 1 instance. The server can be just as social with or without the LFG tool.

This probably won't come as a surprise, but people who play WoW will also probably play SWTOR. That's the attitude some people have. I am of the mindset to try something a few times before giving up. I have to shake my head and laugh when kids these days don't get their way the first time though. More evidence that the current generation is the entitlement generation.

We have 120 members, and i think 30 of them are tanks, and lot of them want FP HMs, so now give bug free HMs.....

Im a 126 rating geared tank myself, and id love to go False Emporer, BoI, D7, Foundry as HM, but we cant complete them, cause of bugged bosses. Kaon HM seems fine and works.

Edited by Wolfyfire

Heres a tip.

When you plow to level 50 faster than most of the playerbase, dont come back and complain that you plowed to 50 faster than most of the playerbase and there's not enough players to play with you.

Game has been out 6 weeks. Stop mass consuming content and make an alt or something.

let the community catch up. I've got a 50 a 25 and a variety of teens, yeah, not a lot of people at 50 to play with because to start this isnt a 7 year old wow where everyone has a max level (or 5) character, and because those of us who plowed to 50 quickly don't have a lot of fellows to go with, guess where we are?

On an alt. not waiting for your LFG spam, which I'm sure is filled with charm and attraction.

I like people who are yelling the statement below:

"I CROSSED THE FINISH LINE FIRST! I WIN!....There's noone else here! THIS IS B#&*$^@*!!!"

So yeah, unsub.

No fun = unsub, but BOY do people like DRAGGING OUT THE COMPLAINTS before they unsub.

Yawn.

P.S. People with friends don't have this problem. "DPS LFG" isn't the most enamoring or charming of statements. But hey, good luck. See you in 4-6 weeks b*#&$#@* about how you cant pug raids.

Edited by Counterintel

Heres a tip.

When you plow to level 50 faster than most of the playerbase, dont come back and complain that you plowed to 50 faster than most of the playerbase and there's not enough players to play with you.

Game has been out 6 weeks. Stop mass consuming content and make an alt or something.

let the community catch up. I've got a 50 a 25 and a variety of teens, yeah, not a lot of people at 50 to play with because to start this isnt a 7 year old wow where everyone has a max level (or 5) character, and because those of us who plowed to 50 quickly don't have a lot of fellows to go with, guess where we are?

On an alt. not waiting for your LFG spam, which I'm sure is filled with charm and attraction.

"I CROSSED THE FINISH LINE FIRST! I WIN!....There's noone else here! THIS IS B#&*$^@*!!!"

So yeah, unsub.

No fun = unsub, but BOY do people like DRAGGING OUT THE COMPLAINTS before they unsub.

Yawn.

P.S. People with friends don't have this problem. "DPS LFG" isn't the most enamoring or charming of statements. But hey, good luck. See you in 4-6 weeks b*#&$#@* about how you cant pug raids.

Wow you talk a load of bollox, first of all I didn't "rush" to 50 I just leveled up normally and didn't even play everyday as I have a life. Secondly I don't spam "DPS LFG" I sign with my girlfriend and she is healer so I spam "LF tank and DPS for any HM" and when it's time to do Ops then I'll never pug it as you need coordination on voice comms but that's stating the obvious. Many people on my server was 50 way before me and most of the people I group with have got almost full suit of purple. Here's a more useful tip then yours:

Never eat yellow snow.

Joining a guild should fix your problem.

Or switch to The Harbinger, roll a healer and join our guild!

We are always on the look out for more healers for our daily HMs and weekend Ops.

My gf is the healer mate, I healed and tanked in wow mostly so wanted a break!

Exiles Crystal? EU or US?

EU :)

This probably won't come as a surprise, but people who play WoW will also probably play SWTOR. That's the attitude some people have. I am of the mindset to try something a few times before giving up. I have to shake my head and laugh when kids these days don't get their way the first time though. More evidence that the current generation is the entitlement generation.

That's the mindset I have even when playing wow, if we can't do something because someone is doing something wrong I'd rather take time to explain how to fix and try to help someone then just rage quit with a load of insults.

Sorry for the late reply's but been busy since I posted this.

Edited by Andyuk

Heres a tip.

So yeah, unsub.

Yawn.

Loads of people are level 50 already, even as a healer I find it difficult to find a group because everyone is looking for tanks. I am also in a guild and there is only a few tanks who have already done flashpoints before I log on due to real life. Adding a looking for group just enables people who work and have other stuff to do to be able to play the game and at least experience some of the content. In my opinion it would benefit people who have commitments in real life. Not everyone works the conventional 9-5 jobs. Sometimes I log on at later times because I've been working and it's hard to even find a group. I want to come home and just relax play a bit of star wars then go to bed before I get up for work. I just can't do that. Games should be made to make everyone benefit. I would love to not have to work but in real life you have to work to live!

People that are interested in FPs, Ops, and any other group PVE activity should be joining the large guilds on their server.

Our guild has over 105 players and we never have an issue with that. PUG is much harder and you should expect to fail a lot.

People that are interested in FPs, Ops, and any other group PVE activity should be joining the large guilds on their server.

Our guild has over 105 players and we never have an issue with that. PUG is much harder and you should expect to fail a lot.

I looked for a guild an joined one with 160 members mate.

I looked for a guild an joined one with 160 members mate.

Glad to hear it, that is the only way to have a constant access to players that are willing to help each other and quest together. There are so many areas in the game that sitting in one area like the fleet and spamming LFG doesn't work, players are fragmented. I rarely spend time on the fleet unless I'm turning in PVP quests.

Edited by Tim-ONeil

Andy, you heard of 'Guardians of the Galaxy' on your server?

They raid quite a few times a week, and often have HM FP squads and PvP squads rolling out. Of it's 80 members, 40+ are level 50, and most are geared.

If your current guild doesn't work out, you should give them a shout :D

Glad to hear it, that is the only way to have a constant access to players that are willing to help each other and quest together. There are so many areas in the game that sitting in one area like the fleet and spamming LFG doesn't work, players are fragmented. I rarely spend time on the fleet unless I'm turning in PVP quests.

Well I was in that guild before I made this post :p

Andy, you heard of 'Guardians of the Galaxy' on your server?

They raid quite a few times a week, and often have HM FP squads and PvP squads rolling out. Of it's 80 members, 40+ are level 50, and most are geared.

If your current guild doesn't work out, you should give them a shout :D

I'll check them out mate thanks!

Well that is what everyone is doing right now as that is the only way to find a group. And trying to build a network of friends.... I have added a lot of people to my friends and kept in contact with them but them, like me are just sick of it and have quit. Like I said the ONLY way to not have to wait an hour + is to be lucky enough to get a guild that run them constantly which just isn't happening. Also rivalries are mostly from pvp or elitists trying to get 1 step ahead of each other in Ops. Paying to transfer off just so I can get some HM run is just going to kill the community of that server anyway so what is the point? I just want to have fun.

What I get from your post is your lucky enough to find a guild/have a group of friends or a full server that you can do that with so you don't want the LFG tool as your not looking outside your own bubble. Just because that is how you play your game doesn't mean everyone can play theirs the same.

if there was an lLFG tool what's stopping you and others that feel the same way from going to the imperial fleet and spamming chat for 2 hours to find a group? just cos its there it doesn't mean you have to use it. Personally i wont be renewing my sub until there is some kind of LFG tool (and a /roll. i mean seriously how hard can it be)