Aurora Canon 4man Requires at least 3 Humans?

Bioware when announcing Section X specifically stated that the heroic is for 4 people and companions do not count, so just because you can cheat most heroic 4, doesnt mean you can on all of them and assuming you can on all of them is not a good way of thinking. I understand you want to play with your other half, but some content you have to have more people.

How is being good enough to do H4's without 4 ppl cheating? Just because it is H4 doesn't mean you have to use 4 ppl, it's just recommended that you do because it will be challenging otherwise.

Edited by Ryofo

How is being good enough to do H4's without 4 ppl cheating? Just because it is H4 doesn't mean you have to use 4 ppl, it's just recommended that you do because it will be challenging otherwise.

Exactly. Heroic 4 =/= Needs 4 people (or 3 people as some people like to point it out).

Tbh, heroic content should not mean that you have to group up.

I understand that BW is gating some things to require you to get flagged for PvP, group up, etc. I'm just complaining that I find it annoying that they are forcing this to require more than 1 person to complete.

Wow people find anything to cry about its pretty funny. If you wanna solo it than solo it if you wanna do it with 2 people go right ahead. It's pretty simple and when you get to the last boss just say "need 1-3 people to come click AC for me rest is finished". Instead you come here and cry because in an mmo you can't solo everything. Get over yourself

Exactly. Heroic 4 =/= Needs 4 people (or 3 people as some people like to point it out).

Tbh, heroic content should not mean that you have to group up.

I understand that BW is gating some things to require you to get flagged for PvP, group up, etc. I'm just complaining that I find it annoying that they are forcing this to require more than 1 person to complete.

^ this guys is also probably one of the people crying that premades need to be banned form pvp lol

^ this guys is also probably one of the people crying that premades need to be banned form pvp lol

Funny, cuz I'm not. Though, I think Rift got it right where premades follow a formula where they look for other premades, first and foremost.

I'm actually one of the people that wasn't against the requirements for HK-51 requiring some FP content and such. I'm not even really complaining that you have to do the content in a group, per se... well, I find it annoying, but I accept it since it's a minor inconvenience.

My real problem is that people seem to think that when a quest says "Heroic" that it immediately means it requires 2+ people. And that's not really the truth in this game, is it? So if the general rule has been that Heroics =/= group content, then stop using that as the basis for the justification for this quest.

I hope this more adequately explains my side of the argument as you seem to have a serious lack of understanding what I was trying to explain.

After this thread I had to try the 3 manning it option. Looks to me like an exploit, but one I think should be allowed due to the stupidity of the quest. Artificially forcing 4 people regardless of competence and gear is stupid, especially on low pop servers like I am on.

After this thread I had to try the 3 manning it option. Looks to me like an exploit, but one I think should be allowed due to the stupidity of the quest. Artificially forcing 4 people regardless of competence and gear is stupid, especially on low pop servers like I am on.

then they should make it a heroic 2+ instead of heroic 4. in fact, change all heroic 4's in the game to solo quests.

then they should make it a heroic 2+ instead of heroic 4. in fact, change all heroic 4's in the game to solo quests.

Calling it a heroic 4 is fine. Changing one it so one heroic 4 in the entire game no longer follows the pattern of being a recommendation is what needs to change.

This game is an MMO as people have pointed out on this forum. As an MMO, there are going to be challenges that require the coordination of multiple players. Sometimes you can work around that and sometimes you cannot. I don't think people should get upset when considering this is an MMO and the devs actually want people to work together.

I find it funny that people in this game complain about there not being enough content to make this a *credible* MMO yet when they come upon challenges that require you to group, get upset because it is lol. Anyway, as someone mentioned, the last puzzle can be completed with 3 players.

I can confirm that this is infact right. I do have to say though I was rather dejected after getting through the entire instance (as well as killing the boss) only to find that we actually needed 4 players to finish the quest.

Was very surprised at the lack of any warning (upon entering the instance) indicating this to be honest.

did you not see the Heroic +4 on the mission :D lol i know you can solo meany of them but still that is your warrning

+4 means 4 players recommended

+2 means 2 or more recommended

Edited by Genuine

Well, here's my take on it.

There are very good arguments for the "no other H4 actually requires 4 humans or even 3 humans" -- this is true. Every other H4 in the game can theoretically be 2-manned, the change up here may be startling to people. The logical part of my mind nods.

The common sense part of my mind notes that 2-manning most of the daily content is EXTREMELY painful and a waste of time. It's much easier to go through Black Hole and Sec X with a four man and doing as a 2-man is just asking for it.

Long story short: If you 3 man every heroic you will not have this problem, find a friend to play with you and your spouse.

• 6 months later...
My hubby and I like to do 4man heroics with just the 2 of us and 2 of our companions. We worked our way to the end of Aurora Canon only to find that apparently it takes 3 actual human players to click simultaneously on 3 things to bring down the forcefield to finish detonating the EMP.

Could someone comfirm I am right in this. If I'm wrong, explain how to do it with only 2 humans and 2 companions. If I'm wrong I apologize and rescind the comments that follow.

Can some developer tell me why you would do this? 4man has always meant 4 and you guys pride yourself on a game that has these useful companions. I've done countless 4s using companions to fill out the group. If a group has to have more than 2 humans, I think there should be a warning so we dont' waste our time, resources (in death repair) and emotional well-being!!!

So because I don't like grouping with people I don't know, I can never complete this 4man and thus the weekly. I'm bummed to say the least.

dont u mean 2 players 2 companions not all players are human

You need four players, because you need two people to hold gates open, so two players let other two inside, and those two, when inside, open the gates for the first pair. No way around it.

You can get through all gates with only 2 guys. You just need to stand very close to the forcefield, and you'll make it through before it closes.

• 2 years later...

I was just pointing out that the post before the most recent was 2 years ago, saying that..

I absolutely agree though, especially now that Section X is so far below our current endgame that nobody really goes there. It was hard to find full groups to do it when our cap was 55 and it was pretty relevant (good credits..) but now I wouldn't even try.

As the person who revived the thread said, this mission comes up as a class mission from the Priority Terminal to go there and then complete the weekly... On all my new toons i've just left Black Hole and Section X from that terminal alone.. never click em so I don't waste space in my already tiny mission log..

If you really wanna do it, find 2-3 guildies or pug a few on fleet, cuz theres not gonna be anyone on section x (unless your lucky..)

Always enough people to do it every single time I go there. Never had to wait more than about five minutes to get a group.

I dunno, maybe Section X is just more popular on my server, because it is never the empty ghost town that is always described in these kinds of threads. Odd.

I'ver never had any problems getting a full 4man group to get the heroic done(although I don't usually decide to do the heroic), I'm playing on the red eclipse server.

The first time I did the quest when it came out I tried it with guildies, we were I think 3 of us, and with some assissin creed at the very very end we managed to complete the heroic.

Though no one at the time believed it was doable with just 3 ppl, it definitely was and it still is. In fact it might even be doable with 2 ppl, provided they are shadows/sins that can use phasewalk or such, you'll have to be insanely fast, challenge accepted anyone?

There's also another quest that is a bit like the aurora canon, which is the end heroic for the Macrobinocular questline. I tried to 3 man that one when it came out with some guildies, alas it didn't work that well at the time, although I still blame my guildies for not trying long enough!

How you 3m Aurora canon is this;

2 persons stand and channel their pillars or have 1 clicking the terminal. This leaves out either 1 pillar or the terminal, depending on which the other 2 people chose to take(it doesn't matter which you take for the third player). The third player in the group goes to the remaining pillar or terminal that the other two isn't currently occupying and then begins channeling/clicking the thing and then cancel it to immediately begin clicking the core, provided you do this fast enough you'll be able to click the core before the shield comes back up again on it.

Because initially the core has a shield on itself that prevents you from clicking it, and clicking both the pillars at the sides and the terminal in the middle is the requirement to take down the shield around the core.

If you succeed however with clicking the core in time then your toon starts doing the grenade cast, you don't even need to stand still and let him finish the cast, you just need to see it happen to know that the grenade has been thrown at the right time, and then you can just start running towards the exit, heroic complete.

Edited by cirruz