Huttball useless as ever

VixenRawR

Why is this warzone even here honestly?

Only a few classes excel at it while the rest crawl around.

Every time a powertech or operative has the ball, it's pretty much game over unless the FULL team is able to head them off. That's not if they glitch when they roll and you can't even figure where they are. And all you see is them falling through the ramp to the bottom so you jump down and nope they are still up top. Can't cc or knock them back when they are like this either.

Warzone is just a joke. Queshball isn't any better with people passing up to ledge. And range reign supreme on that map while melee crawl around on the bottom after being knocked off and picked off by range up top. Just a terribly designed map.

if they glitch when they roll and you can't even figure where they are. And all you see is them falling through the ramp to the bottom so you jump down and nope they are still up top. Can't cc or knock them back when they are like this either.

I see only one reasonable problem here.

But the rest of the post doesnt make sense.

Edited by unibim

Any class can do well at huttball. TBH the sorc tank jug leap+pull+leap is at least as powerful as op roll or powertech HTL.

In fact huttball is one of the ONLY maps where every single AC has a role to play and can contriubute. FAR FAR more than Arena play.

Huttball (both) and Novarre Coast are the only two WZs I even like to play anymore. Logged on the other night and got four Huttballs in a row. It was glorious.

And nothing beats playing Huttball as a Jugg/JK.

Edited by DarthOvertone

Its sad to see the tired old "L2P" type cliches in this thread. Its almost become like a Hilter comparison, "Oh you have a grievance with the game? L2P Nub" And everyone joins the bandwagon, "Yeah they must suck cause dude said L2P"

I completely agreed with the OP, and some of the more thoughtful replies that there is a counter-tactic to everthing. The problem is we mostly all play PUG matches. When the enemy team get two PT tanks, that are durable, move as fast a a speeder, have a leap, and the worst case, guard each other and become a megatank, there is't much counter to that. If you are going against this team and have a compostion of Mercs, Snipers and Maraurders you are just Shyt-Out-Luck. Might as well just quit and get to the next warzone.

I don't know what the answer to the problem is honestly. Perhaps PTs have have their 90% speed boost tuned down a bit? its kind of stupid really, and make fire and acid snare rollers. They can still move fast and jump from platforms to inzones it just becomes a little more sane.

Edited by KevinQCowart

Any class can do well at huttball. TBH the sorc tank jug leap+pull+leap is at least as powerful as op roll or powertech HTL.

In fact huttball is one of the ONLY maps where every single AC has a role to play and can contriubute. FAR FAR more than Arena play.

Snipers still crawl, merc h/o is pathetic compared to the powertech.

Its sad to see the tired old "L2P" type cliches in this thread. Its almost become like a Hilter comparison, "Oh you have a grievance with the game? L2P Nub" And everyone joins the bandwagon, "Yeah they must suck cause dude said L2P"

I completely agreed with the OP, and some of the more thoughtful replies that there is a counter-tactic to everthing. The problem is we mostly all play PUG matches. When the enemy team get two PT tanks, that are durable, move as fast a a speeder, have a leap, and the worst case, guard each other and become a megatank, there is't much counter to that. If you are going against this team and have a compostion of Mercs, Snipers and Maraurders you are just Shyt-Out-Luck. Might as well just quit and get to the next warzone.

I don't know what the answer to the problem is honestly. Perhaps PTs have have their 90% speed boost tuned down a bit? its kind of stupid really, and make fire and acid snare rollers. They can still move fast and jump from platforms to inzones it just becomes a little more sane.

Since you brought up the good old L2P, in HB players suppose to PASS THE BALL, NOT TRY TO RUN WITH IT ALL THE WAY. Now that something EVERY CLASS, EQUALY CAN DO.

Those suggestions are serious no-brainers. Who green-lighted sonic the powertech? Why don't acid/fire traps override all immuniities? Has the lead combat Dev ever pvp'd?

Warzone is just a joke. Queshball isn't any better with people passing up to ledge. And range reign supreme on that map while melee crawl around on the bottom after being knocked off and picked off by range up top. Just a terribly designed map.

my jugg thanks all the ranged players that are "supreme" in quesh ball, they make 6 goaling their team all the more easy...

Seriously? Learn to play. Yeah I have an OP and a powertech, I can score all 6 points on those classes without much of an issue. Yeah every class can pass, but every class shouldn't be able to run to the end solo and have no issues.

Don't get me wrong, I had fun on the old huttball map in the past, it's just certain abilities added later in the game have made it kind of one sided depending on certain classes showing up.

Edited by VixenRawR

So don't crawl and do something useful instead? :confused:

Even poor sniper can score (wait for a pass on a ledge and use roll on last firepit ). :eek: What you talking about? :D

Queshball isn't any better with people passing up to ledge.

Agree here. :(

Edited by Glower

lol mad because you cant play huttball

it is particularly frustrating with or against the wrong comp. for example, as a dps mando, I can definitely contribute to my team, but only in ancillary ways like contributing to control of mid or getting ahead of carrier or getting a net on the enemy carrier. unfortunately, I can't fire pull, can't heal, can't carry (relative to others). can't close gaps or rescue (huge in those maps). don't speed buff my team. can't pop immunity abil to pick up the ball.

on the other hand, when I run around on a PT, mara or jugg, I feel as though no matter how bad my team is, I can still contribute in a meaningful way.

for example, it doesn't matter how crap my team is, I'll firepull a carrier at least once every match, usually many more times. as a jugg I can just about make it from spawn to goal all on my own (leap > push > leap...possibly an intercede thrown in). and as a mara, every time we get the ball I feel fulfilled just popping super predation. I don't normally play other ACs, so I dunno what it's like on scoundrel or sorc or sin, but I feel comparatively helpless on the merc and imagine a similar degree of frustration on a sniper.

Every time a powertech or operative has the ball, it's pretty much game over unless the FULL team is able to head them off. That's not if they glitch when they roll and you can't even figure where they are. And all you see is them falling through the ramp to the bottom so you jump down and nope they are still up top. Can't cc or knock them back when they are like this either.

Come on mate, at least wait a couple of posts before contradicting yourself

We had a huttball the other day....once either team got the ball there was almost nothing anyone could. We lost 6-4 which might sound like an even match, but it was basically a content of who would grab the ball first. Pointless when no one can kill anyone or even slow them down.

Honestly? This just sounds like the OP is butthurt from being on the losing end of too many 6-0's....

Huttball: (from the classes I play)

Scoundrel: decent at carrying because of scamper, self heals, evasion, etc. - can support the carrier otherwise. Plus, in the standard Huttball map, you can stealth to the endzone, and your ball carrier can run straight thru the middle and pass up to you as you unstealth... pretty much an instant score.

Shadow: 12s of "can't touch me" - nuff said. - plus, same stealth tactic as above.

Jugg & Vanguard: really no explanation needed here, it's obvious.

I know snipers that sit and just make people's life hell from range when they get the ball.... Most classes IF YOU KNOW HOW TO PLAY YOUR CLASS can make worthwhile contributions to Huttball/Queshball.... It's when people who don't know how to play their class, try to do things their class isn't good at, that they start to think that [insert this warzone name here] sucks.