Incentive for Galactic Starfighters to *not* upgrade their ship?

caronome

Im pretty sure he is asking what the point is to upgrade your ship since you'll never get an edge since you're always gonna be put in a match with people with the same upgrades.

Yes, I was apparently unsuccessful at explaining it well enough.

I suspect there are many who would not grind for full Obroan gear if it could only be used in full Obroan gear matches. Many(most) on forums advocate skill >>>>> gear. Yet I think GW2 design where your efforts/grind did not provide a combat bonus were not well received.

No biggie; in a few hours we will be playing not speculating.

So they shouldn't match up players based on quality of ship? That would be like putting 55s into warzones with level 15s. I'm missing the problem here. Theoretically, people who PVP want to beat others and prove they are better than everyone. Sticking back with the entry-level fighter against noobs won't really accomplish that. But if someone wanted to sit with an entry-level fighter and cherry pick noobs, that's not going to accomplish much for them either. BW is lowering the credit rewards from the PTS and there are plenty of easy ways to farm credits anyway. Those people would be earning a lot of rewards to upgrade their ship.....which doesn't really help them if they just want to stay at the entry-level fighter.