Biochem question

nufanvandal

Hello,

My friends and I are trying to spread out what we craft, and for my IA my friend is already crafting blasters and whatnot. Currently one of the skills none of us have is biochem. Is this a good crafting skill to have, and do items sell? I'm level 30 on one of my characters and I never buy stims but I could see people buying them off the market for operations and high level content.

Biochem is probably the easiest craft to see a long-term market for. You think people are going into raids without stims? Who doesn't want an extra 100 points in their main attribute?

Medpaks, of course, will always have a market.

The question isn't if they will sell, but if they will sell at a high enough price to justify spending the money on the gathering missions. There's just no way to know. It depends on supply and demand.

Many people will refuse to pay 5k for product when they can get them in-guild. Many others will take biochem themselves to avoid the cost. However, it takes multiple gathering missions to put together the stuff for blue stims/paks - and those missions cost between 1k and 2k each.

Edited by Kholvan

it is a good crafting skill. you can make implants that anyone can use (i think) and stims and adrenals and medpacks. medpacks require someone with biochem to use them and the artifact level stims also require biochem to use but the blue and green ones dont as far as i can tell. it appears the adrenals are the same way although i dont have any artifact level adrenals right now.

i have made blue implants for other players so i know they can be used by other players but most of it is gonna be made for you.

so far i havent gotten into selling anything i make but there are blue stims you can make that persist through death and give bonuses so i would asume those are gonna be worth some money down the line.

mostly it appears to be a crafting skill best used for yourself but it does have some benefits to other players.

its actually a better much market to sell the materials on my server then it is to sell biochem stuff. I can sell a purple level 33 implant for 10k. I can sell just the two purple mats it takes to make the implant for 10k ea... and they sell much faster. I put up a ton of blue medpacks and it took forever to sell. Second time around i just sold the mats and i tripled my profit in half the time.

The market is all sorts of f'd up, again at least on my server.

Its a great craft to have for yourself and your clan. In terms of cash, bioanalysis my money maker.

its actually a better much market to sell the materials on my server then it is to sell biochem stuff.

I agree. At the moment, you can't sell bio items except at a paper loss versus the theoretical value of the mats ... an actual loss if running gathering missions (versus in-field gathering) past grade 2 or so.

However, of all the professions, biochem is the one it's easiest to see eventually working as the market evolves.

Edited by Kholvan

Biochem is a great one to have, low level its great for the re-useable medpacks and stims for yourself, its makes those few non-solo bosses solo able. after all who does not like a self heal that fixes you for 3/4 of youre healthbar every 90 sec.

as for market sales, besites implants theres not much you can sell till 50 , then the market will open up big time and you will make huge flows of cash. things is no lvl 33 is going to pay for youre stimms since they are darn expencive to make. the effort of upkeeping the grind to learn all those blue and purple recipe's is HUGE. as a biochem crafter in making you will be a poor broke hobo for a long long time.

Hello,

My friends and I are trying to spread out what we craft, and for my IA my friend is already crafting blasters and whatnot. Currently one of the skills none of us have is biochem. Is this a good crafting skill to have, and do items sell? I'm level 30 on one of my characters and I never buy stims but I could see people buying them off the market for operations and high level content.

In fact Biochem is the best craft skill, and it's not even close.

Reusable Stims, Potions, and Adrenals. Clear advantage for the person actually doing Biochem and the ability to supply guild members with the blue versions (which aren't reusable) is still quite valuable.