Producer Letter – Galactic Strongholds

EricMusco

I'd like the idea of conquest planets, but conquest a world without pvp it's lame. Should exist planets to conquest with pvp effort and some with pve, so your guild can match your style.

You might get to meet PVP guilds on the planet you are conquering but that might be a little too far fetched.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the transparency!

Delays are always sad, but there is considerable compensation on the other side of the ledger. In particular, GSH was not real to me until I get my legacy bank and that was going to be August anyway.

I am interested in "Provide powerful buffs to Guild members from orbit" but really, really want to know about "Transport entire groups to your personal coordinates instantaneously" I hope you are feeling even more transparent soon

Keep up the good work and info and thank you.

I'd like the idea of conquest planets, but conquest a world without pvp it's lame. Should exist planets to conquest with pvp effort and some with pve, so your guild can match your style.

You'd think a game that surrounds a war between the Republic and the Empire would have more conflict between the Republic and the Empire. Guess not.

One feature that if it isn there for the current idea for the guild ships that I would love to see...

Guild stores. Basically a place that people could donate items and set a credit price. Instead of the credits going to the person the credits go into the guild bank (or maybe even give options like percents).

I don't think they'll do this, but it's a fantastic idea

Thanks for the transparency!

Delays are always sad, but there is considerable compensation on the other side of the ledger. In particular, GSH was not real to me until I get my legacy bank and that was going to be August anyway.

I am interested in "Provide powerful buffs to Guild members from orbit" but really, really want to know about "Transport entire groups to your personal coordinates instantaneously" I hope you are feeling even more transparent soon

Keep up the good work and info and thank you.

It sounds very much like that 'other' game's Guild talent/ability 'HGWT, Have Group, Will Travel' that worked on a LONG cool-down but instantaneously summoned your entire group to your location.

That would be 'amazing', by the way, if that's how it works in TOR.

You'd think a game that surrounds a war between the Republic and the Empire would have more conflict between the Republic and the Empire. Guess not.

Conflict between the two sides is not exclusively PVP as the latest story arc/Flash Points have shown.

PVP is its own beast and the PVP side of the game have gotten plenty of love over the last few months. No need to get irked because this is a PVE thing at its core.

That said, I'll reserve judgement and fear over the Buffs until we can get an idea of just 'what' those buffs are.

Probably some bonus to XP or commendations or reputation or something.

Maybe something as lame as a bonus to Conquest-related reputation only.

Probably some bonus to XP or commendations or reputation or something.

Maybe something as lame as a bonus to Conquest-related reputation only.

With them termed 'powerful', I have to assume they're something more than those options you've listed, but we'll see.

To be completely honest, the buffs are irrelevant to me. The perks, on the other hand, have me very excited. Mass-transport? Yes, please.

All that I can do is to reiterate what Jack Wood (Producer on Stronghold's Team) said at our Boston event "We want Flagships to be something that Guilds strive to acquire" :rak_03:

-eric

So, not less than 100 million creds.

There are some yahoos out there that have over 100 million themselves, and some guilds with multiple people like this.

I see "Credit Sink" of epic proportions here. And it's needed, true. I wonder what this will do to the economy :eek: I fear nothing, but that my meager 8 million credits spread across my entire legacy will soon confer very different purchasing power than before.

A few other things I have seen in the thread...

• Quick Travel - You can travel to your Stronghold anytime you can use Quick Travel currently. Also, as a subscriber you have a few options on where you can travel to from your Stronghold, including back to the coordinates you just came from.

-eric

This is excellent news. Well done. I like the options :)

Next question...Chat...

After 2-1/2 years, General Chat on Fleet is where the vast majority of PuG groups search for players. This is good because we have an established and centralized location to search for players. Could you please encourage the Devs to allow us to still be a part of Fleet General Chat from our homes? If not, would the team consider adding a new default LFG channel that defaults to all players (old and new) chat tabs? Trade has one...LFG needs one. My only fear with Strongholds is that you'll be removing players from the PuG pool by stretching chat too thin in multiple locations vs. the centralized Fleet Chat we have now.

I sympathize with this a bit, but worst case scenario I figure my Bounty Hunter will enjoy his personal Tatooine Homestead, my Smuggler will sprawl out in his Nar Shaddaa Sky Palace, my Jedi Knight will meditate on Coruscant, and my Inquisitor will cackle maniacally in his Dromund Kaas Stronghold while my Warrior broods menacingly in the corner waiting for the real estate market on Korriban to open up eventually.

Agreed. I'm sure there are people like myself who can justify their toons living together.

*My Knight and Consular are cousins, so they can share the Coruscant house.

*My Trooper and BH are brothers, and good friends with my Smuggler, so they can share the Tatooine home.

*Even in my head-canon, my Agent lives on Nar Shaddaa, so he can have that place. My head-canon Kaliyo is in a relationship with Lieutenant Pierce, so I can see the Warrior crew moving in with the Agent for convenience.

*My Inquisitor will selfishly keep the DK house to himself.

A push-back combined with some interesting features we haven't heard about and others we asked for?

Plus an additional round of thank-you's for subscribers?

Um... OK. Here, have some money. :D

This one made me laugh out loud for real.:D

My Sith characters would live, decorate and focus on architecture and designs completely different from my Agent and my Bounty Hunter. I know you said that the Strongholds are Legacy based, and I'm assuming that means that there's one Stronghold on each planet per account, as opposed to having Strongholds for each character.

I'm a bit saddened by this as this means I'll have to pick ONE character to focus on when it comes to Strongholds.

You could make your Sith's home on Drommund Kaas with your Agent on Nar Shadda and your BH on Tatooine, for example. Having your Sith live on DK and the other characters live elsewhere would probably fit with whatever RP you have for them. Technically the game will probably allow all of them to access all of the homes but there's no reason why you have to do so.

EDIT: Forgot to say thanks Bruce & especially Eric for the update and answering our questions. I wasn't that interested in the Strongholds update but now I'm really keen. Planetary conquest has me actually thinking about joining a guild for the first time since before the first round of server transfers!

Edited by Irongut

Okay, on the "Strongholds are Legacy-based, not character-based" front...

Eric, you said we can buy/unlock multiple Strongholds. Does that mean, I can get one on every planet available, or could I, for instance, get 2 Sky Palaces?

Don't know if this was asked yet but are there any plans to support open world PvP with the conquest events? I know they are currently just PvE missions but is there a possibility of supporting open world PvP with them in the future? Some sort of faction vs faction galactic conquest would be awesome especially with the guild flag ships. Or could this all be on the "wall of crazy?" :eek:

This is excellent news. Well done. I like the options :)

Next question...Chat...

After 2-1/2 years, General Chat on Fleet is where the vast majority of PuG groups search for players. This is good because we have an established and centralized location to search for players. Could you please encourage the Devs to allow us to still be a part of Fleet General Chat from our homes? If not, would the team consider adding a new default LFG channel that defaults to all players (old and new) chat tabs? Trade has one...LFG needs one. My only fear with Strongholds is that you'll be removing players from the PuG pool by stretching chat too thin in multiple locations vs. the centralized Fleet Chat we have now.

I would also like to second this suggestion.